Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Currycrab

  1. #1
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086

    Currycrab

    Do you consider Nuyoricans real Puerto Ricans?

  2. #2
    sharkie
    Guest
    i'm pretty sure he's said no to that in other threads.

  3. #3
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    The man has said "no" multiple times.

  4. #4
    Registered User Curry Crab n Dumplin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,216
    Credits
    1,310,585
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    i'm pretty sure he's said no to that in other threads.
    people free to identify as they feel...it is only my opinion that if you are going to claim to be from somewhere, call me crazy...but I think you have to actually be from there. As far as being proud of your heritage...I'm all for that. Imagine someone born in Idaho claiming to be a New Yorker cause one of his great grandparents was from Brooklyn...it just doesnt work that way...but hey...if a dog feel he a cyat, let him meow I guess.

  5. #5
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Curry Crab n Dumplin View Post
    people free to identify as they feel...it is only my opinion that if you are going to claim to be from somewhere, call me crazy...but I think you have to actually be from there. As far as being proud of your heritage...I'm all for that. Imagine someone born in Idaho claiming to be a New Yorker cause one of his great grandparents was from Brooklyn...it just doesnt work that way...but hey...if a dog feel he a cyat, let him meow I guess.


    so Jlo isn't PR?

  6. #6
    Registered User Curry Crab n Dumplin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,216
    Credits
    1,310,585
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    so Jlo isn't PR?
    do you believe she is?

  7. #7
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Curry Crab n Dumplin View Post
    do you believe she is?
    Yes

    If she wasn't, Puerto Ricans wouldn't claim her. Instead, they would've tried to distance themselves from her. They can't have it both ways.

  8. #8
    Registered User TheEducator's Avatar TheEducator is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    3,919
    Credits
    12,206,492
    I'm with curry crab on this. If you weren't raised in a country you aren't from there period.

  9. #9
    Registered User TheEducator's Avatar TheEducator is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    3,919
    Credits
    12,206,492
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    so Jlo isn't PR?
    She was born and raised in New York. So no, she isn't.

  10. #10
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEducator View Post
    I'm with curry crab on this. If you weren't raised in a country you aren't from there period.
    JLo has never claimed to be from Puerto Rico...lol.
    mz_JazE likes this.

  11. #11
    Ganjalero Collie4Nyah's Avatar Collie4Nyah is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WESTSIDE
    Posts
    5,380
    Credits
    25,982,304

    Question

    Why are celebrities always used as examples?
    Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.


  12. #12
    Registered User Curry Crab n Dumplin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,216
    Credits
    1,310,585
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Yes

    If she wasn't, Puerto Ricans wouldn't claim her. Instead, they would've tried to distance themselves from her. They can't have it both ways.
    speak for yourself buddy...I've never claimed her. Only reason some people claim her is cause she a celebrity. People claim things out of convenience all the time...doesnt make it correct...In that case Sean Kingstons is just as Jamaican as Aidonia...besides...jlo always mention how she a new yorker who has boricua parents...at least she recognize where she from while embracing her heritage
    Last edited by Curry Crab n Dumplin; 03-08-2012 at 03:14 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Curry Crab n Dumplin View Post
    speak for yourself buddy...I've never claimed her. Only reason some people claim her is cause she a celebrity. People claim things out of convenience all the time...doesnt make it correct...In that case Sean Kingstons is just as Jamaican as Aidonia...
    He is Jamaican.

    Although he wasn't born there, he spent some of his good years in Jamaica.

  14. #14
    Registered User TheEducator's Avatar TheEducator is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    3,919
    Credits
    12,206,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie4Nyah View Post
    Why are celebrities always used as examples?
    Because they are well known. That s*** is obvious.

  15. #15
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Currycrab, there are Nuyoricans who speak poor English. I've met a girl who was born in the Bronx but English was her second language.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •