Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dominica Jazz N Creole...would you be interested?

Credits

Dominica Jazz N Creole...would you be interested?

This will be a first...Well we will definitely have some tough competition with other islands for that period, especially st lucia jazz fest and apparently bvi music fest falls at same time. But I have a feeling the event will succeed and do fine, our jazz festival will differentiate ourself from the other festivals because of the french creole element and will focus more on local home grown talent. good move to push our music further and pay homage to our pioneers... lets set the mood with a classic gem i found today also as mothers day coming up, one the caribbean greatest out of the nature isle

you cant get music like this nowhere else you know
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

Credits
    Speaking about jazz and the Caribbean, I discovered this guy's music recently. I was between sleep and wake and heard it on the radio. Had to call to find out who the artist was. Thought he was Dominican, but he's from VI.

"Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Speaking about jazz and the Caribbean, I discovered this guy's music recently. I was between sleep and wake and heard it on the radio. Had to call to find out who the artist was. Thought he was Dominican, but he's from VI.

not bad, i must admit i prefer tings with riddim

Myspace Music Player

nice easy listening cadencelyspo jazz fusion

Credits
    big Grammacks, Volt Face, Jazz la douuuuu

Credits
    More Caribbean jazz.

With Etienne Charles and Jaques Schwarz-Bart of Martinique. Schwarz-Bart has several discs out and records and tours with Charles.

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    Good thread...here is a song from one of my favorite Haitian creole jazz bands, Mozayik:

Seawall likes this.

Credits
    Yeah, will women be there ...btw, do they have an int'l airport as of yet ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Good thread...here is a song from one of my favorite Haitian creole jazz bands, Mozayik:

Good record, I have this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Yeah, will women be there ...btw, do they have an int'l airport as of yet ?
    woman always there and we dont have airport yet

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    woman always there and we dont have airport yet
    i laugh when people ask that question, people act like anguilla have an international airport.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    i laugh when people ask that question, people act like anguilla have an international airport.
    But what is your reason for lol....isn't it not a valid question ?

Some ppl like myself like to minimize travel headaches. .....it would make sense to me that if an island is going to host major events or just to increase tourism in their country......as small as they might be, it seems logical that they the Govt would look towards the capital markets to get funding to carry out such a task...that is to build an int'l airport where you have direct flights in and out of the country...if not, how do you see it ?

Credits
    But what is your reason for lol....isn't it not a valid question ?

Some ppl like myself like to minimize travel headaches. .....it would make sense to me that if an island is going to host major events or just to increase tourism in their country......as small as they might be, it seems logical that they the Govt would look towards the capital markets to get funding to carry out such a task...that is to build an int'l airport where you have direct flights in and out of the country...if not, how do you see it ?
    we have a population of 70K most likely 30K are tax payers, how do you propose we pay for the interest on the bond?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    we have a population of 70K most likely 30K are tax payers, how do you propose we pay for the interest on the bond?

Huh.....how did Grenada do it...how did St. Kitts do it , how did St Vincent do it ?

Ok, you do realize they have such a thing call Revenue Bonds you can go out to 50 years.......?

You do realize that you can add a tax to tourists. ...you do understand that you can tax airlines that want a terminal or enter your airport....

Credits
    Huh.....how did Grenada do it...how did St. Kitts do it , how did St Vincent do it ?

Ok, you do realize they have such a thing call Revenue Bonds you can go out to 50 years.......?

You do realize that you can add a tax to tourists. ...you do understand that you can tax airlines that want a terminal or enter your airport....
    airlines dont pay taxes when they fly to the caribbean that is the greatest con ever.

st kitts lol... that country got 200% debt to GDP ratio.

Grenada got > 100K people, and the airport was built by the cubans for free.

building is easy, paying for and maintaining after is the difficult part. not even antigua paid for their airport.

Credits
    i really feeling like socapineman just talking now yes... i tried to give the benefit of the doubt but seems like time for repossession!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast