Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Defense of Black Women!

MJ7
    Credits

Thumbs up In Defense of Black Women!

Please...STOP THE MADNESS! Why is it open season...AGAIN on Black women? Are we responsible for every lame ass, weak, humorless, unforgiving mama's boy who is still mad at the girl who told him he was ugly in 6th grade?

I mean really....

This morning I was listening to Russ Parr and he was reading a blog from this guy who is constantly e-mailing his show. Apparently, the guy was lambasting Black women and implied that the reason so many are single is because...according to him: "Black women have A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E-S and this is the reason why so many can't get a man."

Let me tell this man and men like him something: First of all, I'm not anyone's mother. If you want me to cook, clean, entertain, love and respect you; baby, you better have you 'ish together. Those privileges--not rights mind you, must be earned.

Whenever I hear a Black man make the charge of Black women having attitudes or being "difficult" typically, it's coming from a man who refuses to grow up, take responsibility for his actions and stop blaming the world for his f*cked up dating choices. Did I just say that? Let me go even further. Karma is a B*tch. What goes around comes around. Common sense dictates that if a person keeps attracting negative women--something deep within him is attracting that energy. Like attracts>LIKE. The Law of Attraction is real.

Black women are graduating from college at record rates, opening up businesses, leading their communities and forging ahead, despite the obstacles many have to overcome. We are natural overachievers.

Yes, there are women who need to be reprimanded for their bad behavior and choices, but I will not listen any further to Black men who feel the need to disparage the very women who have protected them from a world, and white people who want to destroy them, and in light of our differences, still love them and desire to be with them.

Black women are not perfect, but we are not the daughters of Hitler either.

My advice to Black men who seem to think it's their job to chastise every Black woman in the world for their bad dispositions and other personal bullshit: Stop blaming Black women and look in the mirror!
    Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Credits
    Go ahead mi Gal, seems you have learnt a lot from that Ja Man.

Credits
    I mean i see what you're saying but you can't deny that there are lots of black women who give the decent, hardworking ones a very bad name...

Sometimes there is a notion by some women that having "your own" means you have to present a hardened and course exterior to the world and let people know (at every given opportunity) that you don't "take shit from nobody".... when in reality that "hardness" can be a turn off in itself... being accomplished doesn't have to coincide with losing feminity .. being competitive in a man's world doesn't mean you have to morph into a dude with female genitalia... I see it all the time...some women simply don't know how to be ladies..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    I mean i see what you're saying but you can't deny that there are lots of black women who give the decent, hardworking ones a very bad name...

Sometimes there is a notion by some women that having "your own" means you have to present a hardened and course exterior to the world and let people know (at every given opportunity) that you don't "take shit from nobody".... when in reality that "hardness" can be a turn off in itself... being accomplished doesn't have to coincide with losing feminity .. being competitive in a man's world doesn't mean you have to morph into a dude with female genitalia... I see it all the time...some women simply don't know how to be ladies..
    yep. it's funny you say this. i come from a long line of "independent" (this term annoys me a lil) women who are used to being the heads of the household. not to say the men didnt do their part but it seemed that the women made all the ultimate decisions. my mother (i will use her as an example) just doesnt know how to let a man be a man and this problem can attribute to many of the divorces and fatherless children we have now. some men get complacent and just let the woman take control, to avoid all important decision making and responsibility. but there are many men who are completely turned off by this.

some might not see it as a big deal but honestly, the more these women feel like they need to be the way they are pushing the Black men away. now of course some of these women are only following what was taught to them by previous generations or they may have suffered the absence of a father figure in their life, but at some point i think they have to learn to let go control and just let a man be a man.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    yep. it\'s funny you say this. i come from a long line of \"independent\" (this term annoys me a lil) women who are used to being the heads of the household. not to say the men didnt do their part but it seemed that the women made all the ultimate decisions. my mother (i will use her as an example) just dont know how to let a man be a man and this problem can attribute to many of the divorces and fatherless children we have now. some might not see it as a big deal but honestly, the more these women feel like they need to be the way they are pushing the Black men away. now of course some of these women are only following what was taught to them by previous generations or they may have suffered the absence of a father figure in their life, but at some point i think they have to learn to let go control and just let a man be a man.
    and what are you doing to break the cycle that so many generations have gone through?

Credits
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    There is noting wrong with most black women . But there are few WE MEN cant deal with . The ones who act ghetto , gold diggers , whores and no ambition .

Recently I was reading how dating or having sex with an older man is nasty . They want young boy . Here is the problem young boys donít want a black woman who is not taking care of her body . 70% of black women are not in shape and donít care how they look

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    what you watchin?

Credits
    ^^WW4 looking to break out...

Long Live the Queen!

MJ7
    Credits

Cool You have a skewed view...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post

Lady, there is a reason for those attitudes. Indulge me please...

First of all, Black women are a double minority in a world that says that if you're not white or particularly a white male--you have no value. Black women also have the dueling responsibility of raising sons that historically and currently, are viewed as "threats." Black men have been lynched and imprisoned, just for being Black. And then there are the daily obstacles of life that must be handled.

There are a lot of single Black mothers who have to play duel roles because of this. Black women have to be tough. We don't cry easy because our strength is what keeps us from losing our minds. Black women hate weakness and that hardness is armor.

Men abuse women and society will also if you're not tough enough to handle the daily blows of reality.

White women have a trend of bragging to their girlfriends about all of the medication they take to control their nerves. Xanax, Dimorol, Vicadin to name a few. White America loves being crazy. It's funny to them to be psychologically incapable of handling stress.

Our source of strength typically comes from above but also, we are not afraid to confront the source of our aggravation if need be.

This is the way it is for people that can't use their skin color as a buffer of protection.

And sometimes...people have to be tougher simply because they have tougher battles to fight in life.

Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Credits
    ^^WW4 looking to break out...
    ha... it won't. is that kettle corn tho? ah hungry

Links30
    Oh, this thread is so going to get my response when ah finish fixin up meh house.

Brb.

Credits
    chupes....

i not gunna read all that shit.... dont nobody wannna be with no black woman

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    ha... it won't. is that kettle corn tho? ah hungry
    That's the only kind for me. Have some, but bring something to drink.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    That's the only kind for me. Have some, but bring something to drink.
    red solo on me

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast