Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

  1. #1
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051

    Question djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

    i looking at the boss sampler sp 303


    any djs have a good knowledge of this sampler? or any others?

    im looking to spend around 300 for a small but handy machine..


    p.s. we need an electronics forum lol

  2. #2
    look meh! Socaboy's Avatar Socaboy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,249
    Credits
    1,016,929

    Re: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

    Originally posted by Dutty
    i looking at the boss sampler sp 303


    any djs have a good knowledge of this sampler? or any others?

    im looking to spend around 300 for a small but handy machine..


    p.s. we need an electronics forum lol
    Depends what you want the sampler for, but for that price, the Boss is a good buy. Most Djs use that to hold effects, and short drops, if that's your primary use for it, then it's great!

  3. #3
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051

    Thumbs up

    Yeah , to hold the effects....and short drops and there but also looking to play around , a lil beat making..the boss sp 505..i think is nice but out of price range....cause even if you get lucky and make a nice beat..you know that is quick dough

  4. #4
    Mad Scorpion
    Guest

    Re: Re: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

    Originally posted by Socaboy
    Most Djs use that to hold effects, and short drops, if that's your primary use for it, then it's great!
    Just what he said

  5. #5
    look meh! Socaboy's Avatar Socaboy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,249
    Credits
    1,016,929
    Originally posted by Dutty
    Yeah , to hold the effects....and short drops and there but also looking to play around , a lil beat making..the boss sp 505..i think is nice but out of price range....cause even if you get lucky and make a nice beat..you know that is quick dough

    yeah, the 303 is perfect for that then, but if you looking to make beats you can look into software for your PC that is in that price range, but alot more versatile. If you prefer the hands on approach, I would just save $$$ and aim for the Akai MPC 2000, does evertying samplers, and drum machines could do, and much more. With the Boss I believe you're only limited to what sounds come with the machine whereas with software and the MPC you can import endless sounds from any source.

  6. #6
    DJ Trixx
    Guest
    Originally posted by Socaboy
    yeah, the 303 is perfect for that then, but if you looking to make beats you can look into software for your PC that is in that price range, but alot more versatile. If you prefer the hands on approach, I would just save $$$ and aim for the Akai MPC 2000, does evertying samplers, and drum machines could do, and much more. With the Boss I believe you're only limited to what sounds come with the machine whereas with software and the MPC you can import endless sounds from any source.


    I agree with everything up to the 2000 part. You can be innovative and get urself a MPC 60 that still maintained the analog sound and upgrade it to the most current operating system.... after that you should invest in a goos SCSI hardrive and attach it to your CPU.....You just got yourself an entire production room for about $500.00



    Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •