Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dominica Jazz N Creole...would you be interested?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i really feeling like socapineman just talking now yes... i tried to give the benefit of the doubt but seems like time for repossession!
    The truth of the matter is that you have learnt so much from me that it is not even funny!

But, it's all good, each one teach one.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    airlines dont pay taxes when they fly to the caribbean that is the greatest con ever.

st kitts lol... that country got 200% debt to GDP ratio.

Grenada got > 100K people, and the airport was built by the cubans for free.

building is easy, paying for and maintaining after is the difficult part. not even antigua paid for their airport.
    smh...btw, how did they ever let you into Lehman......you are one of the biggest skeptic ,anti Govt, anti capitalism on here, geez!

Ok...yeah I forgot..poor example for Spice. Anyway, I see why you out the industry, no vision at all.

Bro, how is St. Vincent doing it, how did Spice built back their stadium.....begging, grants,etc.....capital markets.

Again, we need ppl who can think Big...yeah, it is not ez....but, if the citizens on the same page...that is to grow the business, improve and increase tourists ....then yes, you have to build it.....again, departure taxes, grants from other islands, etc...can get it done....boy....I am glad you not on any boards or in management of any companies I am invested in, you have a negative outlook.

Credits
    socapineman u on shit dominica have barely over 60,000 people. the island is most mountainous and rural in the region for its size. and unlike the other islands we are not under the queen, dominicans have taken different approach and decided to maintain and develop our eco tourism and stop begging the u.s.a and usual suspects for money like the other islands. also many dominicans and others have not such a difficult time getting here as you make it out to be, take flight to any neighbouring island and hop on a smaller plane or ferry is not that much work, but yes it is a bit more money. and believe it or not it actually adds to the mystery of the 'nature island", many tourists are intrigued by the fact that it does not have an airport, gives a real untouched paradise kind of vibe.
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    socapineman u on shit dominica have barely over 60,000 people. the island is most mountainous and rural in the region for its size. and unlike the other islands we are not under the queen, dominicans have taken different approach and decided to maintain and develop our eco tourism and stop begging the u.s.a and usual suspects for money like the other islands. also many dominicans and others have not such a difficult time getting here as you make it out to be, take flight to any neighbouring island and hop on a smaller plane or ferry is not that much work, but yes it is a bit more money. and believe it or not it actually adds to the mystery of the 'nature island", many tourists are intrigued by the fact that it does not have an airport, gives a real untouched paradise kind of vibe.

Why do I need to be on something to have a vision ?

If you disagree then say so or put forth a valid cohesive argument why it can't work !

St kitts then have about the same population ...they have an intl airport, I can think of numerous other islands that have just about the same pop that have intl airport.

St Vincent had to dig through mountains also...to build, so again, what is your point..?...your only point to me is that you guys are too proud to beg, as for grants or assistance from Trinidad or Venezuela , etc....and guess what that is find also......leave things how they are, clearly, a vision of growth is not in you guys DNA !

Yeah you right...some are intrigued ...The majority of travels are not!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Why do I need to be on something to have a vision ?

If you disagree then say so or put forth a valid cohesive argument why it can't work !

St kitts then have about the same population ...they have an intl airport, I can think of numerous other islands that have just about the same pop that have intl airport.

St Vincent had to dig through mountains also...to build, so again, what is your point..?...your only point to me is that you guys are too proud to beg, as for grants or assistance from Trinidad or Venezuela , etc....and guess what that is find also......leave things how they are, clearly, a vision of growth is not in you guys DNA !
    st vincy dont have as many mountains as us, and st vincy does not brand itself as nature island. st vincy is still under the queen....dominica have much more vision than most islands believe that, an airport dont have nothing to do with vision

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    st vincy dont have as many mountains as us, and st vincy does not brand itself as nature island. st vincy is still under the queen....dominica have much more vision than most islands believe that, an airport dont have nothing to do with vision
    I hear you,......you enjoy your island !

Credits
    I hear you,......you enjoy your island !
    i will

Credits
    a performance at hotel during that weekend

wicked band

Credits
    smh...btw, how did they ever let you into Lehman......you are one of the biggest skeptic ,anti Govt, anti capitalism on here, geez!

Ok...yeah I forgot..poor example for Spice. Anyway, I see why you out the industry, no vision at all.

Bro, how is St. Vincent doing it, how did Spice built back their stadium.....begging, grants,etc.....capital markets.

Again, we need ppl who can think Big...yeah, it is not ez....but, if the citizens on the same page...that is to grow the business, improve and increase tourists ....then yes, you have to build it.....again, departure taxes, grants from other islands, etc...can get it done....boy....I am glad you not on any boards or in management of any companies I am invested in, you have a negative outlook.

lol at skeptic i am fcking realist, i do not want to burden my people with debt, we ALREADY burdened by debt. I already told you how Vincy building theres. The fact is the rule of thumb for International Airport building in the Caribbean was get it built by the US/ British/ Russians/ Cuba who were doing their proxy war.

There is a difference between THINKING big and DREAMING big. If Dominica.

You did not even acknowledge St. Kitts debt situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    lol at skeptic i am fcking realist, i do not want to burden my people with debt, we ALREADY burdened by debt. I already told you how Vincy building theres. The fact is the rule of thumb for International Airport building in the Caribbean was get it built by the US/ British/ Russians/ Cuba who were doing their proxy war.

There is a difference between THINKING big and DREAMING big. If Dominica.

You did not even acknowledge St. Kitts debt situation.
    Wow.....we have something in common, a realist......that is how I knowledge my thought process given I am 98% of the time I am in the minority. ....btw are you a lefty also?

Anyway...re this topic....I feel we are fundamentally looking at this differently. ...and that is cool. Re the majority of ppl I know that travel.....a direct flight is always better...and if I am running a Govt, I would think the citizens would of that island would see the benefits of having an intl airport if we are planning on hosting intl or major events.....anyway, such is life. Re St Kitts.....idk the facts....what I do know is that they have an intl airport and that is someplace I would consider visiting.

Man lets talk about the markets....forget this.....go start a thread....thinking of buying puts ar 3:45 0n the S&P....prior to another record close...what are your thoughts ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    More Caribbean jazz.

With Etienne Charles and Jaques Schwarz-Bart of Martinique. Schwarz-Bart has several discs out and records and tours with Charles.

Free concert in DC next Thursday. Hopefully, I can run down from work.

Jacques Schwarz-Bart | Explore the Arts - The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

6/6/13: Jacques Schwarz-Bart

The saxophonist has played alongside many jazz luminaries, including Roy Hargrove, Danilo Pérez, and Meshell n’Degeocello. He presents his Jazz Racine Haiti, a project that blends modern jazz and ritual voodoo music from Haiti. Part of DC Jazz Festival.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits

In 2004 Ralph Gonzales came to Dominica to convince us we only need night landing and no International airport..then in 2007 the ICC chose their grounds for the 2007 Cricket World Cup. they chose St.Kitts over Vincy ONLY for one reason. No Into airport in Vincy land.. Since then mr Ralph Gonzales been on a mission to make sure his country had one. mind u the funder for vincy land IA was the same one that was gonna fund Dominica IA

Vincy Land airport on crack their shit more advanced than any other island.. They lead and gonna lead for some time..

The guys who actually agreed with this and took night landing all feel dumb. But seriously thou... with that kind of airport in Da I don't know how they would have pulled it off.. Dominica has 9 sleeping volcanoes with a active boiling lake how many vincy got? get my drift? blasting mountains? ummmm yea.. with the right engineers maybe? iono

Credits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12