Thread: CONDOMS at fetes.....sex is still sex

Credits

CONDOMS at fetes.....sex is still sex

How many of you promoters distribute at your weekly parties? How many of you nightclub owners have stashes in your bathrooms? We're so behind in the Caribbean community, but it's not too late to do shit.

I've been getting so much shit: entertainers encourage slack behavior (well, some of us slack too and we like it we just have to make sure people, especially women are equal partners in sexual relationships); irresponsible sexual behavior occurs under the influence of alcohol and that's encouraged at events (even more of a reason to blatantly have signs about safe sex and stocks of condoms around); entertainers encourage gay bashing which is one of the main contributors to the spread of the disease as it keeps many a man on the DL (yeah, well maybe if governments and legislature also changed this would not happen...I don't see anyone calling for the boycott of a government)....etc etc etc.....

Phiva.net

Credits
    West Indian Soul does a condom distribution project...On a very small scale though.

At Incognito, we distributed trick or treat bags with candy and condoms, and even had some (males ) return the candy and keep the condom.

The people who were receiving the condoms were very responsive, but we've not had many promoters who were willing to let us distribute inside the fete. At one party, we were distributing outside, and they told us we couldn't "loiter" there, despite not saying anything to the men around us who were distributing flyers.

I think things and times are changing, esp. with the younger generation...but we have to creep before we can walk.

Surprisingly, I find women are the ones who usually don't want to take the condom, or are embarrassed to come over to our table with the condoms there.

Credits
    That' cool. We're about to start providing at our parties. I don't know why promoters would resist, but they need to get on board. Can you give me the names of the promoters that have done so...I'd like to use em as examples on phiva.net.

I think a well rounded presentation on the issues needs to be presented to promoters...they may have to be paid to attend, but hey....

Women and the condoms....that too will change and I swear the entertainers are the fastest way to make that happen. I actually have lyrics for a song that I am getting feedback on which addresses that.

PHIVA.NET