Thread: Coalishun

BajanFete

Coalishun

I don't know how many of you are familar with Coalishun but they were the band that Rupee and TC sang with in Barbados for years. They did the song Ice Cream (Was on Soca Gold 97) and Thundah (Both songs currently on Rupee's new cd). When i first saw them in 98 at Crop over I thought they were going to be the next big band in Soca. I've seen the Treasons and Traffiks rise and then the sucess of Rupee and TC and wonder to myself what could of been. I was just wondering how many of you were familar with them most likely the diehards will (I know trinibaje will, I thought I was the only one that would remember that Girls Bam Bam is sample).

Credits

RE: Coalishun

I WAS A BOATYARD BARTENDER , AND I COULD REMEMBER DE SUNDAY NIGHT WHEN RUPEE USE TO BRING DOWN DE HOUSE WITH HIS BRAIDS AND TITANIC SONG,NUFF RESPECT ALSO I GIVE TO T.C ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WORKED TOGETHER IN HARISSONS , SO BAJANFETE IT AINT ONLY TRINIBAJE DAT KNOW EVERY TING BOUT BIM ACTUALLY IT IZ ME WHO TEACH SHE EVERY TING BOUT WE COUNTRY, BECAUSE SINCE I HAD SHE DOWN BEHIND DE TRUCK WID CLIMBMAX AND "KENNY BOVELLE" SHE BECAME A TRUE PIECE O' BAJAN. DOAN LET SHE FOOL YUH!

Credits

YES BAJANFETE...

YUH know I know Coalishun.... As bajan01 said, who can forget Tuesday nights drinks free in de Boatyard, when Ruppee T.C. and Adrian Clarke (doh forget he) mash up de place... oh gooooosssssh...... Remember de Maestro opera thing Adrian used to do??? Anyhow BajanFete, I don't know why dat band didn't stay together in 1998 de change begin when T.C. started becoming a heavy contender for de pic o de crop, and it was just Rupee, Adrian and some other fella. Den Rupee left, now its just Adrian and dis girl. Hopefully Adrian can make it as big as Rupee and T.C., because he is de most talented out of them...

Coalishun used to have a wicked horn section..... those were de days.....

BAJANFETE, AH HERE Adrian performing for Miami Carnival, I will see you there......

Credits

Anyone in Philly?

SSS
    Credits

How could I forget Coalishun nice band nice people. Oh yes the Boatyard drinks free Tuesday and Saturday how could I forget Coalishun and the Boatyard. Adrain (Clarkarotti) Clarke and Rupee did real damage in the boatyard.

Yes Adrian is me honey for dayzzz he got a sweet voice. He won pick of the crop finals this year with his songs Melody and Judgement. He was on the Bajan truck this year. Yesterday he was interviewed with WLIB around 5'o clock. I mean this man is the in New York for Labor Day and did not perform at one show. What is wrong with this picture?

BajanFete

"I wuk up on uuuuuuuu (WUK UP WUK UP)" I remember that song i seen him perform it one time he come out in white wig wit curls real nice, and how can i forget Titantic.

Credits

Adrian Scheduled to Perform in Miami.... OpaLocka on de Saturday.... at Jamfest.....

So SSS and BajanFeTE I hope tuh see yuh deh!!!

SSS
    Credits

As Rupee sing "I just got to be there" and Lil Rick "Down behind the truck". How could I forget the most important part "WUKKING UP"