Thread: Couple questions IMX

Credits

Couple questions IMX

Do you think your city is prepared for a major natural
    disaster? Are you personally prepared? Do you have a "Preparedness kit" readily available if such a disaster
    should occur?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trini_chic
    disaster? Are you personally prepared? Do you have a "Preparedness kit" readily available if such a disaster
    should occur?
    No to all of the above, I think East Orange would be last on the list for help, Essex Country, NJ actually.

Credits
    I don't believe NY is ready for a disaster. Too many people not enough space and the government don't have clue about the first step to take to get the city ready for a disaster!
    As far as a kit of my own . . .no but I've been thinking about it since that disaster down south !

Credits
    should occur?
    I am personally PREPARED to go HOME.

And I am CURRENTLY working on a PREPAREDNESS KIT that will GUARANTEE by SAFE PASSAGE to HAIROUNA.

Credits
    I have a lot of bottled water & canned food...batteries. I know what to do for a hurricane. Anything over a cat 3, my mom said I should ocme home. Last year she asked if I wanted a plane ticket, so I don't have to worry(provided it's a hurricane). My dad is sending me some MRE's that he got recently(since he in New Orleans). They gave him 3 cases of them & he's moving to Virginia, so he said he would ship them to us. I have family in Texas & California also...I think I would be ok if it's natural disasters we're talkin.

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

And I am CURRENTLY working on a PREPAREDNESS KIT that will GUARANTEE by SAFE PASSAGE to HAIROUNA.

Well dat soundin ike me...I just doh know where is Hairouna...so replace that with Trinidad

I have the basics for hurricanes...batteries, water, candles, gas grill, coolers, etc. I still feel I need some more stuff. Dem times in Trini of current gone and water and ting have me pretty well trained...dem things doh affect me as bad as how I does see some people getting on...last year Hurricane season i was good to go. But with all de lakes in my new neighborhood...I feel I need to add a boat to de disaster kit.

Barbados my home no matter where ever I go
    Credits
    I live in London, so no i don't think we are prepared and no I am not personally perpared, although the helpful tips I used to watch on CBC in Barbados has given me some indication of various things and amounts I would need in order to call myself prepared.

sharkie
    i don't live in a city

and my town would probably not be able to handle one. and if there was a diaster, i woulda dead right here in mih house.

Credits
    Next disaster might not be a natural one,might be a hydrogen bomb or something.

Are you prepared for that?

Credits
    should occur?
    isn't being prepared for a natural disaster an oxymoron?

if it's natural, then how can u prepare. to me the best preparation would just be knowledge on the potential effects of the natural disaster because nobody knows what's exactly going to happen in the end.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    don't know if the city is really prepared for any disaster...i can't say that I myself am 100% prepared either...but I do have non-perishable food and other necessities at my disposable...so at a drop of a dime i can be ready to be out...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trini-gyal
    Well dat soundin ike me...I just doh know where is Hairouna...so replace that with Trinidad

I have the basics for hurricanes...batteries, water, candles, gas grill, coolers, etc. I still feel I need some more stuff. Dem times in Trini of current gone and water and ting have me pretty well trained...dem things doh affect me as bad as how I does see some people getting on...last year Hurricane season i was good to go. But with all de lakes in my new neighborhood...I feel I need to add a boat to de disaster kit.
    HAIROUNA or HAIROUN (LAND OF THE BLESSED) is the name the GARIFUNAS (Black Caribs) called St. Vincent before they LOST the second war to the BRITISH, which EVENTUALLY led to their EXILE to Roatan Island off Honduras.

Credits
    should occur?
    Kingston does incredibly well when it comes to withstanding Category 4 and 5 hurricanes. After Ivan hit I went to Jamaican in December and the place was remarkably well kept. Things were fixed and everything looked normal... I was proud!

Credits
    I am not prepared and probably most New Yorkers because theres always "it could never happen here" thought in peoples minds

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

GOD willing
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.