Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Chris Brown Sentenced to Five Years Probation for Rihanna Assault

  1. #1
    Anonymous Riley Escobar's Avatar Riley Escobar is offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,280
    Credits
    1,560,696

    Chris Brown Sentenced to Five Years Probation for Rihanna Assault

    By Chris Richburg

    The assault case against Chris Brown entered a new phase as the R&B singer/actor was sentenced to five years’ probation and six months’ community labor Tuesday (August 25) for beating his former girlfriend, Rihanna.

    Rihanna was not present for the hearing as Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg also ordered Brown to stay 100 yards away from the R&B/pop diva for five years unless they are attending music industry events.

    In this case, the pair can come within 10 yards of each other. Brown will serve his probation sentence in his home state of Virginia.

    The 20-year-old crooner’s community labor will be at the Commonwealth Catholic Charities in Richmond, VA, where Schnegg ensured that Brown will take a yearlong domestic violence course and perform physical labor rather than community service.

    As part of Brown’s probation, he must stay in touch with a probation officer in Los Angeles and is subject to search and seizure at any time over the next five years.

    In addition, the crooner cannot own any dangerous weapons, including guns or knives and must provide DNA samples as requested by authorities.

    Brown’s sentence also calls for him to get prior approval before leaving the country. If the singer violates any part of his sentence, he could be sent to state prison.

    News of Brown’s sentencing is the latest development following the singer’s violent encounter with Rihanna prior to this year’s Grammy Awards.

    According to a probation report prepared for the hearing, the couple was involved in heated exchanges in the past. Three months prior to the February altercation, an incident occurred when Brown and Rihanna were traveling in Europe.

    The report noted how Brown shoved Rihanna into a wall after the songbird slapped him during an argument.

    Another incident documented in the report centered on Brown allegedly breaking the front and passenger side windows on a Range Rover driven by the couple while visiting Rihanna’s native Barbados.

    Neither incidents were not reported, according to the probation report.

    Musically, Brown is working on new material for his upcoming album, Graffiti.

    The songs “Changed Man”and“Not My Fault” have struck a nerve with music fans, as lyrics from both songs seem to address Brown’s current drama.

    A rep for Brown’s label, Jive Records, revealed that “Changed Man” was recorded before Brown’s assault case, while “Not My Fault” and another track “Smash” were actually demo tracks that were not intended for release.
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

  2. #2
    Banned Conscious's Avatar Conscious is offline
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the road to Progress
    Posts
    9,270
    Credits
    2,735,494
    I submit what is more heinous:

    Deliberately beating a girlfriend and getting 5 years probation or

    Accidentally shooting yourself in the leg and getting 2 years prison time.
    And both admitted to their crimes
    I'd personally switch the sentences, but that's me.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious



    www.lavepunch.com

  3. #3
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    5 years probation.........he got nuff time to fock up
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  4. #4
    T-MAKAA
    Guest
    I dont understand how he is prevented from being around her for 5 years. Nuff men I know who beat them woman arent given that space when prosecuted. It doesnt seem like she pushed for it either..unless she did and trying to change her mind now.

  5. #5
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I dont understand how he is prevented from being around her for 5 years. Nuff men I know who beat them woman arent given that space when prosecuted. It doesnt seem like she pushed for it either..unless she did and trying to change her mind now.
    she never pushed for it but the judge imposed it.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  6. #6
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I dont understand how he is prevented from being around her for 5 years. Nuff men I know who beat them woman arent given that space when prosecuted. It doesnt seem like she pushed for it either..unless she did and trying to change her mind now.
    Nah she never wanted it but it wasn't up to her.

    5 years and the ppl he hangs out with DUI, weed possession, beating someone else etc etc

    Plus if they thought they would be able to reconcile and renew the same pattern this judge is giving them enough time to basically forget about each other.
    5yrs is a long time to hold a flame when the penalty for rekindling is jailtime.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  7. #7
    Registered User Minxy is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    30,928
    Credits
    17,544,930
    Ya know, the worst thing about this is that she should have came out and said that she was whooping his ass in the car and he eventually lost it...she knows thats what happened and she is letting him take the blame for this all by himself....that is the sad part, he shouldn't want to have anything to do with her

  8. #8
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Ya know, the worst thing about this is that she should have came out and said that she was whooping his ass in the car and he eventually lost it...she knows thats what happened and she is letting him take the blame for this all by himself....that is the sad part, he shouldn't want to have anything to do with her
    damn for real?!

    You had to have been in the car...what else happened?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  9. #9
    Cervical Cancer MÉCHANT LOUP's Avatar MÉCHANT LOUP is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Black Forest.......
    Posts
    36,268
    Credits
    17,433,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I submit what is more heinous:

    Deliberately beating a girlfriend and getting 5 years probation or

    Accidentally shooting yourself in the leg and getting 2 years prison time.
    And both admitted to their crimes
    I'd personally switch the sentences, but that's me.

    Any SEASONED criminal wil tell u....

    2 yrs prison time, is better than 5 yrs probation.


    when u do ur time, ur done end of story. sh!t, u might out get 6-8 months earlier.

    5 yrs probation is a long time to be restricted from living a normal life.
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

    You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey


    Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

    MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey


    MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

  10. #10
    Banned Conscious's Avatar Conscious is offline
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the road to Progress
    Posts
    9,270
    Credits
    2,735,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Any SEASONED criminal wil tell u....

    2 yrs prison time, is better than 5 yrs probation.


    when u do ur time, ur done end of story. sh!t, u might out get 6-8 months earlier.

    5 yrs probation is a long time to be restricted from living a normal life.
    Im sure Plaxico will be happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
    But I beg to differ cause even after Plaxico serves his time he must adhere to some rules as a parolee.

    But there is some substance to your statement, CB will have to walk the straight and narrow or risk going to jail/prison. And that is hard.
    Does he have to submit to drug and alcohol testing during the probation?

    I'd like to read the stipulations of his prob.
    Those who want to see you fail are the fuel to your success!
    - Conscious



    www.lavepunch.com

  11. #11
    Registered User Minxy is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    30,928
    Credits
    17,544,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    damn for real?!

    You had to have been in the car...what else happened?
    Please, Rihanna look like she easy to deal wit! Yea right, and she had just found the text and all dat crap...if u think yelling at a sane man would make him beat u like that, then carry on my girl...

  12. #12
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Any SEASONED criminal wil tell u....

    2 yrs prison time, is better than 5 yrs probation.


    when u do ur time, ur done end of story. sh!t, u might out get 6-8 months earlier.

    5 yrs probation is a long time to be restricted from living a normal life.
    Some people don't have social lives, so 5 years probation may not be harsh of a punishment.

  13. #13
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Im sure Plaxico will be happy to hear your thoughts on this subject.
    But I beg to differ cause even after Plaxico serves his time he must adhere to some rules as a parolee.

    But there is some substance to your statement, CB will have to walk the straight and narrow or risk going to jail/prison. And that is hard.
    Does he have to submit to drug and alcohol testing during the probation?
    I'd like to read the stipulations of his prob.
    and he will have to deal with random sieze and searches
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Please, Rihanna look like she easy to deal wit! Yea right, and she had just found the text and all dat crap...if u think yelling at a sane man would make him beat u like that, then carry on my girl...
    I don't know Rihanna, but you obviously know her and Chris quite well. I mean.... ofcourse she beat up Chris.... that's why she was all bruised up and he wasnt't. Ofcourse Chris loves her so much, that must be the reason why he never divulged that she beat him up in the courts. That has to be the reason why he pleaded guilty.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  14. #14
    Registered User Minxy is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    30,928
    Credits
    17,544,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    and he will have to deal with random sieze and searches


    I don't know Rihanna, but you obviously know her and Chris quite well. I mean.... ofcourse she beat up Chris.... that's why she was all bruised up and he wasnt't. Ofcourse Chris loves her so much, that must be the reason why he never divulged that she beat him up in the courts. That has to be the reason why he pleaded guilty.
    Yes ur right, i was there, i saw it all! lol

  15. #15
    Registered User Skilz™'s Avatar Skilz™ is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,181
    Credits
    641,864
    I hear that they still fucking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •