Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ananci_7

Thread: Discussion: On Religion and Women

Credits

Discussion: On Religion and Women

In another forum there was provided a very interesting link to a short clip to a programme addressing the question of the un-historicity and historicity of the bible. While I was looking around for the entire programme I came across a link I believe is equally profound and very much relevant to us in the Caribbean - in my opinion much more so than in England and Europe itself - in light of emerging discussions of women in positions of leadership (and I do hope discussions that will include the way we view ideas and expectations of leadership, authority and power)

bktrini305 and Mrs. Campbell like this.
    Create your own university; develop and encourage a culture of critical thinking and action

Credits
    Good view, I enjoyed it.

What I found to be a common thread throughout the debate, people kept saying understand and read beyond the words. Which in turn someone replied "God should have been a lot clearer".

May come back later with my thoughts...
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Will watch it this weekend.
    Chen ki jap pa mde!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananci_7 View Post
    In another forum there was provided a very interesting link to a short clip to a programme addressing the question of the un-historicity and historicity of the bible. While I was looking around for the entire programme I came across a link I believe is equally profound and very much relevant to us in the Caribbean - in my opinion much more so than in England and Europe itself - in light of emerging discussions of women in positions of leadership (and I do hope discussions that will include the way we view ideas and expectations of leadership, authority and power)

While I would absolutely love to watch the entire video, could you give a summary until I do get that chance?

Credits
    Watched a good part of this. Will view the rest this evening.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan