Thread: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

Credits

Question djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

i looking at the boss sampler sp 303

any djs have a good knowledge of this sampler? or any others?

im looking to spend around 300 for a small but handy machine..

p.s. we need an electronics forum lol

Credits

Re: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

Originally posted by Dutty
    i looking at the boss sampler sp 303

any djs have a good knowledge of this sampler? or any others?

im looking to spend around 300 for a small but handy machine..

p.s. we need an electronics forum lol
    Depends what you want the sampler for, but for that price, the Boss is a good buy. Most Djs use that to hold effects, and short drops, if that's your primary use for it, then it's great!

Credits

Thumbs up

Yeah , to hold the effects....and short drops and there but also looking to play around , a lil beat making..the boss sp 505..i think is nice but out of price range....cause even if you get lucky and make a nice beat..you know that is quick dough

Mad Scorpion

Re: Re: djs who know their equipment....good sampler?

Originally posted by Socaboy
    Most Djs use that to hold effects, and short drops, if that's your primary use for it, then it's great!
    Just what he said

Credits
    Originally posted by Dutty
    Yeah , to hold the effects....and short drops and there but also looking to play around , a lil beat making..the boss sp 505..i think is nice but out of price range....cause even if you get lucky and make a nice beat..you know that is quick dough

yeah, the 303 is perfect for that then, but if you looking to make beats you can look into software for your PC that is in that price range, but alot more versatile. If you prefer the hands on approach, I would just save $$$ and aim for the Akai MPC 2000, does evertying samplers, and drum machines could do, and much more. With the Boss I believe you're only limited to what sounds come with the machine whereas with software and the MPC you can import endless sounds from any source.

DJ Trixx
    Originally posted by Socaboy
    yeah, the 303 is perfect for that then, but if you looking to make beats you can look into software for your PC that is in that price range, but alot more versatile. If you prefer the hands on approach, I would just save $$$ and aim for the Akai MPC 2000, does evertying samplers, and drum machines could do, and much more. With the Boss I believe you're only limited to what sounds come with the machine whereas with software and the MPC you can import endless sounds from any source.

I agree with everything up to the 2000 part. You can be innovative and get urself a MPC 60 that still maintained the analog sound and upgrade it to the most current operating system.... after that you should invest in a goos SCSI hardrive and attach it to your CPU.....You just got yourself an entire production room for about $500.00

Good luck.