Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the Sins of parents fall on the Children?

Credits
    it a sort of way.. if you dont chose your mates properly, you might walk n on your kid getting beaten to death.

Credits
    hmmmm i like the differing view points. I'll be back jus now(My belly is calling for food)
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    Yes. I don't put much stock in the bible but I believe in karma...what you put out there comes back, if not to you then to the ppl you love most. I also believe if you put out good, it will help your children...help some random stranger today and one day in the future someone will help your child when they need it most.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Yes, but the sins weren't passed down necessarily as I think you are suggesting. it's more like the way these people raised their kids predisposes them to actions that will prove to be detrimental in the long wrong.
    exactly. I say this and I get told I am being mean But this is the sum of it. Whatever your "sins" are if you dont face them and get them under control they will dictate your actions and how you raise your children.

And when you cant teach them properly, that is how those "sins" get passed on because the learn the same detrimental mentality as their parents and thus end up making the same choices as their parents - because they see it as the norm.

so if you think being on welfare for your entire life is not a bad thing and your kids see you embrace that kind of thinking....guess what....they more than likely will live the same life and have the same hardships as their parents.
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people donít, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are ó I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Yes. I don't put much stock in the bible but I believe in karma...what you put out there comes back, if not to you then to the ppl you love most. I also believe if you put out good, it will help your children...help some random stranger today and one day in the future someone will help your child when they need it most.
    ...u zeeit

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    I was thinking more along these lines. Like if someone murders someone and get away with it, when and if they don't pay for that, then it passes on to their kids where they may be murdered by someone...

But i see the other viewpoints as well.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Spranga
    Of course not

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    I was thinking more along these lines. Like if someone murders someone and get away with it, when and if they don't pay for that, then it passes on to their kids where they may be murdered by someone...

But i see the other viewpoints as well.
    no way

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by triniameri View Post
    (Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."
    (Ezekiel 18:20) - "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."
    But we under a new covenant according to Hebrews 8, so I believe this law is nullified. At the end of the day though, even if sins from the father don't translate to the son, the son will still be sinful since everyone sins.

Credits
    Not really. It has everything to do with how parents raise their children. If parents have not overcome certain sins and/or do not make an effort to curb harmful behavior in their children, then the children may turn out much worse. However, if parents are making a concerted effort to do right, the children often will turn out better.

Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    But we under a new covenant according to Hebrews 8, so I believe this law is nullified. At the end of the day though, even if sins from the father don't translate to the son, the son will still be sinful since everyone sins.
    But what does being under a new covenant really mean?

Matt 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Hebrews 8 only deals with sacrificial/ceremonial law and the meaning of Christ's sacrifice. The New Covenant does not do away with all of God's laws. It does away with the physical ceremonies because Christ is our sacrificial Lamb. That is why Matthew 5 makes very clear that not one jot or tittle of the law will be done away with until heaven and earth pass away.

There are different laws in the Scripture: Ten Commandments (moral law)
    sacrificial/ceremonial law, health laws (principles), the law of Moses (distinct from God's law). So whether or not the law is done away with/applicable depends on which laws are being referenced. Context is everything.

Misunderstanding of what the New Covenant is and does is one of the greatest deceptions being taught in Christianity today. Lots of info out there on this, but guess that's another discussion...

Credits
    yea.. if daddy was running around breaking people girl children heart.. then his daughters might need heart surgery to keep the pieces of their myocardial tissue together lol..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    I just think if you living and doing wrong then how u go teach ur kids de right way? Cuz that do as i say not as i do ting nah mek it.

Credits
    do not does. amazing how u ppl can get decent jobs.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    Do you believe that? Like some parents who were mean and miserable in their younger days or older and then they have kids, but the kids turn out to be worse or have a hard life, do you think the parent's sins were passed down to them as punishment?
    No I dont believe it..Peopple only apply and think of this theory when its convenient to their perspective.
    If a man/woman is struggling in life its easy to say its becasue their parents did alot of wrong..but this perception is almost never considered when you see someone who is sucessful and doing well in life that have the worse parents

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Not really. It has everything to do with how parents raise their children. If parents have not overcome certain sins and/or do not make an effort to curb harmful behavior in their children, then the children may turn out much worse. However, if parents are making a concerted effort to do right, the children often will turn out better.

But what does being under a new covenant really mean?

Matt 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Hebrews 8 only deals with sacrificial/ceremonial law and the meaning of Christ's sacrifice. The New Covenant does not do away with all of God's laws. It does away with the physical ceremonies because Christ is our sacrificial Lamb. That is why Matthew 5 makes very clear that not one jot or tittle of the law will be done away with until heaven and earth pass away.

There are different laws in the Scripture: Ten Commandments (moral law)
    sacrificial/ceremonial law, health laws (principles), the law of Moses (distinct from God's law). So whether or not the law is done away with/applicable depends on which laws are being referenced. Context is everything.

Misunderstanding of what the New Covenant is and does is one of the greatest deceptions being taught in Christianity today. Lots of info out there on this, but guess that's another discussion...
    Till all is fulfilled is what I believe. I believe the fulfillment happened when Jesus died on the cross.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast