Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Lend Money To Friends?

Credits

Do You Lend Money To Friends?

I had a best-friend aged 20. We've been friends for about 7 years. She's not working at the time and down on her luck. I had no problem with lending her money, (she eventually did pay me back and put it to good use) but what irked me after a while she started using the money on her boyfriend who used it on his friends; instead of spending it on tuition or transport. (Her boyfriend doesn't work or go to school and he's 22). Then one night she made a comment about "I need more friends, I need people who can do me favors" Then she started lending her boyfriend her money to go to school, so he could go to the bar, while she stayed home and called me to complain that her boyfriend borrowed money, so she couldn't go to school... ... I don't mean to laugh, but damn...

Even though she owes $$$, it's not worth the hassle or the friendship. I'm cutting her off and calling that George. I've learned my lesson.

So, any of you had that problem before. Do you lend money to friends?

Credits
    I don't lend...I have given on occasion. They never asked either though. It was just something I felt would be beneficial to their situation. They felt bad, but were appreciative & did what they could to repay me even though I didn't expect it in the least.

Credits
    wellI dont lend money to friends... I give money to family memebers but nothing that I would expect back... u right for cutting her off let her stand on her own 2 feet
    GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Credits
    Yes...if you don't want to hear or see them again !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    I don't lend...I have given on occasion. They never asked either though. It was just something I felt would be beneficial to their situation. They felt bad, but were appreciative & did what they could to repay me even though I didn't expect it in the least.
    Maybe I should tell her to pm you...lol..but that's extremely nice of you.

Quote Originally Posted by carib_xtc View Post
    wellI dont lend money to friends... I give money to family memebers but nothing that I would expect back... u right for cutting her off let her stand on her own 2 feet
    Yeah, it's about time.

Taj
    Credits
    iI am confused

u talking about the same friend

she paid u back and put it to good use...wouldnt that suggest that she learned something and stopped giivng the bf money and instead used it for her to go to school?
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    shoot i could hardly lend my mother i would lend a friend. Thanks but no thanks. Doh mean to sound bad eh, lol....but some things u doh mix and friend and money tops the list.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    I would lend to my friends but these are my true friends and I know that once they're in need and I am in a position to help I will. Seems that it may not have been as strong a friendship if you can end it eventhough she has always paid you back in the past.

My grandmother also said that when you give ppl money you can't expect to tell them how to spend it so if she used it on food or to buy a new car for a man, you shouldn't stress yourself about it because you lent it to her in good faith and that is all that should matter to you. You already got your heaven points.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    iI am confused

u talking about the same friend

she paid u back and put it to good use...wouldnt that suggest that she learned something and stopped giivng the bf money and instead used it for her to go to school?
    No, hun the first few times I lent her she did, it's after a while she began "taking care" of him.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuCk Yu MoN View Post
    No, hun the first few times I lent her she did, it's after a while she began "taking care" of him.
    oh ok

well i always brokes so my friends SOL
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    I lend all the time but the problem I have is that I don't like to ask for my money back.

Credits

Cool

i have no problem lending money to my friends. once i have an i can afford to i will. with that said i have very few true true friends who have my back and who's back i have, they've lend me money in the past and i've lent them. i never look back for it, but always get it back.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    shoot i could hardly lend my mother i would lend a friend. Thanks but no thanks. Doh mean to sound bad eh, lol....but some things u doh mix and friend and money tops the list.
    @ bold.....but you aren't lying about that all......

Quote Originally Posted by trinidarkie View Post
    I would lend to my friends but these are my true friends and I know that once they're in need and I am in a position to help I will. Seems that it may not have been as strong a friendship if you can end it eventhough she has always paid you back in the past.

My grandmother also said that when you give ppl money you can't expect to tell them how to spend it so if she used it on food or to buy a new car for a man, you shouldn't stress yourself about it because you lent it to her in good faith and that is all that should matter to you. You already got your heaven points.
    Thanks for the input. Our friendship is like a rubberband, the more and more you stretch it, eventually it's going to give way.

It was never like I was telling her how to spend it. We were going to school together and she would tell me. She's backed on tuition or she needed books and I would lend her the money to pay it. Only to find out her boyfriend has new sneakers and cell phones and his friends belly full. While she's missing out.

It just sucked and I felt as if I was being played/getting used, but it's w/e now. She's free to find some fresh blood to suck on.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ice View Post
    i have no problem lending money to my friends. once i have an i can afford to i will. with that said i have very few true true friends who have my back and who's back i have, they've lend me money in the past and i've lent them. i never look back for it, but always get it back.
    Bingo.

Credits
    Give is spelled l-e-n-d. If a "friend" asks me to lend money and I have something to spare, I give them that something because I would hope they would do that for me if I was in their position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast