Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Powell endorses Obama

Credits

Colin Powell endorses Obama

(CNN) -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will be voting for Sen. Barack Obama, citing the Democrat's "ability to inspire" and the "inclusive nature of his campaign."
    Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he is voting for Barack Obama.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he is voting for Barack Obama.

"He has both style and substance. I think he is a transformational figure," Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Obama displayed a steadiness. Showed intellectual vigor. He has a definitive way of doing business that will do us well," Powell said.

Powell, a retired U.S. general and a Republican, was once seen as a possible presidential candidate himself.

Powell said he questioned Sen. John McCain's judgment in picking Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate because he doesn't think she is ready to be president.

He also said he was disappointed with some of McCain's campaign tactics, such as bringing up Obama's ties to former 1960s radical Bill Ayers.

Powell served as secretary of state under President Bush from 2001 to 2005.

The notion of a Powell endorsement has been rumored for several months.

On August 13, Powell's office denied a report on Fox by commentator Bill Kristol that Powell had decided to publicly back Obama at the Democratic National Convention.

Several sources said at the time that Powell had not made a decision about a possible endorsement.

"As always, he is holding his cards close and waiting for more information," one adviser told CNN's John King in August.

Powell himself brushed off queries on any potential presidential nod but told ABC News on August 13 that he would not be going to Denver, Colorado, for the convention.

"I do not have time to waste on Bill Kristol's musings," he said. "I am not going to the convention. I have made this clear."

In February, Powell told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that he was weighing an endorsement of a Democratic or independent candidate.

"I am keeping my options open at the moment," Powell said.

"I have voted for members of both parties in the course of my adult life. And as I said earlier, I will vote for the candidate I think can do the best job for America, whether that candidate is a Republican, a Democrat or an independent," he added.

Powell has offered praise for Obama, calling him an "exciting person on the political stage."

"He has energized a lot of people in America," said Powell, who briefly weighed his own run for the White House in the mid-1990s. "He has energized a lot of people around the world. And so I think he is worth listening to and seeing what he stands for."

Powell's adviser has said that "he likes and admires John McCain, and that would be a factor in anything he does if he decides to get more involved."

Another source close to Powell said he has known the Republican nominee for more than three decades "and likes him and is looking for a reason to vote for him. He hasn't found it yet."

The former general, who has largely steered clear of politics since leaving the Bush administration, noted that the next president will need to work to restore America's standing in the world.

Powell gave the keynote address at the Republican National Convention in support of George W. Bush in 2000.

"I will ultimately vote for the person I believe brings to the American people the kind of vision the American people want to see for the next four years," he said. "A vision that reaches out to the rest of the world, that starts to restore confidence in America, that starts to restore favorable ratings to America. Frankly, we've lost a lot in recent years."

Powell's adviser also said at the time that the vice presidential picks for both candidates would be a major factor in his decision, both for the quality of each man's running mate and for what sort of "signal that choice sends about the character and judgment of the candidate."

He also said that a Powell decision to back Obama would not be a surprise.

Credits
    What a kick in the face to the Republicans.

Credits

Colin Powell is a NO GOOD Career Thug War Criminal & Liar for the White Ruling Class

The Consortium
    The Only Interaction this NO GOOD Knee Grow has had with Black People around the Globe is to carry THREATS and BAD NEWS from his White YanKKKee Masters........
    Zimbabwe calls Powell 'Uncle Tom' | World news | The Guardian

BBC NEWS | Africa | US slams 'racist' Zimbabwe

He is trying to redeem his tarnished International image as a Former Bush Family House Knee Grow, by hitching onto the popularity of the Obama Bandwagon

Credits
    Yes yes yes!!!!

Yes we mudda#################### can.......great endorsement

Credits
    Please people! Please! Go to Fox News and check out the Powell endorses Obama article! The comments from the Republicans are priceless!!! LOL!!!

Yes mih yardie general! Sock it to dem yes!

Credits
    This election is getting better by the minute. This is great news for Obama, this may help him a lot in Florida.

Credits

BEWARE of these Neo Knee Grow Images that YanKKKeeZ are promoting around the globe

The YanKKKeeZ are trying to Set the Standards of how Black People should Act and Look in order to get White Endorsements and Approval AT A TIME when White Economies, Institutions and Philosophies are FAILING!!!!

Credits
    Did he also mention that he was sorry for going to the UN to start an unjust war with the rest of remaining CRIMINALS at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue ?

I would have more respect for him if he CAME OUT AND STATED I MADE A BAD CALL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Did he also mention that he was sorry for going to the UN to start an unjust war with the rest of remaining CRIMINALS at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue ?

I would have more respect for him if he CAME OUT AND STATED I MADE A BAD CALL
    You X'pecting a lot from a Knee Grow whose Career Growth was based on Cover-Ups:
    The Consortium

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    You X'pecting a lot from a Knee Grow whose Career Growth was based on Cover-Ups:
    The Consortium
    OH....MAKE NO MIS-TAKE, I AM NOT SEPARATING HIM FROM THE REST OF CRIMINALS DOWN THERE AT 1600 PENN AVE.

I would not want his endorsement....furthermore, it goes against what Obama is standing for...that he was against the war from the start, so how does it help his cause( obama) if Powell don't admit he made a bad call !

He Powell should keep is F'ing mouth shut because he was one of the main reasons we are in this BS in the first place.

Credits
    SMH allyuh really need sum fukin kings county.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    The YanKKKeeZ are trying to Set the Standards of how Black People should Act and Look in order to get White Endorsements and Approval AT A TIME when White Economies, Institutions and Philosophies are FAILING!!!!
    It's a sad point and we see this most clearly in the way America honors civil rights leaders Martin Luther King vs. Malcom X. We celebrate MLK day, and honor him in many ways but Malcom is only "mentioned" during Black History Month. Why---well the 2 figures are distinctly different in their messages: one is peaceful change and the other is immediate forceful change. It's clear that America prefers a more domicile character than an aggressive Black man fighting for forceful change. With that said, what type of Black man do you think America is most likely to vote for? Is it right? Is it hypocritical---it is what it is.

I am not denouncing anything that you're saying, but Barack is an inspirational leader who seems to have the ability to unite people. We see this in the crowds he draws, the money he's raising and the resounding message he is leaving. We haven't seen anyone like this since MLK....both men great orators with powerful messages.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    OH....MAKE NO MIS-TAKE, I AM NOT SEPARATING HIM FROM THE REST OF CRIMINALS DOWN THERE AT 1600 PENN AVE.

I would not want his endorsement....furthermore, it goes against what Obama is standing for...that he was against the war from the start, so how does it help his cause( obama) if Powell don't admit he made a bad call !

He Powell should keep is F'ing mouth shut because he was one of the main reasons we are in this BS in the first place.
    U VOTED for DUMBYA BUSH and now you're COMPLAINING.

DUMBYA and the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS FUKKED UP the ECONOMY.....THANKS to your VOTE.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    SMH allyuh really need sum fukin kings county.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    U VOTED for DUMBYA BUSH and now you're COMPLAINING.

DUMBYA and the REPUBLICAN CONGRESS FUKKED UP the ECONOMY.....THANKS to your VOTE.
    I would call you an ass, but it is too early !

and by the way, it wasn't only the republicans who had a hand in this.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast