Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dear Mr.President

Credits

Dear Mr.President

I dont have a problem with you selling out in certain instances, because lets face it; thats politics. But when you start disrespecting my people, black people, that is when I lost a good deal of respect for you. Why must you compare gay rights with civil rights, after placing your hands on MLK`s bible, why say a thing like that in your inauguration speech? I am not homophobic and believe everyone should be free to do as they please as long as they dont hurt others, however gay rights on no level can be compared to black civil rights. Last time I checked Mr.President, gays were never specifically targeted and forced into slavery for hundreds of years. As a Christian man yourself, I understand you are taught to respect everyone, but at the same time we must know when to draw the line. when Trayvon Martin was shot in cold blood, why did you not call this a racist act? Our people are struggling sir, and with all do respect if you were just another n***** in the system working from pay check to pay check and suddenly saw gay rights starting to take priority over our rights, I wonder how you would feel.

Sincerely,

tha biz.

Credits
    197,292,866,388,999,999,818,295,870,602,935,687,472,364,398, 106,721,251,075,546,939,392
    How dear you talk about the man who walk on water like that, this god blessed man has done a lot for us. He saved us from the mess BUSH created and stop the republican party of NO.

BTW - here is 50K for your great post

Credits
    thanks for the credits..but as the years go on i think black people will start to see through him...he really inspired us; but we want to see some physical changes

Credits
    Goes to check the welcome forum section to see when Obama joined Islandmix.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Didn't see him in there, wait maybe he is a peeper.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Biz View Post
    I dont have a problem with you selling out in certain instances, because lets face it; thats politics. But when you start disrespecting my people, black people, that is when I lost a good deal of respect for you. Why must you compare gay rights with civil rights, after placing your hands on MLK`s bible, why say a thing like that in your inauguration speech? I am not homophobic and believe everyone should be free to do as they please as long as they dont hurt others, however gay rights on no level can be compared to black civil rights. Last time I checked Mr.President, gays were never specifically targeted and forced into slavery for hundreds of years. As a Christian man yourself, I understand you are taught to respect everyone, but at the same time we must know when to draw the line. when Trayvon Martin was shot in cold blood, why did you not call this a racist act? Our people are struggling sir, and with all do respect if you were just another n***** in the system working from pay check to pay check and suddenly saw gay rights starting to take priority over our rights, I wonder how you would feel.

Sincerely,

tha biz.
    SMH

I SUGGEST that you go and READ his SPEECH one more TIME.

Credits
    thanks for the credits..but as the years go on i think black people will start to see through him...he really inspired us; but we want to see some physical changes
    The waking up has been going on for the past 2-3 years of his term. Just ask Cornell and Tavis.

Must understand, just cause the man is Black, doesnt mean that he couldn't be bought into the same bullshyt the other presidents were/are known for. At least the man tried to do the right thing for a year and that was it.
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by rayt2009 View Post
    The waking up has been going on for the past 2-3 years of his term. Just ask Cornell and Tavis.

Must understand, just cause the man is Black, doesnt mean that he couldn't be bought into the same bullshyt the other presidents were/are known for. At least the man tried to do the right thing for a year and that was it.
    ok i really dont have a problem with him being super politically correct and afraid to do certain things, but when he start straight up dissing black people thats a problem

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    SMH

I SUGGEST that you go and READ his SPEECH one more TIME.
    you want the transcript

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    How dear you talk about the man who walk on water like that, this god blessed man has done a lot for us. He saved us from the mess BUSH created and stop the republican party of NO.

BTW - here is 50K for your great post
    Dare
    Collie4Nyah likes this.

Credits
    I'm still trying to figure out, why/what exactly was the significance
    Of using Dr. King Bible???

Racism was his biggest fight. Obama has not yet addressed these issue that still exist today.

And to speak up for 'Gay Rights' and not address the racism in this country, is rather discouraging.

But hey, dogs have more rights than people in the US.
    Go figure.

#notcallhomosanimals.
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    197,292,866,388,999,999,818,295,870,602,935,687,472,364,398, 106,721,251,075,546,939,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Audree View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out, why/what exactly was the significance
    Of using Dr. King Bible???

Racism was his biggest fight. Obama has not yet addressed these issue that still exist today.

And to speak up for 'Gay Rights' and not address the racism in this country, is rather discouraging.

But hey, dogs have more rights than people in the US.
    Go figure.

#notcallhomosanimals.
    As a Lesbian American I am deeply offended by your comments

Credits
    Black Americans are their own worst enemies.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    True George, but many West Indians that come to the US pretty much fall into that same category, if not worse.
    IslandmixUSA likes this.
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

Sincerely,

tha biz.

In a nutshell, Obama is a strategic opportunist. He does whatever he needs to "at the time". It doesn't reflect what he really feels; just what is politically correct.

Although I voted for him--both times, I just can't see myself approving of many of the things he's been doing. For example; all of his appointments lately have been to white males. Seriously; he can't find minorities, particularly African Americans, that have the qualifications for these very powerful postions: CIA director, Secretary of State, et al.?

Bill Clinton hired more Black people...the irony.

But lest I forget; he doesn't want to be known as The Black President of The United States.

I digress...
    Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast