Thread: De Mighty Gabby

Credits

De Mighty Gabby

Bajans or soca lovers in general what allyuh think about his jeers towards fellow bajan singer kid site for his rendition song for de monarch title?

Credits
    what was it again?..did gabby insult kid site family or something like that?

Credits
    Originally posted by RupeeGyrl
    what was it again?..did gabby insult kid site family or something like that?
    from what i read he brought up personal past issues about kidsite's family of how his father was hung in b'dos for murdering his wife or something of that sort....
    he damn outta place n bol' face. that is blow below the belt.

Credits
    gabby real outta place in trut! gabby apologize fuh dat?

Credits
    gabby real outta place in trut! gabby apologize fuh dat?
    he refused at first, then after hard press jammin em from de bajan newspapers, he publicly apologized. he first say he eh goin tuh apologize now after dey jam em n buff em up n ting de ppl geh to em. i read dis in de nation n advocate i tink mon. buh ah juss read an article in de trinidad express

Credits
    gabby want cuffin in he gut...how he get so?...it should not have taken the press and media to have him apologize.

Originally posted by deoriginalrudeboy
    he refused at first, then after hard press jammin em from de bajan newspapers, he publicly apologized. he first say he eh goin tuh apologize now after dey jam em n buff em up n ting de ppl geh to em. i read dis in de nation n advocate i tink mon. buh ah juss read an article in de trinidad express

Credits
    Bajan calypsonian Gabby apologises for ‘low blow’
    By Terry Joseph

A major row among Bajan calypso lovers has been averted as singers square off for next weekend’s Pic-O-de-Crop, the annual national contest for kaiso supremacy and an integral part of the island’s Crop Over Carnival.

Controversy erupted last Thursday when Gabby performed a calypso in which he reminded fellow contender Kid Site of a bitter domestic experience, in which the latter’s father was hanged for the gruesome murder of his (the father’s) wife.

Seven-time Bajan monarch Gabby at first refused to apologise but had a change of heart Monday did so, asking Kid Site and his family to accept his apology after mounting public pressure described his calypso attack as a low blow. During a press conference, Gabby apologised to Kid Site, his family, fans and sponsors for the “unfortunate indiscretion.” According to Gabby, he had considered his actions and was now “acutely aware of the deep hurt” he had caused.

“I recognise that the incident of which I made mention on the occasion is something over which Kid Site had absolutely no control, and for which he was therefore in no way responsible. The unfortunate incident should not in any way be a blemish on his character.

“I am therefore categorically and unreservedly apologising to him and his family, with the hope that we can put it permanently behind us and go into the future as the good friends we have always been,” Gabby said.

Kid Site, who was described by All Stars manager Vere Browne as a man with a tremendously big heart, accepted Gabby’s apology “in the spirit it is offered” and said there was something to be learnt from the incident.

“While we often engage in extempo with each other or at one another’s expense, we should not take it to this level that has a detrimental effect on long-standing relationships; and there are other innocent parties who do not deserve such treatment,” the Bacchanal Time Tent singer said.

Both parties said they would steer clear of referring to each other on stage for the rest of the season, but did not promise the same to any other artiste, with Gabby publicly committing “to uphold only the highest standards of artistic behaviour in the future.”

Gabby, who won his first national title in Barbados in 1968 and has more than 700 songs to his credit. In 1979 he won Barbados’ first ever Crop Over Road March with a song called “Burn Mr. Harding”.

Credits
    well, well, well

Credits
    there are certain lines you just cant cross...
    *post jack this topic for a minute*
    what other songs rupee have out... he ha any road march contenders
    *end post jack*

Credits
    there are certain lines you just cant cross...
    *post jack this topic for a minute*
    what other songs rupee have out... he ha any road march contenders
    *end post jack*
    i know, gabby feel he shite' doan stink
    *post jack for a second to answer drudeboy*
    he got a song that sound something like uh oh, uh oh, it's carnival again; uh oh, uh oh, it's festival again
    not sure of the title though
    *post jack done*

Credits
    i know, gabby feel he shite' doan stink
    *post jack for a second to answer drudeboy*
    he got a song that sound something like uh oh, uh oh, it's carnival again; uh oh, uh oh, it's festival again
    not sure of the title though
    *post jack done*
    yuh mean he slow song festival again or is another song?

Credits
    yuh mean he slow song festival again or is another song?
    no, its another one....a faster pace one.

Credits
    no, its another one....a faster pace one.
    well ah waiting tuh hear that. ah find it funny dat he doh do so much fetin in bdos for cropover n he flies to n fro every other day n he always talking bout cropover buh he in tnt fuh carnival nearly two months straight. not that ah complainin buh ah juss find it strange

Credits
    well ah waiting tuh hear that. ah find it funny dat he doh do so much fetin in bdos for cropover n he flies to n fro every other day n he always talking bout cropover buh he in tnt fuh carnival nearly two months straight. not that ah complainin buh ah juss find it strange
    well i hear that too and i find it strange as well....a lot of people were saying that last year, bout how he does be supporting other carnivals more than his own...but, when he is island hopping or coming up to the states or canada or whatever, he always represents for barbados and the cropover festival.