Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold medicine for asthma patient????

Credits

cold medicine for asthma patient????

does anyone know what over the counter cold medicine i can take for my cold given that i have asthma?

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Taina
    does anyone know what over the counter cold medicine i can take for my cold given that i have asthma?
    Pm elQ he is a doctor

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Pm elQ he is a doctor

thanx i'll try that.

Credits

I'm asthmatic and I didn't know that there were restrictions for OTC medications. I use Nyquil. Works juss fine.

Credits
    Tylenol Cold & Flu, Humidifier

Credits
    I think as long as yuh not alergic yuh can take motrin...word to the wise keep yuh puffer handy....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Persia
    I'm asthmatic and I didn't know that there were restrictions for OTC medications. I use Nyquil. Works juss fine.
    well, i know that certain OTC's are not recommended for asthmatics because their contents would trigger an attack. I was told to stay away from any meds containing sudafed (not sure of spelling)...but right now i'm too tired and too sick to look at labels...i want a name of a med. so i can walk in...see it and purchase it...that's it.

SkoolboY tylenol cold & flu really works?

Aquemini...i haven't tried motrin...as for the inhaler...i've already used it twice in a matter of 4 hours...and i'm not supposed to use it that frequently...if i do that again today I will be rushed to the hospital. So, i need a cold med. fast.

Credits
    well, i know that certain OTC's are not recommended for asthmatics because their contents would trigger an attack. I was told to stay away from any meds containing sudafed (not sure of spelling)...but right now i'm too tired and too sick to look at labels...i want a name of a med. so i can walk in...see it and purchase it...that's it.

Aquemini...i haven't tried motrin...as for the inhaler...i've already used it twice in a matter of 4 hours...and i'm not supposed to use it that frequently...if i do that again today I will be rushed to the hospital. So, i need a cold med. fast.
    Nothing works for me, and I'm asthmatic. I was sick two weeks ago. The only thing that worked for me were 4 miles at the track, and a few hot showers. Excercise builds the immune system. Also brings up all the mucus on yuh chest.

Credits

If it's just for ah cold, Nyquil will do... If it's for asthma symtoms, it's ah whole different ball game.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Persia
    If it's just for ah cold, Nyquil will do... If it's for asthma symtoms, it's ah whole different ball game.
    sometimes when you have a cold it triggers your asthma symptoms and if you are not carful it can be extreamly dangerous.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SkoolboY
    Nothing works for me, and I'm asthmatic. I was sick two weeks ago. The only thing that worked for me were 4 miles at the track, and a few hot showers. Excercise builds the immune system. Also brings up all the mucus on yuh chest.

well...hot showers help a little...if i had energy to excercise i would. Thanx though.

Persia...i'll check out Nyquil and tylenol and see which one helps...thanx.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquemini
    sometimes when you have a cold it triggers your asthma symptoms and if you are not carful it can be extreamly dangerous.

that's what is happening to me...the coughing is triggering my asthma...which is why i need a cold med ASAP. My chest and rib cage hurt so bad right now from all the heavy breathing...i'm just tired.

btw...how are u doing? i haven't heard or seen u in a long time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquemini
    I'm well aware of that.... but thanks for the update....

Credits
    that's what is happening to me...the coughing is triggering my asthma...which is why i need a cold med ASAP. My chest and rib cage hurt so bad right now from all the heavy breathing...i'm just tired.

Look for something that stops post nasal drip. That is most likely what is causing the cough. If you have heavy mucous build up, try MUCINEX. It works very well for drying you out. And stay heavy on the fluids.

Credits

You may very well need to go to the hospital now if it really is as bad as you say it is.. at this point you may need to be hooked into the oxygen machine...

Im ok don't worry about me u take care of that asthma .. its not something to mess around with. hope you feel better soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast