Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

  1. #1
    Sprang sprang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MARYLAND, USA
    Posts
    689
    Credits
    1,501,305

    DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    To my IMIX family..It saddens me to report this to you.
    Fayann & Naya came to perform here last Friday and guess how many people showed up ? Not even 75 people came to show their support...If we don't support our own culture. who will ?

    Nuff respect to all the New York massive who show the love of their culture every weekend...Is there anyway I can borrow some of allyuh and pay back tomorrow ?

  2. #2
    Hellooo doubledimps's Avatar doubledimps is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    md/dc
    Posts
    4,256
    Credits
    1,507,003
    Sprang u on a role today................

  3. #3
    $ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    brooklyn usa
    Posts
    10,422
    Credits
    1,044,736
    SAD SAD THING!
    "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED
    TOO ANNOINTED TO BE DISAPPOINTED"

  4. #4
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    Hey lemme tell you that's not bad, I went to a performance in Nazareth Hall one Christmas season for Krosfyah and a few artist, and I mean I can count and still remember the faces of the audience... But can I tell you the fact that these people came made it sweet, because we had a time. AND we also had the floor to ourselves!

  5. #5
    Sprang sprang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MARYLAND, USA
    Posts
    689
    Credits
    1,501,305
    Originally posted by doubledimps
    Sprang u on a role today................
    I think it's roll ...And did you represent ? Can't remember seeing you there ?

  6. #6
    Hellooo doubledimps's Avatar doubledimps is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    md/dc
    Posts
    4,256
    Credits
    1,507,003
    Originally posted by sprang
    I think it's roll ...And did you represent ? Can't remember seeing you there ?
    lol.. thanks for the correction... but no i did not represent.. but i thought about it and i drove pass.. but when i saw no cars out front and this was after 1 am.. y would a spend 25 bucks to come in... and then militant didn't even show.....hmmmmmmmmm
    but dont get me wrong..... i always support our soca artists and dj's in dc...........but i already posted about tht in the fete section.... so i'm not going into details again.....

  7. #7
    Blessed ILanDFnTsY's Avatar ILanDFnTsY is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    The Road Less Traveled
    Posts
    13,361
    Credits
    1,088,474

    Re: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    Originally posted by sprang
    To my IMIX family..It saddens me to report this to you.
    Fayann & Naya came to perform here last Friday and guess how many people showed up ? Not even 75 people came to show their support...If we don't support our own culture. who will ?

    Nuff respect to all the New York massive who show the love of their culture every weekend...Is there anyway I can borrow some of allyuh and pay back tomorrow ?
    That is a shame...b/c she coulda stay on the boat with us and enjoy herself.

  8. #8
    Dragon
    Guest
    Sprang itís not happening in DC/MD alone. Since de economy is down most people donít have the money to spend. Plus everyone who has ah few dollars in their pocket want to be ah promoter and that is diluting de market. Right now Bklyn has about 5 to 6 soca parties ah weekend

  9. #9
    Sprang sprang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MARYLAND, USA
    Posts
    689
    Credits
    1,501,305

    Re: Re: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    Originally posted by Ilandfntsy
    That is a shame...b/c she coulda stay on the boat with us and enjoy herself.
    She got paid ....but I give both of dem nuff props because they performed for an hour(Militant didn't show)...Fayann has only 3 songs total and Naya 3 as well...They never rehearsed with the band and gave the 75 people their money's worth...

  10. #10
    Bes' Wife Status OilInDeCoil's Avatar OilInDeCoil is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    I'm wid the band
    Posts
    3,032
    Credits
    1,058,153
    That's a damn shame....BIG UP to The DC promoter (thanks for the follow up...we'll stay in touch) for being a true class act. Neither one of us was in an easy position this Friday, yet he bust his behind to bring a quality show to Maryland.

    FIRE PON ALL FETE GOERS IN THE DC/MARYLAND AREA FOR NOT SHOWING YUH SUPPORT....PEOPLE PRACTICALLY TURNED CARTWHEELS TO MAKE SURE ALLYUH GET WHAT WAS PROMISED AND THIS IS THE OUTCOME


    Mr. D-
    Stay the way you are (thanks again)...may your vision/efforts someday net it's due rewards....RESPECT

  11. #11
    Head Gone! trinipetty's Avatar trinipetty is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    DC/MD Area
    Posts
    1,862
    Credits
    1,006,136

    Re: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    Originally posted by sprang
    To my IMIX family..It saddens me to report this to you.
    Fayann & Naya came to perform here last Friday and guess how many people showed up ? Not even 75 people came to show their support...If we don't support our own culture. who will ?

    Nuff respect to all the New York massive who show the love of their culture every weekend...Is there anyway I can borrow some of allyuh and pay back tomorrow ?
    I am not ashamed...Why would I go to a show when I see de same artist advertised to be in a fete in NY de same night?

    Secondly, I had to graduate the next morning and look good (not tired and worn out) walking across de stage..

    JUST TO CLEAR MEH NAME...MR. SPRANG

  12. #12
    Sprang sprang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MARYLAND, USA
    Posts
    689
    Credits
    1,501,305
    Originally posted by DRAGON
    Sprang itís not happening in DC/MD alone. Since de economy is down most people donít have the money to spend. Plus everyone who has ah few dollars in their pocket want to be ah promoter and that is diluting de market. Right now Bklyn has about 5 to 6 soca parties ah weekend
    I understand about the economy Uncle Dragon but why is every reggae show rammed to capacity ? We have to support what is ours...I don't care about the DJ parties...When our soca performers come to any city..They should be given the respect they deserve. These people could have chosen another profession but they have decided to be ambassadors of OUR music...
    But I bet all these DC/MD people will come to New York,Atlanta,Miami and pay to see the same artists.... So sad...

  13. #13
    Hellooo doubledimps's Avatar doubledimps is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    md/dc
    Posts
    4,256
    Credits
    1,507,003
    Originally posted by OilInDeCoil
    That's a damn shame....BIG UP to The DC promoter (thanks for the follow up...we'll stay in touch) for being a true class act. Neither one of us was in an easy position this Friday, yet he bust his behind to bring a quality show to Maryland.

    FIRE PON ALL FETE GOERS IN THE DC/MARYLAND AREA FOR NOT SHOWING YUH SUPPORT....PEOPLE PRACTICALLY TURNED CARTWHEELS TO MAKE SURE ALLYUH GET WHAT WAS PROMISED AND THIS IS THE OUTCOME


    Mr. D-
    Stay the way you are (thanks again)...may your vision/efforts someday net it's due rewards....RESPECT


    its not like we dont want to represent... just like trinipetty said, y go to a show when u see the artist double booked and especially if they booked for ny... i was very surprised to know tht fayann showed up ... its not like dc does support anyway... so when they see tht, u know no one is going to show up and support anything......

    and we still didn't get wht was promised.. militant didnt show up...... so tht's not giving dc people any motivation to want to come out either......

  14. #14
    Bes' Wife Status OilInDeCoil's Avatar OilInDeCoil is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    I'm wid the band
    Posts
    3,032
    Credits
    1,058,153

    Re: Re: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    Originally posted by trinipetty
    I am not ashamed...Why would I go to a show when I see de same artist advertised to be in a fete in NY de same night?

    Secondly, I had to graduate the next morning and look good (not tired and worn out) walking across de stage..

    JUST TO CLEAR MEH NAME...MR. SPRANG

    Fete...nope, boatride yes.

    When 2 people come together and have respect for their PATRONS...NYC to DC ent far!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Sprang sprang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MARYLAND, USA
    Posts
    689
    Credits
    1,501,305

    Re: Re: DC/MD People should be ashamed !!!

    Originally posted by trinipetty
    I am not ashamed...Why would I go to a show when I see de same artist advertised to be in a fete in NY de same night?

    Secondly, I had to graduate the next morning and look good (not tired and worn out) walking across de stage..

    JUST TO CLEAR MEH NAME...MR. SPRANG
    You are the exception but I know the thousands of so called soca luvin people didn't graduate with you on Saturday...(Congratulations on yuh graduation but I breathin' fire today)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •