Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Cuban Justice....

  1. #1
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780

    Thumbs down Cuban Justice....

    Some need to overthrow that that old fool Castro....


    http://www.thedominican.net/articles/cubaone.htm
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  2. #2
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    i want to find out more about this story...any other sources w/info on it?

    does justice really exist?? ......here in the US? isn't it here that amado diallo was shot by police officers 41 times and not one of them is serving time?

  3. #3
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780
    Originally posted by soca junkie
    i want to find out more about this story...any other sources w/info on it?

    does justice really exist?? ......here in the US? isn't it here that amado diallo was shot by police officers 41 times and not one of them is serving time?
    Keep checking on that site www.thedomincan.net or contact

    E-mail:editor@thedominican.net


    At least with the incident you mentioned above, we can attribute that to racism.
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  4. #4
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    Steupssss Long prison sentences for growing/cultivating/selling marijuana?

    I guess someone hadda overthrow that old fool George W. Bush too.


  5. #5
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    Keep checking on that site www.thedomincan.net or contact

    E-mail:editor@thedominican.net


    At least with the incident you mentioned above, we can attribute that to racism.
    nah, i'd like a different source...depending on the source, the same story usually told two very different ways...you know?

    racism or not, bottom line is still injustice though

  6. #6
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    while from the same site, this article tells the story a bit differently

    http://www.thedominican.net/articles/cuba.htm

    i think the minute i see the words "united" and "states" in anything to do with Cuba it gets more complicated

  7. #7
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    I'd still like to know how long prison sentences for marijuana selling and secret trials/tribunals given to foreigners differs from anything that happens in the United States.

    I don't recall seeing any calls to overthrow George Bush when the government railroaded that man in Oakland who was on trial for growing medical cannibus.


  8. #8
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780
    Originally posted by MysticReveller
    I'd still like to know how long prison sentences for marijuana selling and secret trials/tribunals given to foreigners differs from anything that happens in the United States.

    I don't recall seeing any calls to overthrow George Bush when the government railroaded that man in Oakland who was on trial for growing medical cannibus.

    I think you jumpin the gun son....unless u know the specifics of this case the comparison to the a dictatorship regime in cuba is unfair....

    Reveller at least Bush can be voted out of office, tell me where is there any such in cuba...
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  9. #9
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    I think you jumpin the gun son....unless u know the specifics of this case the comparison to the a dictatorship regime in cuba is unfair....

    Reveller at least Bush can be voted out of office, tell me where is there any such in cuba...
    Nah man, is not so. This had nothing to do with the dictatorship regime vs. democracy or whatever.

    You made the title Cuban Justice, and then pointed to the article. I didn't jump the gun; the article clearly states their crimes were for marijuana growing/selling. The justice against them as I pointed out is no different than here in the U.S. and throughout most of the world. So I'm not seeing how this is indicative only of Cuban-styled justice. And just as you inferred some injustice based on what you read, I am only doing the exact same thing, inferring based on the article.

    The differing political systems are a different issue. If you wanted to focus on talking about that, then the case against these students was a bad example for you to use.

  10. #10
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780
    Originally posted by MysticReveller
    Nah man, is not so. This had nothing to do with the dictatorship regime vs. democracy or whatever.

    You made the title Cuban Justice, and then pointed to the article. I didn't jump the gun; the article clearly states their crimes were for marijuana growing/selling. The justice against them as I pointed out is no different than here in the U.S. and throughout most of the world. So I'm not seeing how this is indicative only of Cuban-styled justice. And just as you inferred some injustice based on what you read, I am only doing the exact same thing, inferring based on the article.

    The differing political systems are a different issue. If you wanted to focus on talking about that, then the case against these students was a bad example for you to use.

    I was just making a brief statement padna.....u can always find causes of misjustice in the most democratic of societies or countries but tell me....if for some reason you were caught in some alleged crime where would take your chances of being tried in dictatorship or in a democratic one....
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  11. #11
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    I was just making a brief statement padna.....u can always find causes of misjustice in the most democratic of societies or countries but tell me....if for some reason you were caught in some alleged crime where would take your chances of being tried in dictatorship or in a democratic one....
    In both cases, ah hope ah could make a run for it!!!!

  12. #12
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    ....if for some reason you were caught in some alleged crime where would take your chances of being tried in dictatorship or in a democratic one....
    back to my original post questioning the 'democratic' legal system we live under......"democratic" or "dictatorship" either way you can be screwed....


    ***********doesn't this artcile add a different angle to the story?

    Dominicans were stunned when news originated from Cuba that three students studying in the island were imprisoned for the cultivation of marijuana and attempting to smuggle Cubans into the United States.

    Last week, education minister Roosevelt Skerrit announced that he would head a three man delegation to Cuba to attempt to secure the release of the three students. He also indicated that closer screening of students going to Cuba would be undertaken. Currently, well over three hundred Dominican students are in Cuba pursuing studies in fields as diverse as medicine and sports training. About eighty are expected to graduate this year, twenty as medical doctors.

    Since the late seventies, hundreds of Dominicans have successfully completed studies in Cuba. The vast majority has returned to Dominica and today forms the core of the medical services on island, while several have opened engineering and architectural firms among others.

    This latest episode has been embarrassing to say the least for Dominica, and follows a general and marked breakdown of discipline in schools throughout the island. Over the past year, high school students have been implicated in murder, including the stoning to death of a man in Roseau and gang related activities.

    The students arrested in Cuba are languishing in jail and no trial date has been set. The minister expressed confidence in securing the release of the three, and appealed for the students to keep their focus on attaining higher education.

    Most of the Dominican students in Dominica have received partial scholarships from the Cuban government, with the government of Dominica providing a stipend. However, last year the Pierre Charles government announced that it was no longer in a position to meet the stipend for the students. Some in Dominica have blamed the withdrawing of this critical support for forcing the students to seek alternative means of supporting themselves while in Cuba. Others believe that this is just the result of the eroding levels of discipline at the schools in Dominica.

    For many of the students, the majority of which comes from low income families, study in Cuba provides their only hope of attaining a university education. Tuition at the University of the West Indies is well beyond the reach of the average Dominican, and many have difficulty in securing the required funds to pursue studies elsewhere in the world.

  13. #13
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780
    Originally posted by soca junkie
    back to my original post questioning the 'democratic' legal system we live under......"democratic" or "dictatorship" either way you can be screwed....


    ***********

    As i so stated in my last comment.......

    So are you stating the sentence of 18yrs in jail for cultivating marijuana is justified and how could students on partial scholarships with no american visa smuggle cubans to the united states......furthermore why are cuban citizens so eager to leave cuba if such was the case....
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  14. #14
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    As i so stated in my last comment.......

    1. So are you stating the sentence of 18yrs in jail for cultivating marijuana is justified and 2. how could students on partial scholarships with no american visa smuggle cubans to the united states......3. furthermore why are cuban citizens so eager to leave cuba if such was the case....
    Gawsh, ah hate to get into a debate about Cuba, but yur asking interesting questions ......so, to answer each:

    1. IMO any sentence dealing with anything related to ganja that exceeds 2 seconds in jail is unjustified, unless we start locking up ppl for cultivating alcohol and tobacco cigarettes. Irregardless of which country is meting out the punishment.

    2. See: Mexican border

    3. P*O*V*E*R*T*Y

  15. #15
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    hey *how yuh doin Kama by the way*
    not sayin that sentence is justified. i dont know that they committed any crime, and if they did, dont know that its the real, and only crime they commited...still haven't been able to find any other stories on this than the one u posted and one i posted....what i'm sayin is i doh think its as cut and dry about marijuana as it seems....but lets just say it is only that they were growing weed....nothin else..

    we got harsh drug laws here i.e. Rockefeller laws that say if you are in possession of FOUR ounces or caught selling TWO ounces of cocaine or heroin, you get at least 15 years to life* you could have had NO prior record...if you were usin the herion yuhself...doh matter. 15years to life..... 15 years, 18 years.....you could say its JUST weed, but its still an illegal substance, no?...

    how could they smuggle people?....all you have to do is know the right people.

    why do cubans want to leave? why are there so many jamaicans, trinidadians, russians, germans, etc coming here illegally???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •