Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do you think the hormones in food...

  1. #1
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest

    Do you think the hormones in food...

    ..affect your body's growth and development?

    Anecdotal evidence would suffice. Actually studies showing a co-relation, even better.

    The reason I ask is, this boy I know - is 14 yrs old and has a full beard!! He was shaving in Middle school! He first started getting facial hair at NINE.

    And people always tell me I look like a teenager. I don't think I look like a teenager, I think teenagers in the US (any maybe other parts) look like adults!!

    Is it all the hormones in the food???

  2. #2
    Registered User LIONESS onda RISE is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    13,118
    Credits
    1,063,611,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    ..affect your body's growth and development?

    Anecdotal evidence would suffice. Actually studies showing a co-relation, even better.

    The reason I ask is, this boy I know - is 14 yrs old and has a full beard!! He was shaving in Middle school! He first started getting facial hair at NINE.

    And people always tell me I look like a teenager. I don't think I look like a teenager, I think teenagers in the US (any maybe other parts) look like adults!!

    Is it all the hormones in the food???
    i think so..kids today..teenagers look nothing like we used to at the same age. girls are getting breast, and cycle earlier...shoo...my 10 year old god daughter has hair on her legs..im like?

    i do think its the food..also, i think formula fed babies get the worst of it
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

  3. #3
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    No

    There's no evidence of GMFs having adverse effects on consumers.

  4. #4
    Registered User LIONESS onda RISE is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    13,118
    Credits
    1,063,611,852
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    No

    There's no evidence of GMFs having adverse effects on consumers.
    evidence? u cant look around and believe your own eyes?
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

  5. #5
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    i think so..kids today..teenagers look nothing like we used to at the same age. girls are getting breast, and cycle earlier...shoo...my 10 year old god daughter has hair on her legs..im like?

    i do think its the food..also, i think formula fed babies get the worst of it
    lol My co-worker's daughter got her cycle age 9. o.0

    Now I am afraid for when I start having children. I'd probably have to own a farm and grow my own food!

  6. #6
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    I certainly think it affects the body... look at all those kids... like they force ripe.

    Just like Babyloc stated you see all those little girls developing way before their time and there are studies that support that.
    I posted this site on my facebook fan page a few weeks ago.
    Institute for Responsible Technology - Health Risks
    It has a shopping guide which show how to identify the NON-GMO foods
    Non-GMO Shopping Guide
    Toppa_Toppa and DSP like this.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  7. #7
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    No

    There's no evidence of GMFs having adverse effects on consumers.
    And how are they defining 'adverse'?

    I asked if you believe that the hormones they pump into the animals (especially) affect the humans who consume them.

  8. #8
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    And how are they defining 'adverse'?

    I asked if you believe that the hormones they pump into the animals (especially) affect the humans who consume them.
    The answer is no.


    There's no evidence.

  9. #9
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I certainly think it affects the body... look at all those kids... like they force ripe.

    Just like Babyloc stated you see all those little girls developing way before their time and there are studies that support that.
    I posted this site on my facebook fan page a few weeks ago.
    Institute for Responsible Technology - Health Risks
    It has a shopping guide which show how to identify the NON-GMO foods
    Non-GMO Shopping Guide
    Thank you!

    I try to only buy 'organic' foods from like Sprouts. They have really good fruit.

    I think I've forgotten the taste of real chicken - like chicken from back home in the C'bean.

    Remember that scene from the Matrix where the boy was questioning 'Well how do we really know what real chicken tastes like? What if the machines got it wrong?'

    That's how I feel.

  10. #10
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    The answer is no.


    There's no evidence.
    Care to post the studies to back this up?

    You're still not giving a definition for 'adverse' though.

    They may not consider an 11 yr old shaving 'adverse' but I certainly do.

  11. #11
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    Thank you!

    I try to only buy 'organic' foods from like Sprouts. They have really good fruit.

    I think I've forgotten the taste of real chicken - like chicken from back home in the C'bean.

    Remember that scene from the Matrix where the boy was questioning 'Well how do we really know what real chicken tastes like? What if the machines got it wrong?'

    That's how I feel.
    Buy the organic chicken from wholefoods...it's good
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  12. #12
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    Care to post the studies to back this up?

    You're still not giving a definition for 'adverse' though.

    They may not consider an 11 yr old shaving 'adverse' but I certainly do.
    Are these hormones dangerous to the humans who eat the food or drink the milk? The food industry says no—and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) agrees, at least when it comes to cows.
    But it's not clear if such hormones truly are bad for our health. Surprisingly little research has been done on the health effects of these hormones in humans, in part because it's difficult to separate the effects of added hormones from the mixture of natural hormones, proteins, and other components found in milk and meat.####Buying organic####may reassure shoppers, but there's little proof these products are indeed safer.

    Hormones in Food: Should You Worry? - Eating - Health Mobile

  13. #13
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Buy the organic chicken from wholefoods...it's good
    There's no evidence that organic food is safer, Nica.
    Sankat likes this.

  14. #14
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    yes the hormones in the food are serious.. i notice that i get breakouts when i eat too much beef or milk or dairy.. as soon as i stop, nothing... so i have found the link ... the amount of hormones in them cows.. smh is a shame.. i have seen 9 year old girls with the bodies of almost grown women and i'm like?? wth?
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  15. #15
    Toppa_Toppa
    Guest
    OK, so the FOOD INDUSTRY say no and the FDA agrees with regards to cows.

    But then it goes on to say that the effects on humans are UNCLEAR and that there is little research on the matter.

    Yeah, ok.

    I'd hardly call that a ringing endorsement.

    I also heard that the hormones they use to increase milk production in cows actually cause the cows to produce pus and not actual milk because the cows cannot produce the level of milk the hormones induce.

    Gross.

    Had any pus with your cereal today, Opti?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •