Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone notice the disturbing similarities between some Jamaicans and Nigerians?

The greatest city in the world come 2012!!
    Credits

Does anyone notice the disturbing similarities between some Jamaicans and Nigerians?

....at least in the UK. Im mainly talking about the Yoruba group in Nigeria.

Jamaicans are Loud. Nigerians are loud.

Some Jamaicans bleach. Some Nigerians bleach.

Some Jamaicans think they are the Caribbean. Some Nigerians think they are Africa.

Jamaicans dont like Nigerians. Nigerians cant bloody stand the Jamaicans.

Jamaicans are the biggest anglophone Caribbean group in the UK. Nigerians are the biggest West African group in the UK.

Nigerian men have some predilection for Jamaican women.

The two groups seem to clash all the time.

Ironically the Jamaicans of African descent are not really known to have Yoruba ancestry unlike the Brazillians and Cubans. Instead, Jamaicans have Nigerian igbo ancestry and ancestry from Ghana (mainly Akan, Ashanti etc).

Credits
    some one told me that they Nigerian group in UK are more powerful than the Jamaican over there

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaine View Post
    some one told me that they Nigerian group in UK are more powerful than the Jamaican over there
    Jamaicans are the AA's of the U.K, they are not really liked over there and make up the pop. of most of the ghettos...from what I have heard...I know this UK born Nigerian friend who disliked all Caribbean people bcuz of his experience with Jamaicans and would constantly refer to all Caribbean people as Yardies, even when trying to identify the differences, he would say we are all dirty Jamaicans and he does not care.

Credits
    ???????????????????????????????
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    If you would've said Haitians, you would've been on to something.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    if you would've said haitians, you would've been on to something.
    why?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaine View Post
    Hope you werent standng too close to that "someone" because that someone was talking shit. In essence, no black group is "Powerful" in the UK but Jamaicans have much more clout than the Nigerians in the UK. Some Nigerians are business-minded and academically-driven but they usually obeah their way into it.

Credits
    "disturbing similarities" ? A lot of the stuff you've listed can be attributed to plenty of other black countries.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    Jamaicans are the AA's of the U.K, they are not really liked over there and make up the pop. of most of the ghettos...from what I have heard...I know this UK born Nigerian friend who disliked all Caribbean people bcuz of his experience with Jamaicans and would constantly refer to all Caribbean people as Yardies, even when trying to identify the differences, he would say we are all dirty Jamaicans and he does not care.
    have you ever been to the Uk???
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    I agree with Jaymaca, many people associate all Africans with some of the bad ways of Nigerians and the same with Caribbean people and Jamaicans.

Credits

I beg to differ,

Jamaicans are loved over here, whether its through the food, music, men, women. Nigerians are not "loved" they are tolerated.

Some Indian man dont like Caribbean people because he had a bad experience we Jamaicans. It seems Jamaicans ARE the Caribbean after all.

Credits
    why?
    My Nigerian homeboy said people always ask him if he's Haitian.

Also, both groups are big into the scam business. They know how to make money through ill means.

Jamaicans aren't really that big into the banduloo unless it's the drug game.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymaca View Post
    I beg to differ,

Jamaicans are loved over here, whether its through the food, music, men, women. Nigerians are not "loved" they are tolerated.

Some Indian man dont like Caribbean people because he had a bad experience we Jamaicans. It seems Jamaicans ARE the Caribbean after all.
    Jamaicans are increasingly becoming a marginal group in the U.K and their numbers are dwindling...they are not as respected in the U.K as before, even more so as fewer REAL Jamaicans from the island are migrating there, the U.K Jamaicans ala Jaymaca just do not have the real culture anymore.

The NIgerians are coming in greater numbers and they look down on the Jamaicans.

Credits
    jaymaca please stop calling us caribbeans.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    have you ever been to the Uk???
    no, have u ever been to TNT? NO but u always running u dutty mouth and making statements like u know everything.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast