Credits
    Debit/check card

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post
    Which one do you use most?
    Why?

I use my credit card all the time.
    Good question....why would you use a debit card.... kind of foolish to me !

especially if you have one of those with a visa/master card logo....you don't stand a chance if it is stolen ....so to be safe, use their funds, and if possible pay it all back by the end of the month when you get the bill......more or less common sense.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Good question....why would you use a debit card.... kind of foolish to me !

especially if you have one of those with a visa/master card logo....you don't stand a chance if it is stolen ....so to be safe, use their funds, and if possible pay it all back by the end of the month when you get the bill......more or less common sense.

true, but i dont trust myself wit paying it all back... so i just rather not run up debt on my CC to begin with
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAKing View Post
    true, but i dont trust myself wit paying it all back... so i just rather not run up debt on my CC to begin with
    Now, lets say you lost your debit/credit card in a dept store....you have $1500, someone use it, charge up a lot of goods....now what, so you on a tight budget until the next pay check.....now what...how long before they refund you your funds ?

Credits
    Now, lets say you lost your debit/credit card in a dept store....you have $1500, someone use it, charge up a lot of goods....now what, so you on a tight budget until the next pay check.....now what...how long before they refund you your funds ?

You will get the money back.

Credits

i get where u coming from... but in a dept store they would need my pin... but there are alot of places that dont require a pin like some gas stations where it is used like credit or places that use it like a credit card and dont check signatures, so yea i get where you coming from...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    You will get the money back.
    but not right away and i heard of some people that had to fight to get their money back

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    i get where u coming from... but in a dept store they would need my pin... but there are alot of places that dont require a pin like some gas stations where it is used like credit or places that use it like a credit card and dont check signatures, so yea i get where you coming from...

Correct...some, not all, but if you get beat for 3k out of your checking acct....hard earn $...man that is a MF.....so I am not taking that chance, you might be lucky if, that is if they can prove that those charges are fraud....why take that chance, muchless at min, you will be out of your funds a good 6 to 8 weeks min....seems like common sense to me !

Credits
    but not right away and i heard of some people that had to fight to get their money back

Fight ! ....man that can take up to 6 months.....so this is a no brainer to me...I told, Chase and Bank of America....no, I just need a debit card, without a credit card logo.

Credits
    That does piss me off doh...
    I remember when i started using credit cards like around 2000 or 2001, everywhere i go, they checked the signature strip to compare signatures and if it wasnt signed, they ask for ID... now, they just run your card and ask you to sign the slip and give you your card back... no kinda security..

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    That does piss me off doh...
    I remember when i started using credit cards like around 2000 or 2001, everywhere i go, they checked the signature strip to compare signatures and if it wasnt signed, they ask for ID... now, they just run your card and ask you to sign the slip and give you your card back... no kinda security..
    LOL...man, I am in some stores, they aint even looking at signatures.....once in Duane Reade wrote something like Donald Ducks....total joke,......also, what I do....the credit card that I carry around with me daily.....I have the limit lowered to 2k, so I have an automatic spending limit....that even if i get beat on their card.....this limit ed to how much.....when I am going away, I take another one with me....just in case shit happens.....lock that away in a safe at the hotel, etc.....

Credits
    LOL...man, I am in some stores, they aint even looking at signatures.....once in Duane Reade wrote something like Donald Ducks....total joke,......also, what I do....the credit card that I carry around with me daily.....I have the limit lowered to 2k, so I have an automatic spending limit....that even if i get beat on their card.....this limit ed to how much.....when I am going away, I take another one with me....just in case shit happens.....lock that away in a safe at the hotel, etc.....
    Lower your limit on a card too much and it messes up your credit score... a big part of your credit score is the ratio of available credit to much how much debt you have, so if your amount of debt is getting close to the amount of credit you have extended to you, it will lower your score...

I had this credit card company close out a credit card due to inactivity and when i checked my fico score, it dipped because of that

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Lower your limit on a card too much and it messes up your credit score... a big part of your credit score is the ratio of available credit to much how much debt you have, so if your amount of debt is getting close to the amount of credit you have extended to you, it will lower your score...

I had this credit card company close out a credit card due to inactivity and when i checked my fico score, it dipped because of that

LOL....man, trust me, that is least of my problem....what you have what min four credit cards and you lower one limit to carry around and you takingthat on....man come !

Gladiator
    Hmmm Debit...I mostly use Credit for bill payments..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast