Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which City Has The Most Dynamic WI Presence? Toronto or NYC?

Credits

Which City Has The Most Dynamic WI Presence? Toronto or NYC?

??????

Credits
    toronto easily

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy V. View Post
    toronto easily
    Oh really?

Why is that?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Oh really?

Why is that?
    more per capita than ny, and the overall canadian culture is more opening to foreigners

Credits
    more per capita than ny, and the overall canadian culture is more opening to foreigners
    After Hispanics, West Indians are the largest foreign-born group in NYC so idk about there being more per-capita in Toronto, I doubt Blacks in general are more than 10% of the population there.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

NaturalBornRidah
    toronto easily
    Might be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    After Hispanics, West Indians are the largest foreign-born group in NYC so idk about there being more per-capita in Toronto, I doubt Blacks in general are more than 10% of the population there.
    New York has always had the largest population of blacks in a city.Even if blacks are not the largest black population in Toronto they still make a big impact and influence culture wise,''Caribbanna'' is the highest grossing event in Toronto.West Indian culture does not resonate through out NYC unless you are in certain parts of Brooklyn. Are you forgetting that half the blacks in NYC are African American while in Toronto most if not 90% are West Indian or Caribbean.

My picks are either Toronto or London.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    Might be true.

New York has always had the largest population of blacks in a city.Even if blacks are not the largest black population in Toronto they still make a big impact and influence culture wise,''Caribbanna'' is the highest grossing event in Toronto.
    And Labour Day is the largest-attended parade in NYC, and is MORE attended than Caribana

West Indian culture does not resonate through out NYC unless you are in certain parts of Brooklyn. Are you forgetting that half the blacks in NYC are African American while in Toronto most if not 90% are West Indian or Caribbean.
    West Indians can be found in large numbers in Brooklyn, Queens and parts of the Bronx as well as Long Island and Westchester. No, WI culture doesn't resonate throughout all aspects of NYC but I doubt it does in Toronto either. How much has WI culture impacted the Greeks there? Or the Eastern Europeans? or the East Asians? South Asians?

My picks are either Toronto or London.
    If this was 1985 I would have probably picked London as well, but the UK Caribbean culture IMO has been diluted through lack of immigration and intermarriage with White people. Caribbean-British people are in their 3rd, going on 4th generation and are starting to come like Nuyorican-Puerto Ricans are here.
    Last edited by SKBai1991; 10-31-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    labour day is only more attended cus ny has a bigger population than toronto, but like i said per capita toronto has more and the influence is undeniable...just listen to how the yutes talk vs nyc yutes...listen to the music they listen to. in ny west indian culture gets overshadowed by afro american culture, in toronto theres is no really such thing as afro canadian so its just west indians that run tings when it comes to black ppl...as for london the black people there are much more influenced by african culture cus of huge numbers of nigerians, ghanians etc and even have african trucks at their carnival so that takes away from the west indian dominance

Credits
    Greater Toronto area population: 2-5 million...

NYC alone population: 8 million.....

More peeps of West Indian heritage by far in NYC.

I think T.O. has the largest group of Filipinos outside of the Philippines, like NYC has the largest group of Jews outsides of Israel.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    labour day is only more attended cus ny has a bigger population than toronto, but like i said per capita toronto has more and the influence is undeniable...just listen to how the yutes talk vs nyc yutes...listen to the music they listen to. in ny west indian culture gets overshadowed by afro american culture, in toronto theres is no really such thing as afro canadian so its just west indians that run tings when it comes to black ppl...as for london the black people there are much more influenced by african culture cus of huge numbers of nigerians, ghanians etc and even have african trucks at their carnival so that takes away from the west indian dominance

I feel ur coming from, buh I disagree...it is said that 2 million people come into nyc to enjoy the labor day weekend festivities. I doubt 2 million people coming into T.O for Caribana.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    How could NYC culture be dominated by Afro American culture when there are not that many Aframs in the city? btw Toronto is very West Indian and even the whites are influenced by it....also the Sri Lankans are very influenced by Indo West Indians in TO.
    Last edited by SWAGGERIFIC; 10-31-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Credits
    over 5 million people live in toronto, and thats excluding the burbs like barrie, whitby etc...if ur talkin numbers then nyc win, but if you're talkin influence toronto wins easily...toronto gets over 1.3 visitors each year for caribana on average. obviously ny will get more visitors cause most people come down to visit they fam for the weekend etc and ny just a bigger city. if toronto was the same size as ny, who would get more visitors?

Credits
    to me in NYC, there are a lot of hidden west indians.. meaning black americans on the surface but when you check it deeply they have west indian roots.. which is evident when Labor day comes around.. you find out all who grandmother or mother is west indian.. other times they just blend in..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari;4120028[B
    ]to me in NYC, there are a lot of hidden west indians[/B].. meaning black americans on the surface but when you check it deeply they have west indian roots.. which is evident when Labor day comes around.. you find out all who grandmother or mother is west indian.. other times they just blend in..
    Hidden W.I's..yeah right...half of these people be lying...they sometimes just choose an island to represent every year but dey eh no West Indian...I know in Toronto the youths know how to buss down into patois rel good and its natural....Toronto also has the biggest Soca scene outside of the Caribbean...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    Hidden W.I's..yeah right...half of these people be lying...they sometimes just choose an island to represent every year but dey eh no West Indian...I know in Toronto the youths know how to buss down into patois rel good and its natural....Toronto also has the biggest Soca scene outside of the Caribbean...
    Naw, she has a point. There are a lot of third, fourth, or fifth generation WI in NYC, and many of them don't know or acknowledge it. I doubt they are the majority of blacks though. A good number of them though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast