Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dollbabi
  • 1 Post By ladyrastafari
  • 2 Post By triniameri
  • 1 Post By ladyrastafari

Thread: Christmas Gifts..... and you..

Credits

Christmas Gifts..... and you..

Well it's Christmas Eve.. and by now i assume you've done your christmas shopping so....

----what have you bought for your fam, friends, loved ones etc...??

--- what's on your christmas list (as in what do YOU want)??

--- What have you bought yourself for christmas??

---what do you hope doesn't make it into your gift pile (and what you may regift if you receive it... like all those gifts you not really into)????

---do you give anything for charity? if so to which ones.. if not usually, would you do so this year, whether it's by donating toys to a pediatric ward in a hospital, or childrens home or visiting the elderly in a nursing home..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Top thing on my fam list I bought.

First son - Black Ops 2
    Second son - Nabi tablet
    Wife - Google Nexus 7
    Myself - Samsung Galaxy tab (got Galaxy tab for me before the Nexus 7 went on sale for wifee) real vex.

My list? hell wid everything else just hope wifee bought me Fifa 13.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    bought my dad and brother each a pair of converse and thats about it...the rest of the fam is in BIM.

i got an olympus tough waterproof camera already and my bro bought me a guess watch.

Credits
    I am finished except for hubby. We're both doing something very small for each other and not buying anything for ourselves. We're far from our families so our gifts are for...

A foster child - pink sweater, hello kitty purse with hello kitty makeup bag, little nail polish & lip gloss. I'm most excited about this gift. She's a very sweet, intelligent child. Her mother is in rehab and her father lives out of state. We also feel that the foster mother (our friend's mother) is often mean/abrasive towards her. So we're excited to give her something.

Our friends' daughters (20 months and 10 yrs) - gifts cards for both to Children's place. The parents are struggling financially so we figured that would help.

Mother of the girls above - mall gift card (she never really gets anything for herself)

Friend's baby - a little dress & tights. This is the only child not in need, but it's more of a thank you to our friends for being good friends.

Oh yes...and gonna wire some money to meh grandma.

That's it!
    notorious saga likes this.

Credits
    aww those are thoughtful gifts dollbaby...

and seems like everybody has decided to not break the bank this year...

my friends and i are having a gift exchange not to exceed a particular amount so i got them a variety of things suited to their interest that everybody will use... nothing to sit on the shelf.. - cookbooks, sweaters, scarves, pocketbooks, bath sets etc etc.. plus things like bottles of mixes - rum punch, punch a creme etc etc made by yours truly

have to get my parents something today...

my sister got jewelry and clothes...

my brother will be getting some tech stuff

for myself, well i got same shit as for my friends.. just more of it.. a wifi connection and will be getting the ps3

i have no expectations as for the gifts i will recieve... just preparing to be suprised..
    dollbabi likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    Well it's Christmas Eve.. and by now i assume you've done your christmas shopping so....

all the gifts are for my daughter ; she only really wanted expensive basketball shoes and money to do shopping after Christmas but I got her some stocking stuffers as well as Pink Friday Perfume set, jewelry, Ciate Caviar nailpoish set and those damn ugly Doc Martens everyone wearing

Nice watch and some gold bangles...maybe after the holidays I will splurge on myself

nada

---what do you hope doesn't make it into your gift pile (and what you may regift if you receive it... like all those gifts you not really into)????

I appreciate anything someone gives me not really looking for gifts

---do you give anything for charity? if so to which ones.. if not usually, would you do so this year, whether it's by donating toys to a pediatric ward in a hospital, or childrens home or visiting the elderly in a nursing home..

Christmas baskets with my church that include donated coats and new hat/glove/scarf sets and toys

Also scarf/glove sets for some elderly clients of my Dads that don't have family

notorious saga and dollbabi like this.
    And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    oh yea that reminds me.. the charity bit... will be buying some toys for the kids in the Peds ward also giving to March of Dimes, the Food Bank NYC and St Judes.
    dollbabi likes this.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I donated to the United Way Campaign, but that's about it.
    My daughter pretty much got what she asked Santa, even though I threatened her yesterday that I was sending him an urgent naughty list message. She got Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Team Umizumi software to go with her Innotab, Clawdeen from Monster High Ghouls Rule, 3 movies (Brave, Alvin and the Chimpmunks 3 and Finding Nemo 'remastered version'), a cake pop set, a Baby Alive Baby Wanna Walk, and an arts and crafts set since she's into drawing. I know there's something else, but I can't remember I know I did say I was going to buy her a pair of Jordans (the cute girly looking ones).

My parents...I have no idea what to get them since my mother stays in TJ Maxx every other week, and my father I think if I gave him something Redskins he'll be happy. My in-laws, I'll leave that up to him. My Granny and Grandpa, again people who have everything so not sure what to get them. I bought them a gift card to a restaurant one year and they gave it back to me. My other family members, trinkets to have around the house.

As far as my list goes, I told him a perfume set (been leaving hints around the house for which one) and a crockpot (since he destroyed my other one earlier this year ). If I get anything extra happy wife.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    I donated to the United Way Campaign, but that's about it.
    My daughter pretty much got what she asked Santa, even though I threatened her yesterday that I was sending him an urgent naughty list message. She got Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Team Umizumi software to go with her Innotab, Clawdeen from Monster High Ghouls Rule, 3 movies (Brave, Alvin and the Chimpmunks 3 and Finding Nemo 'remastered version'), a cake pop set, a Baby Alive Baby Wanna Walk, and an arts and crafts set since she's into drawing. I know there's something else, but I can't remember I know I did say I was going to buy her a pair of Jordans (the cute girly looking ones).

My parents...I have no idea what to get them since my mother stays in TJ Maxx every other week, and my father I think if I gave him something Redskins he'll be happy. My in-laws, I'll leave that up to him. My Granny and Grandpa, again people who have everything so not sure what to get them. I bought them a gift card to a restaurant one year and they gave it back to me. My other family members, trinkets to have around the house.

As far as my list goes, I told him a perfume set (been leaving hints around the house for which one) and a crockpot (since he destroyed my other one earlier this year ). If I get anything extra happy wife.
    I stop get people gift cards to specific places, I give them visa they could take that an go wherever the hell the want. I can't be bothered.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    I got my son a nabi tablet hopes he will leave my ipad alone.
    My mom a north face jacket pops music gear gift cards for every1 else. I dont think I can deal with any more toys in my house my son has way to much toys. I dont no more old navy pull overs have to much and I hate them.
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    I stop get people gift cards to specific places, I give them visa they could take that an go wherever the hell the want. I can't be bothered.
    Watch that'll end up being in my birthday card saying "here, spend it on yourself."

Credits
    Mom - a new bag
    Dad - gold watch
    Mom/Dad - Dvd/vcr for their bedroom
    sisters - gift cards to their fave spots
    I'm getting myself - swarovski crystal necklace/earrings...camera...and maybe a trip to MIA

As for donations, I give things away year round so it's not specific to the holidays

Taj
    Credits
    gifts clothes accessories. for others

I donate all through the year so nothing more to give right now

not really expecting anything for myself since I had no serious list of things i want/need. I needed a new hdmi cord and I'm guessing that's what I'll get.

this year i got kinda rushed and i just not even going to kill myself trying in the last minute thing. People know I love them and that should be enough.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post

too much to list

nada

px90 10min daily workout

nada

I give to the united way, salvation army, and good will all year long