Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Closeness between Cousins of the Opposite Sex

  1. #1
    SweetfuhDayz agroDOLCE's Avatar agroDOLCE is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    9,235
    Credits
    836,172,921

    Closeness between Cousins of the Opposite Sex

    Anyone here close with a family member (non-sibling) of the opposite sex? How frequently do you talk? By what means? How often do you see each other? What makes your bond so special? Do people ever wonder whether there's more to your relationship than there is?
    you don't have to disrespect or insult others simply to hold your own ground. if you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -rh
    -------------
    Everybody canít be in my head/ Everybody canít sleep in my bed/
    Everybody canít be up in my face/ Everybody canít be all in my space
    Now I might fuss a lilí bit, cuss a lilí bit/You know this, yeah...
    I donít want nobody but you...
    -------------
    oh, you twerk? b___, i vogue.

  2. #2
    Players Play I Coach Swollen's Avatar Swollen is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,730
    Credits
    154,639,656
    Now we talking I'm interested with your question so you go 1st...

  3. #3
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    Anyone here close with a family member (non-sibling) of the opposite sex? How frequently do you talk? By what means? How often do you see each other? What makes your bond so special? Do people ever wonder whether there's more to your relationship than there is?
    sibling? incestuous?

  4. #4
    SweetfuhDayz agroDOLCE's Avatar agroDOLCE is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    9,235
    Credits
    836,172,921
    well I'm now witnessing a cousin relationship that looks like if they weren't cousins they might as well be dating. it could just be b/c I don't have any background info on the dynamics of the relationship, etc. they live in different states but seem awfully close. they didn't know each other growing up, connected a few years ago at a family function, and started becoming close over the past year and a half or so when one was visiting the other's city. the dynamic is just very odd to me. like none I've seen before so I just want to see if anyone else is that close w/ a cousin or other family member (other than a sibling).
    you don't have to disrespect or insult others simply to hold your own ground. if you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -rh
    -------------
    Everybody canít be in my head/ Everybody canít sleep in my bed/
    Everybody canít be up in my face/ Everybody canít be all in my space
    Now I might fuss a lilí bit, cuss a lilí bit/You know this, yeah...
    I donít want nobody but you...
    -------------
    oh, you twerk? b___, i vogue.

  5. #5
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    well I'm now witnessing a cousin relationship that looks like if they weren't cousins they might as well be dating. it could just be b/c I don't have any background info on the dynamics of the relationship, etc. they live in different states but seem awfully close. they didn't know each other growing up, connected a few years ago at a family function, and started becoming close over the past year and a half or so when one was visiting the other's city. the dynamic is just very odd to me. like none I've seen before so I just want to see if anyone else is that close w/ a cousin or other family member (other than a sibling).
    chances are, it may be a case of genetic attraction.

    i dont know how to categorize it, people say it is abnormal, but then it happens to often not to be not normal (driving by innate tendencies vs societal norms)

  6. #6
    Cervical Cancer M…CHANT LOUP's Avatar M…CHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,433,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    chances are, it may be a case of genetic attraction.

    i dont know how to categorize it, people say it is abnormal, but then it happens to often not to be not normal (driving by innate tendencies vs societal norms)

    It might just be exactly that...probably have a very fond admiration for each other especially if they're in same age bracket.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows M…CHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    M…CHANT LOUP like women? The only thing M…CHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    M…CHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  7. #7
    SweetfuhDayz agroDOLCE's Avatar agroDOLCE is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    9,235
    Credits
    836,172,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    chances are, it may be a case of genetic attraction.

    i dont know how to categorize it, people say it is abnormal, but then it happens to often not to be not normal (driving by innate tendencies vs societal norms)
    interesting. so what seems to happen in most cases like that? you just go on living your whole life being attracted to your family member but not crossing any lines? or do people end up crossing those lines-- well I'm sure some do. but it's just odd to me

    Quote Originally Posted by M…CHANT LOUP View Post

    It might just be exactly that...probably have a very fond admiration for each other especially if they're in same age bracket.
    and they are in the same age bracket. interesting indeed.

    have either of you ever experienced that? mechant, especially you given that you mentioned that age bracket thing?
    you don't have to disrespect or insult others simply to hold your own ground. if you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -rh
    -------------
    Everybody canít be in my head/ Everybody canít sleep in my bed/
    Everybody canít be up in my face/ Everybody canít be all in my space
    Now I might fuss a lilí bit, cuss a lilí bit/You know this, yeah...
    I donít want nobody but you...
    -------------
    oh, you twerk? b___, i vogue.

  8. #8
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    interesting. so what seems to happen in most cases like that? you just go on living your whole life being attracted to your family member but not crossing any lines? or do people end up crossing those lines-- well I'm sure some do. but it's just odd to me



    and they are in the same age bracket. interesting indeed.

    have either of you ever experienced that? mechant, especially you given that you mentioned that age bracket thing?
    i dont know what usually happens,

    i guess maybe they go winning at carnival, and may be even kiss, but not go all the way, you know like girls who just little bit too friendly with each other

  9. #9
    SweetfuhDayz agroDOLCE's Avatar agroDOLCE is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    9,235
    Credits
    836,172,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    i dont know what usually happens,

    i guess maybe they go winning at carnival, and may be even kiss, but not go all the way, you know like girls who just little bit too friendly with each other
    LOL. maybe.

    I actually just read up on is...GSA. it specifically said that it usually happens w/ family who don't grow up together and meet as adults. learn something new every day. I haven't experienced it, but witnessing it has been odd to me
    you don't have to disrespect or insult others simply to hold your own ground. if you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -rh
    -------------
    Everybody canít be in my head/ Everybody canít sleep in my bed/
    Everybody canít be up in my face/ Everybody canít be all in my space
    Now I might fuss a lilí bit, cuss a lilí bit/You know this, yeah...
    I donít want nobody but you...
    -------------
    oh, you twerk? b___, i vogue.

  10. #10
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    LOL. maybe.

    I actually just read up on is...GSA. it specifically said that it usually happens w/ family who don't grow up together and meet as adults. learn something new every day. I haven't experienced it, but witnessing it has been odd to me
    honestly, i dont see how it doesnt happen more often, given west indian men tendencies.

  11. #11
    SweetfuhDayz agroDOLCE's Avatar agroDOLCE is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    9,235
    Credits
    836,172,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    honestly, i dont see how it doesnt happen more often, given west indian men tendencies.
    or maybe it does and the parties just keep it to themselves. I have some family members that apparently found out that they were family while they were dating. they still got married. -__- seems like a lot of incest goes on in some latin American countries. this case is a little different than the whole cousins thing, but my aunt had two foster children who had children for their father. they were younger than their teens or early teens. smh. one daughter kept the child and the other gave her child up for adoption. the father is currently in jail. smh...just sad
    you don't have to disrespect or insult others simply to hold your own ground. if you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -rh
    -------------
    Everybody canít be in my head/ Everybody canít sleep in my bed/
    Everybody canít be up in my face/ Everybody canít be all in my space
    Now I might fuss a lilí bit, cuss a lilí bit/You know this, yeah...
    I donít want nobody but you...
    -------------
    oh, you twerk? b___, i vogue.

  12. #12
    Cervical Cancer M…CHANT LOUP's Avatar M…CHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,433,584
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    and they are in the same age bracket. interesting indeed.

    have either of you ever experienced that? mechant, especially you given that you mentioned that age bracket thing?

    No, I have not...but giving the commonolgy of "pumpkin vine" family association, it's properly more frequent than we think.

    I also, think there's a Protection & Guardianship aspect to it. Like the dynamic when a younger sister has a Hot older brother or Older brother with a Hot younger sister.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows M…CHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    M…CHANT LOUP like women? The only thing M…CHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    M…CHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  13. #13
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    well I'm now witnessing a cousin relationship that looks like if they weren't cousins they might as well be dating. it could just be b/c I don't have any background info on the dynamics of the relationship, etc. they live in different states but seem awfully close. they didn't know each other growing up, connected a few years ago at a family function, and started becoming close over the past year and a half or so when one was visiting the other's city. the dynamic is just very odd to me. like none I've seen before so I just want to see if anyone else is that close w/ a cousin or other family member (other than a sibling).
    I have 2 cousins that at intervals the relationship was very close (to the point that some felt the way you do). Both older than me, one by just over a year, the other 3-4 years. The one with whom I'm closer in age with, we grew up fairly close and always had a very strong bond and we were tight like brother and sister. The other was always nice to me growing up and always had her head on. She always had a kind loving spirit that endeared her to everyone. As we grew older our bond grew stronger. I can't really explain the bond but I can understand why if an outsider saw us relate their mind could drift into unsavory quarters. I would have never considered any kinda incestuous vibes with either tho. I think because people cant grasp these relationships they often see them for being something they are not. Sometimes they might be right tho, but I don't imagine that to be often.
    Space available for RENT

  14. #14
    Dragon Singh IslandmixUSA's Avatar IslandmixUSA is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    17,886
    Credits
    -477,888,512
    You bullin yuh cousin ?

  15. #15
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandmixUSA View Post
    You bullin yuh cousin ?
    I would have never considered any kinda incestuous vibes with either tho.
    Space available for RENT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •