Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown Sentenced to Five Years Probation for Rihanna Assault

Credits

Chris Brown Sentenced to Five Years Probation for Rihanna Assault

By Chris Richburg

The assault case against Chris Brown entered a new phase as the R&B singer/actor was sentenced to five years’ probation and six months’ community labor Tuesday (August 25) for beating his former girlfriend, Rihanna.

Rihanna was not present for the hearing as Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg also ordered Brown to stay 100 yards away from the R&B/pop diva for five years unless they are attending music industry events.

In this case, the pair can come within 10 yards of each other. Brown will serve his probation sentence in his home state of Virginia.

The 20-year-old crooner’s community labor will be at the Commonwealth Catholic Charities in Richmond, VA, where Schnegg ensured that Brown will take a yearlong domestic violence course and perform physical labor rather than community service.

As part of Brown’s probation, he must stay in touch with a probation officer in Los Angeles and is subject to search and seizure at any time over the next five years.

In addition, the crooner cannot own any dangerous weapons, including guns or knives and must provide DNA samples as requested by authorities.

Brown’s sentence also calls for him to get prior approval before leaving the country. If the singer violates any part of his sentence, he could be sent to state prison.

News of Brown’s sentencing is the latest development following the singer’s violent encounter with Rihanna prior to this year’s Grammy Awards.

According to a probation report prepared for the hearing, the couple was involved in heated exchanges in the past. Three months prior to the February altercation, an incident occurred when Brown and Rihanna were traveling in Europe.

The report noted how Brown shoved Rihanna into a wall after the songbird slapped him during an argument.

Another incident documented in the report centered on Brown allegedly breaking the front and passenger side windows on a Range Rover driven by the couple while visiting Rihanna’s native Barbados.

Neither incidents were not reported, according to the probation report.

Musically, Brown is working on new material for his upcoming album, Graffiti.

The songs “Changed Man”and“Not My Fault” have struck a nerve with music fans, as lyrics from both songs seem to address Brown’s current drama.

A rep for Brown’s label, Jive Records, revealed that “Changed Man” was recorded before Brown’s assault case, while “Not My Fault” and another track “Smash” were actually demo tracks that were not intended for release.
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    I submit what is more heinous:

Deliberately beating a girlfriend and getting 5 years probation or

Accidentally shooting yourself in the leg and getting 2 years prison time.
    And both admitted to their crimes
    I'd personally switch the sentences, but that's me.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious

www.lavepunch.com

Credits
    5 years probation.........he got nuff time to fock up
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

T-MAKAA
    I dont understand how he is prevented from being around her for 5 years. Nuff men I know who beat them woman arent given that space when prosecuted. It doesnt seem like she pushed for it either..unless she did and trying to change her mind now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I dont understand how he is prevented from being around her for 5 years. Nuff men I know who beat them woman arent given that space when prosecuted. It doesnt seem like she pushed for it either..unless she did and trying to change her mind now.
    she never pushed for it but the judge imposed it.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Nah she never wanted it but it wasn't up to her.

5 years and the ppl he hangs out with DUI, weed possession, beating someone else etc etc

Plus if they thought they would be able to reconcile and renew the same pattern this judge is giving them enough time to basically forget about each other.
    5yrs is a long time to hold a flame when the penalty for rekindling is jailtime.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Ya know, the worst thing about this is that she should have came out and said that she was whooping his ass in the car and he eventually lost it...she knows thats what happened and she is letting him take the blame for this all by himself....that is the sad part, he shouldn't want to have anything to do with her

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Ya know, the worst thing about this is that she should have came out and said that she was whooping his ass in the car and he eventually lost it...she knows thats what happened and she is letting him take the blame for this all by himself....that is the sad part, he shouldn't want to have anything to do with her
    damn for real?!

You had to have been in the car...what else happened?
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I submit what is more heinous:

Deliberately beating a girlfriend and getting 5 years probation or

Accidentally shooting yourself in the leg and getting 2 years prison time.
    And both admitted to their crimes
    I'd personally switch the sentences, but that's me.

Any SEASONED criminal wil tell u....

2 yrs prison time, is better than 5 yrs probation.

when u do ur time, ur done end of story. sh!t, u might out get 6-8 months earlier.

5 yrs probation is a long time to be restricted from living a normal life.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post

when u do ur time, ur done end of story. sh!t, u might out get 6-8 months earlier.

Im sure Plaxico will be happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
    But I beg to differ cause even after Plaxico serves his time he must adhere to some rules as a parolee.

But there is some substance to your statement, CB will have to walk the straight and narrow or risk going to jail/prison. And that is hard.
    Does he have to submit to drug and alcohol testing during the probation?

I'd like to read the stipulations of his prob.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious

www.lavepunch.com

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    damn for real?!

You had to have been in the car...what else happened?
    Please, Rihanna look like she easy to deal wit! Yea right, and she had just found the text and all dat crap...if u think yelling at a sane man would make him beat u like that, then carry on my girl...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post

Some people don't have social lives, so 5 years probation may not be harsh of a punishment.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Im sure Plaxico will be happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
    But I beg to differ cause even after Plaxico serves his time he must adhere to some rules as a parolee.

But there is some substance to your statement, CB will have to walk the straight and narrow or risk going to jail/prison. And that is hard.
    Does he have to submit to drug and alcohol testing during the probation?
    I'd like to read the stipulations of his prob.
    and he will have to deal with random sieze and searches
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Please, Rihanna look like she easy to deal wit! Yea right, and she had just found the text and all dat crap...if u think yelling at a sane man would make him beat u like that, then carry on my girl...
    I don't know Rihanna, but you obviously know her and Chris quite well. I mean.... ofcourse she beat up Chris.... that's why she was all bruised up and he wasnt't. Ofcourse Chris loves her so much, that must be the reason why he never divulged that she beat him up in the courts. That has to be the reason why he pleaded guilty.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    and he will have to deal with random sieze and searches

I don't know Rihanna, but you obviously know her and Chris quite well. I mean.... ofcourse she beat up Chris.... that's why she was all bruised up and he wasnt't. Ofcourse Chris loves her so much, that must be the reason why he never divulged that she beat him up in the courts. That has to be the reason why he pleaded guilty.
    Yes ur right, i was there, i saw it all! lol

Credits
    I hear that they still fucking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast