Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Techs' & Heads' Thread...

Credits

Computer Techs' & Heads' Thread...

This thread is for everyone to share their knowledge, or gain knowledge about Computer Repair/Software/Hardware and Accesories.

So my first question is who builds their own PC's and what sites do you purchase from often.

Question #2....

"Drivers"...whats the best site to search for them.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Castle_Rockz View Post
    This thread is for everyone to share their knowledge, or gain knowledge about Computer Repair/Software/Hardware and Accesories.

So my first question is who builds their own PC's and what sites do you purchase from often.

Question #2....

QUESTION #2 SOLVED.

DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com

Credits

No Doubt....

So... What Anti-Virus you guys are using...I love "AVG" Professional. Anybody have a full version with Crack/Product key?

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

cassette_craig

Question #2....

I build and sell PCs. If someone has the money and willing to spend i get them top of the line stuff but most people just want something dats gonna work and they can browse the inet with suh i jus make sure they get someting dat can last over a year.

For
    R.A.M - Kingston is the brand i always use
    H.D - either Maxtor, Western Digital or Seagate (when they go down they NEVER return, nuh matter what)
    Processors - i lean more to AMDs cause fuh some reason when i build with those they last longer and like i said dats what people mostly want.
    Mice, keyboards, cases etc no basic brand cause all do the same job

For
    Drivers
    Most times i check the website of the product first especially H.P and printers but driverguide is always the next best bet. If its not on driverguide, you most likely wont find it anywhere else. You should see my name as reccommendations for a couple of drivers on there

For
    free software
    I go to downloads.com, havent had a problem with them so far. Last week nero was giving problems on my brother's laptop when i was trying to burn a CD, i went there and found a free ting dat i gun use now instead of nero.

cassette_craig
    No Doubt....

So... What Anti-Virus you guys are using...I love "AVG" Professional. Anybody have a full version with Crack/Product key?
    Yea AVG is good but Kaspersky is the boss, check the CNET ratings and you will see. The germans kick a$$ with that anti-virus. I had a full version of avg with crack somewhere is fuh locate dat now.

The top 4 in random order are
    kaspersky
    avg
    nod32
    bitdefender

norton deh sumwhere below 20

mcafee deh somewhere below 50

Credits
    :

Credits
    damn, i got mcafee. we have avg at work though i might have to get that instead...i just checked it out. i not gettin that till next year. i not payin for it while i have mcafee for another year. it's a great program though.
    Last edited by southern chic; 02-04-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    Trinidad Posse!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Yea AVG is good but Kaspersky is the boss, check the CNET ratings and you will see. The germans kick a$$ with that anti-virus. I had a full version of avg with crack somewhere is fuh locate dat now.

The top 4 in random order are
    kaspersky
    avg
    nod32
    bitdefender

norton deh sumwhere below 20

mcafee deh somewhere below 50
    hmm I've heard that these were garbage, as in they still allow for the bs you're trying to avoid to get into your system. Is this true, if so I might have to ask my "IT" guys if they have the software for those that you mentioned.

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by southern chic View Post
    damn, i got mcafee. we have avg at work though i might have to get that instead...i just checked it out. i not gettin that till next year. i not payin for it while i have mcafee for another year. it's a great program though.
    Wow you paying for mcaffe damn oh well as long as u getting the best out of it i say go right ahead. I used it lots of times before and great wouldnt be my conclusion for it, but hey different folks................

Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    hmm I've heard that these were garbage, as in they still allow for the bs you're trying to avoid to get into your system. Is this true, if so I might have to ask my "IT" guys if they have the software for those that you mentioned.
    You dont even need to ask your IT guys google is your friend hehehehe

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Wow you paying for mcaffe damn oh well as long as u getting the best out of it i say go right ahead. I used it lots of times before and great wouldnt be my conclusion for it, but hey different folks................

damn, well I get it with comcast aka the worst for internet

You dont even need to ask your IT guys google is your friend hehehehe
    naw I trust my IT guys since they're my uncle and godfather , snce I know their source isn't some random file to download.

Credits
    No Doubt....

Use Linux....screw viruses.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    naw I trust my IT guys since they're my uncle and godfather , snce I know their source isn't some random file to download.
    AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - Get AVG Internet Security with 25% off

They also have the other components for free as well.

Credits

Question #2....

newegg.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK View Post
    :
    I been waitin' for yuh to roll up om the scene...I know you machine is Hi-Powered,

whats the specs' bredren ?

Craig....your machine sounds awfully alot like mine...I need to update my PC cuz my tecnology is Decent but by the end of the year, it'll be Old and Slow.

I use AMD sempron 1.9ghz

Maxtor Hard Drive 300GB, 7200 rpm...which I have only consumed 22GBs'

and Kingston 1GB RAM, kingston prices always seem reasonable.

Sound/Video cards...any suggestions, good quality but still inexpensive?

Credits
    mcafee works fine for me. i don't have any problems. never did. i doh do much on my puter doh. check email, edit and store pics, download music. not much at all. i dunno if that has anything to do with it but mcafee hasn't upset me yet.
    Trinidad Posse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast