Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The death of a parent

Registered User blackamericanprincss's Avatar blackamericanprincss is offline
    Credits

The death of a parent

Has anyone on the board ever experienced the death of a parent? If so, how was the situation handled?

Right now, it's a reality that I probably will have to deal with soon. My father became deathly ill last night and now has full blown liver failure; the outcome does not look very well. Now, we're facing the decision whether or not to keep him on a breathing machine or not. It's really difficult to have to think about making plans with only me and my mother, since we're having a hard time as it is.

The really weird thing is this dream I had a couple of nights back where of all places, I was standing in this very old crypt. While I was standing there, a very ominous, dark, winged creature flapped toward me and dropped a scroll of sorts in front of me. Although I don't really remember what the message said, I remember I was afraid when I read it. The creature was there in the entire dream and it scared the crap out of me since it wasn't like any creature I had ever seen, it was almost shelled with wings like an insect or something like that. I couldn't figure out why I would have a dream like that, but I'm beginning to wonder if that was some kind of manifestation of "death" that I saw in the dream.

Credits
    well dahlin...sorry to hear about ur dad......just pray for the strength ...this is life and so all of us will have our date....so be positive and stay strong for each other ( u and ur mom, dad )

Credits
    sorry to hear that
    I wish your family the best

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by blackamericanprincss View Post
    Has anyone on the board ever experienced the death of a parent? If so, how was the situation handled?

Right now, it's a reality that I probably will have to deal with soon. My father became deathly ill last night and now has full blown liver failure; the outcome does not look very well. Now, we're facing the decision whether or not to keep him on a breathing machine or not. It's really difficult to have to think about making plans with only me and my mother, since we're having a hard time as it is.

The really weird thing is this dream I had a couple of nights back where of all places, I was standing in this very old crypt. While I was standing there, a very ominous, dark, winged creature flapped toward me and dropped a scroll of sorts in front of me. Although I don't really remember what the message said, I remember I was afraid when I read it. The creature was there in the entire dream and it scared the crap out of me since it wasn't like any creature I had ever seen, it was almost shelled with wings like an insect or something like that. I couldn't figure out why I would have a dream like that, but I'm beginning to wonder if that was some kind of manifestation of "death" that I saw in the dream.
    I am very sorry to hear about your dad's condition. I cannot say I have ever lost a parent, but I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Stay strong.

Credits
    Sorry about your dad.
    I experienced my mom's passing, it is a very difficult thing to go through. It is actually the hardest thing that I went through as my mom and I were best friends.

Credits
    dam sorry this is happening to you

did it he just get sick out the blue

or was this an ongoing thing

Credits
    Sad to hear about your father, but the father above will give you strength if you ask!

Credits
    Sorry to hear about your dad babes...I pray comfort and guidance for your family.

Credits

this happened to him all of a sudden or was there a prior condition that led to the liver failure???

God bless you and your family. Stay Strong!

Registered User blackamericanprincss's Avatar blackamericanprincss is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    well dahlin...sorry to hear about ur dad......just pray for the strength ...this is life and so all of us will have our date....so be positive and stay strong for each other ( u and ur mom, dad )
    True. It's just that my mother is taking it as more of a guilt trip kind of thing, like what "could" have been done in the past and I can't seem to convince her to not think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey View Post
    dam sorry this is happening to you

did it he just get sick out the blue

or was this an ongoing thing
    It has been a gradual sort of deterioration of health, but it has never been as bad as last night. We were under the impression that he could make it out of it and that he wasn't as bad off as he really was until just last night, which makes the whole thing a bit surreal.

Credits
    awwww, sorry to hear about your dad, I have not lost a parent, but lost 2 brothers...but

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And, we mourn not like peopl without a hope and a future
    Translation: we know where he's going.

Credits
    try and balance your decision between your suffering and his

Credits
    wow. i'm very sorry to hear about this. i'll keep your family in my prayers.

Credits
    Its probably harder as you get older to lose a parent. I was 11 when my mom died and 20 when my dad died...whom i didn't know..its still hard though...because these are the ppl that gave me life...

I've recently saw video tapes of my father..its so hard....i can only imagine what its like to feel that as you get older..its a lot harder...My prayers go out to you.

Credits

Wow. Really sorry to hear about the situation. Whatever happens stay strong.

My father died when I was only seven. He was robbed at gun point and died because he would not give the gun men the keys to the house (he threw them on the roof). Even though I was seven I still remember him (my brother was 5 and only vaguely remembers him). So be thankful for the time that you had with your father already. I always wonder if my life or even I myself would be different if my father was still alive... but my mother says that both I and my brother are exactly like him in so many ways that she doesn't think we would grow up to be any different.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast