❣ Coronation Street ❣

Are there Corrie fans on IMIX???

─╤╦︻ Ordem e Progresso ︻╦╤─

"Now doesn't it make you feel better?
    The pigs have won tonight.
    Now they can all sleep soundly,
    and everything is all right."

Credits
    OMG, you have Coronation Street in Canada? Do you by any chance have Eastenders too?

Credits
    we get Eastenders in NY
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Teatre View Post
    OMG, you have Coronation Street in Canada? Do you by any chance have Eastenders too?
    Yeah, but I don't really look at it.

I look at Corrie, Misfits, Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Celebrity BB, hmmm... and some older shows too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TweetaFineeta View Post

I look at Corrie, Misfits, Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Celebrity BB, hmmm... and some older shows too.
    OMG! Um...wow...just wow... Eastenders is way better than Corrie. The accents are not too hard on the ear and they have some very interesting storylines. Watch the drama during xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    we get Eastenders in NY
    Double shock. Lol. Now that explains Nicki Minaj's horrible British accent.

Credits
    we do @ HAB? what channel? i've never seen it.. then again i've never looked...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    we do @ HAB? what channel? i've never seen it.. then again i've never looked...
    If you ever watched Video Music Box back in the day, you should have caught the advertisement for Eastenders that came on before the show started.. it comes on those public channels, right there with Ms. Bucket, Chef, that show where those people work in the department store, and that show where the husband is some kind of super hero and can fly, he got a baby and a wife...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    OMG! Um...wow...just wow... Eastenders is way better than Corrie. The accents are not too hard on the ear and they have some very interesting storylines. Watch the drama during xmas.
    What is wow? Me knowing the shows or not looking at Eastenders? I never said I haven't seen Eastenders I said I don't usually watch it. lol. I grew on Corrie ... I like it ... but I know Eastenders newer and more edgy so might be prefered by some.

Did you see Natalie Cassidy, and Cheryl Ferguson on Celebrity Big Brother ? Both were on with massive Corrie stars. Nat was on with Denise aka Natalie, and Cheryl was on with Julie aka BETE LYNCH! I was excited to see both Denise and Julie ... but in seeing their personalities I actually lose off them likkle bit. LOL

Credits
    What is wow? Me knowing the shows or not looking at Eastenders? I never said I haven't seen Eastenders I said I don't usually watch it. lol. I grew on Corrie ... I like it ... but I know Eastenders newer and more edgy so might be prefered by some.

Did you see Natalie Cassidy, and Cheryl Ferguson on Celebrity Big Brother ? Both were on with massive Corrie stars. Nat was on with Denise aka Natalie, and Cheryl was on with Julie aka BETE LYNCH! I was excited to see both Denise and Julie ... but in seeing their personalities I actually lose off them likkle bit. LOL
    Its a surprise that Eastenders and Coronation Street show in North American because these are quintessentially British programmes which, to the untrained ear, may be a little hard to understand. Eastenders and Corrie are big rivals at the Soap award but in most cases Eastenders wins hands down because the stories are more realistic/hard hitting and they're accent are not so annoyingly nasal.

I don't watch big brother. I'd rather read where it all started: in George Orwell's 1984.

Credits
    Its a surprise that Eastenders and Coronation Street show in North American because these are quintessentially British programmes which, to the untrained ear, may be a little hard to understand. Eastenders and Corrie are big rivals at the Soap award but in most cases Eastenders wins hands down because the stories are more realistic/hard hitting and they're accent are not so annoyingly nasal.

I don't watch big brother. I'd rather read where it all started: in George Orwell's 1984.
    REALLY??? East Enders realistic??

Credits

I have read the book many times & own it as well as most of George Orwell's work. However the show's only;y themed after it superficially. What is interesting about it is the social experiment.

In terms of untrained ear - both my father & uncle have Northern accents as they grew up in England until 16/17 YOA. I have immense amount of family over there ... the accent isn't an issue. In general actually I don't have an issue with accents. It's just like watching anything produced outside your region really .. it's not hard.

Credits

Misfits is some twisted crap

Credits
    I have read the book many times & own it as well as most of George Orwell's work. However the show's only;y themed after it superficially. What is interesting about it is the social experiment.

In terms of untrained ear - both my father & uncle have Northern accents as they grew up in England until 16/17 YOA. I have immense amount of family over there ... the accent isn't an issue. In general actually I don't have an issue with accents. It's just like watching anything produced outside your region really .. it's not hard.
    Whether it is superficially based on it or not the underlying theme remains the same. When Big Brother first came out it was an interesting social experiment (they say that the first contestants never knew that there were cameras watching them) but now the novelty has worn off. There are too many "Big Brother like" programmes out there. The Big Brother thing is so trite over in the UK that they were thinking of cancelling the show.

You, and others with family in the uk, are obviously are an
    exception to the rule. But try taking the general North American population into consideration and you might see where I am coming from. They, with notable exceptions, are still very ignorant about British culture. Throughout history Americans, in particular, have gone out of their way to disassociate themselves with Britain. They even changed the names of places so that they don't sound so British. The Canadians, on the other hand, seem to be a bit more tolerant of their British heritage.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Bravo View Post
    Misfits is some twisted crap

Why you say that?

Credits
    accents? its not mexico... lol... for west indians, it wont be an issue..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast