Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you support Pirated soca music

Dragon

Question Do you support Pirated soca music

I donít support or condone it

Credits
    i juss need you to give a definite definition of what "pirate" is please.
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    i juss need you to give a definite definition of what "pirate" is please.
    Pirated music : a compilation of songs from different artiste on a CD/Tape with the intent to sell their music without permission

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON
    Pirated music : a compilation of songs from different artiste on a CD/Tape with the intent to sell their music without permission

sooo.. if is from songs from one artiste right... and somebody selling it is it still pirate music???

and say an artiste gives someone a cd right.. and that person goes and plays that music on the radio or proceeds to make copies and distribute.. is that pirating?? (he is NOT making a profit).

Dragon.. i swear i am not being my usual ass self here.. i juss need to find out this for something for real
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    Yup! We've been supporting pirate promoters for so long so..

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    sooo.. if is from songs from one artiste right... and somebody selling it is it still pirate music???

and say an artiste gives someone a cd right.. and that person goes and plays that music on the radio or proceeds to make copies and distribute.. is that pirating?? (he is NOT making a profit).

Dragon.. i swear i am not being my usual ass self here.. i juss need to find out this for something for real
    Definition

Copyright is the exclusive right granted by law to the creator of original literary, artistic or musical works (or the creator's assignee such as a publisher) to do, authorise, or prohibit certain acts in relation to such works. Any person who does, or authorises others to do any of the restricted acts without consent from the copyright owner, infringes copyright. The Copyright Act 1997 of Trinidad & Tobago ("the Copyright Act") grants distinct and separate rights that apply to music. Two of these rights are the performing right and the reproduction right.

The performing right is the right to perform works in public, broadcast works or communicate works to the public (e.g. cable transmission).

The reproduction right includes:- printing of sheet music or lyrics, recording of music either on a sound carrier (e.g. a record, tape, CD) or in a film, video, television programme, or commercial advertisement. Recording by means of audio reproduction is referred to as the "mechanical right" as originally, recordings were made by mechanical means. Recording by means of audio-visual reproduction is referred to as the "synchronisation right".

Credits

yes i support it. But it their is a particular artiste that I like I will support them and go out and but their CD.

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado
    Yup! We've been supporting pirate promoters for so long so..
    Son this is a very serious topic

Credits
    nope! not @ all.

LSK
    Credits

We back here again???

Look. In no other industry is this condoned other than in entertainment. If a man re-produces a product already patented before the patent expires and tries to sell it or even give it away he is breaking the law and is sewed AND gets jail time. So why then is it acceptable in entertainment?

Credits
    The only non-legit soca CDs I have are some classic soca mixes, mostly of tunes that I wouldn't even know where to find otherwise.

Soca's the only music I support. Everything else gets DL'd.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    Son this is a very serious topic
    I'm been very serious we studying the fella who sell pirate cds for $5.oo dollars but the promoters who pirating artist on there flyers we doh say nothing about.So pirating soca music will continue cause if yuh not getting yuh moneys worth at a stage show ppl goh be like the hell I goh buy the pirate cd cause then least I get to hear all the chunes that I doh get to hear..Some radio stations just play some chunes in heavy rotationleaving out chunes u might want to hear..So what will u do as ah consumer?

Credits
    I'm been very serious we studying the fella who sell pirate cds for $5.oo dollars but the promoters who pirating artist on there flyers we doh say nothing about.So pirating soca music will continue cause if yuh not getting yuh moneys worth at a stage show ppl goh be like the hell I goh buy the pirate cd cause then least I get to hear all the chunes that I doh get to hear..Some radio stations just play some chunes in heavy rotationleaving out chunes u might want to hear..So what will u do as ah consumer?
    exactly there is really no winnin in this situation

Dragon
    Letís say you had a mango tree full of mangos and one day you came home and saw all of your mangos are gone .. come to find out I took them and sold it in the market and you did not see ah penny ... how would you feel about what i did ?

Credits
    I must confess I am a semi-pirate...semi meaning I have burned copies of music BUT I do support the artists and purchase the original music as well

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast