Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know...

Credits

Did you know...

That homosexuality is illegal in Trinidad and other Caribbean islands? They talking about it on RedFM now. Here's the article they are referring to. What are your thoughts, should this law be enforced in Trinidad and how can it be enforced, do they get charged if they're caught in the act or of suspicion of being gay?

Gay and lesbian rights in Trinidad and Tobago

By Rhea-Simone Auguste

Saturday, November 8th 2008

Legal Issues

So what are their rights? At present, none. Homosexuality is actually illegal in Trinidad and Tobago as in much of the English-speaking Caribbean with more emphasis on homosexual men as Section 13 of the Sexual Offences Act 1986 criminalises "buggery" (sexual intercourse per anum by a male person with a male person or by a male person with a female person). This section, strengthened in 2000, states that a person guilty of committing buggery is liable on conviction to imprisonment.

And under Article 8 (18/1) of the Immigration Act, homosexual men and women are not even allowed to enter the country. However, these laws are not enforced.

Nicole believes that like the US, we should be working toward anti-discrimination laws to curb discriminatory employment practices such as bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, and various types of harassment.

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

Gladiator
    Val3netodebone if its illegal then it SHOULD have been forced, its pathetic that we should have to debate if an illegal law should be enforced..but yuh know in trini some laws are just there to have in print, the authorities dont care to enforce them..(another law that is not properly enforced is under age drinking)

Credits
    It illegal in SLU but some of de judges and lawyers dem self maybe bulling each oda

will dey spread ppl ass to see how wide de hole is?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Val3netodebone if its illegal then it SHOULD have been forced, its pathetic that we should have to debate if an illegal law should be enforced..but yuh know in trini some laws are just there to have in print, the authorities dont care to enforce them..(another law that is not properly enforced is under age drinking)
    My thing is HOW do they enforce it lol. I agree it should be enforced, but the authorities home are too damn lax when it comes to enforcing the law, instead they harrassing people with their tints on their cars and license plates

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    It illegal in SLU but some of de judges and lawyers dem self maybe bulling each oda

I hope not If they have to do that I doh blame them for not enforcing it

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    That homosexuality is illegal in Trinidad and other Caribbean islands? They talking about it on RedFM now. Here's the article they are referring to. What are your thoughts, should this law be enforced in Trinidad and how can it be enforced, do they get charged if they're caught in the act or of suspicion of being gay?

Gay and lesbian rights in Trinidad and Tobago

By Rhea-Simone Auguste

Saturday, November 8th 2008

Legal Issues

So what are their rights? At present, none. Homosexuality is actually illegal in Trinidad and Tobago as in much of the English-speaking Caribbean with more emphasis on homosexual men as Section 13 of the Sexual Offences Act 1986 criminalises "buggery" (sexual intercourse per anum by a male person with a male person or by a male person with a female person). This section, strengthened in 2000, states that a person guilty of committing buggery is liable on conviction to imprisonment.

And under Article 8 (18/1) of the Immigration Act, homosexual men and women are not even allowed to enter the country. However, these laws are not enforced.

Nicole believes that like the US, we should be working toward anti-discrimination laws to curb discriminatory employment practices such as bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation, and various types of harassment.

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business
    umm yea long time they all know that thats why they don't bull by any lovers' lane areas

wasnt there a ja article about that? and men being fraid to even do it in their house cos po po could bust in?

I don't really see them changing the law anytime soon.

What do I think? hmmmmm
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    My thing is HOW do they enforce it lol. I agree it should be enforced, but the authorities home are too damn lax when it comes to enforcing the law, instead they harrassing people with their tints on their cars and license plates
    I eh blame dem..... Spreadin ppl stinkin ass to seer if dey bullin?
    I hope not If they have to do that I doh blame them for not enforcing it
    i really doh know how de fuk dey does put some laws on de books.

Credits

And no.. I did not know this...since its pretty apparent all over the caribbean. They would be shutting people down at the airport if it was that serious.

Credits
    Unless they peepin in people window, they not gonna enforce it. Besides that would take away time from po po spending time with d outside woman.

Credits
    The law is stupid and shouldn't even be on the books.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    umm yea long time they all know that thats why they don't bull by any lovers' lane areas

wasnt there a ja article about that? and men being fraid to even do it in their house cos po po could bust in?

I don't really see them changing the law anytime soon.

What do I think? hmmmmm
    lmao...how u know they doh bull in lover's lane areas?

isnt bullin in public against the law regardless? And that doh stop nuff people.

I think it maes no diff. Like many other laws we have there is no enforcement....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    The law is stupid and shouldn't even be on the books.
    I agree.
    Trinidad Posse!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by southern chic View Post
    I agree.
    it's illegal in Dominica.... you if caught the culprits get aressted and charged for buggery.... not sure what the jail time is.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    I posted this before when someone was attacking JA for having anti-buggery laws. As if ah we one.

kissteet

CocoErotika

LOL

I thought it had to do with public displays.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast