Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: citizenship & voting rights.......

Credits

citizenship & voting rights.......

Okay, I just found out, by someone in the government, that I, (a Puerto Rican woman, considered a citizen by the US) have to "apply" for citizenship if I want the right to vote. What kind of schupidness is that? So I said, "do i need to do the lengthy process" and he said, "no, all u have to do is go to a lawyer, sign some paperwork, take the test, and if you pass your status changes into the one of a US Citizen"

Now mind you I have a US passport, I have a social security # and I don't need a visa to work. So how is it that I have to take a test to become a citizen and vote.

See, but if they go to war I don't need to become a citizen, they'll just ship me off to war no questions asked. sssttteeeuuuppppppsssss.

Credits
    dats fackin' crazy...if you're a citizen you can vote.
    i was born in mexico but since my dad is puerto rican, i am considered a 'citizen born aboard' & i can vote...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by spicydimples
    dats fackin' crazy...if you're a citizen you can vote.
    i was born in mexico but since my dad is puerto rican, i am considered a 'citizen born aboard' & i can vote...
    nope i cannot vote, I tried to register 3 times, I cannot vote. I just think is crazy that I can apply for a job as a citizen, but I need to go through imigrations, do a citizenship test and pass it in order for me to vote. This country is crazy. ssstteeuuupppssssss

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taina
    nope i cannot vote, I tried to register 3 times, I cannot vote. I just think is crazy that I can apply for a job as a citizen, but I need to go through imigrations, do a citizenship test and pass it in order for me to vote. This country is crazy. ssstteeuuupppssssss
    that is absolutely crazy!!! i have NEVER heard that in my life...until now!!!

Credits
    Okay, I just found out, by someone in the government, that I, (a Puerto Rican woman, considered a citizen by the US) have to "apply" for citizenship if I want the right to vote. What kind of schupidness is that? So I said, "do i need to do the lengthy process" and he said, "no, all u have to do is go to a lawyer, sign some paperwork, take the test, and if you pass your status changes into the one of a US Citizen"

Now mind you I have a US passport, I have a social security # and I don't need a visa to work. So how is it that I have to take a test to become a citizen and vote.

See, but if they go to war I don't need to become a citizen, they'll just ship me off to war no questions asked. sssttteeeuuuppppppsssss.

But I cannot understand that. I have a relative that was born in the U.S Virgin Islands and he is a registered voter here and he did not have to claim citizenship. You need to talk to someone at Immigration. Cause the people that I work with they were born in Puerto Rico they can vote as well.

Sounds like Jim Crow Laws

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MoNi
    But I cannot understand that. I have a relative that was born in the U.S Virgin Islands and he is a registered voter here and he did not have to claim citizenship. You need to talk to someone at Immigration. Cause the people that I work with they were born in Puerto Rico they can vote as well.

Sounds like Jim Crow Laws

I don't know what it is, sometimes I feel like they're just out to aggrivate me.

Credits
    I don't know what it is, sometimes I feel like they're just out to aggrivate me.

Who is telling you that?? Immigration?? Call them and find out what is the law.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MoNi
    Who is telling you that?? Immigration?? Call them and find out what is the law.
    I will have to verify the info, cuz I'm getting vexed over here.

Credits
    America the beautiful...."ask not what your country can do for you.....but how much does a beer cost during lunch...." ( the crowd roars) during Presidential hopeful Larry b's speech.... its crazy....they can request certain things from you...like kill in the name of "freedom." but when time to get small tings like citizenship its a hassle....No wonder they had Ray Charles....( a blind man) sing America the beautiful all these years....Chucky was trying to make a statement......J cah see all this bullshit....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    America the beautiful...."ask not what your country can do for you.....but how much does a beer cost during lunch...." ( the crowd roars) during Presidential hopeful Larry b's speech.... its crazy....they can request certain things from you...like kill in the name of "freedom." but when time to get small tings like citizenship its a hassle....No wonder they had Ray Charles....( a blind man) sing America the beautiful all these years....Chucky was trying to make a statement......J cah see all this bullshit....

Credits
    Crazy....I tellyuh...!!!

There's goes the answer to ppl that want to "clasify" Puerto Rican's as American...

I KNEW IT!!!

US GOVT IS WHACKED!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    Crazy....I tellyuh...!!!

There's goes the answer to ppl that want to "clasify" Puerto Rican's as American...

I KNEW IT!!!

US GOVT IS WHACKED!

u see why i'm here getting vexed. this is insane.

BTW HI ANGIEEEEEEE

Credits
    u see why i'm here getting vexed. this is insane.

BTW HI ANGIEEEEEEE

Hola..!!

I can't believe that...!!! Now I have an answer for ppl when they say...well your family is considered American US Citizens..that shite is nonsense...

That gets me vexed...!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    Hola..!!

I can't believe that...!!! Now I have an answer for ppl when they say...well your family is considered American US Citizens..that shite is nonsense...

That gets me vexed...!!!
    yep, I'm having some issues with this.

Under the only Mango Tree, Brooklyn NY & Trinidad
    Credits

is d spanish bumpa u have that causing the mix up
    DJ Kaotic International
    www.kaoticinternational.com
    Live every Sunday on www.Carib101Radio.com
    6pm - 8pm EST
    Sweet Soca Sunday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast