Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese interracial relationships in teh caribbean..

Credits

Chinese interracial relationships in teh caribbean..

was just reading something that traced the origins of chinese caribbean folk... and they said in both TnT and Jamaica.. i was reading about jamaica that the chinese laborers and migrants married afro-jamaican women and had mixed race children but chinese women rarely married afro jamaican men.... and then I found myself thinking about it and every body i can think of off the top of my head, who has a black parent and a chinese parent... tends to have a black mother and a chinese father for real lol..and with other half chinee.. those who have chinese mothers don't have black fathers!

i wonder why the discrepancy..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Poca
    Are you really wondering about that or did you just wrote it for no real reason?

Anyway, it's probably because it is less accepted for Chinese women to get with non-Chinese men. Just like the Moslem, a man can marry a non Moslem but if a woman tries to or does marry a non Moslen it's not well seen nor really accepted. And since most women rather do not disturb their community and be the black sheep, they fall for the emotional blackmailing and do what they are expected to do.

The same applies to black women too. Do you see the kind of comments black men have when a black women relationship with a non black men ends? Sometimes, they don't even wait for it to end.

Credits
    The stigma and backlash from the communicity is more stinging for women...its the same in the black community.

ank
    Credits
    Why do you care about Chinese

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    Are you really wondering about that or did you just wrote it for no real reason?

Anyway, it's probably because it is less accepted for Chinese women to get with non-Chinese men. Just like the Moslem, a man can marry a non Moslem but if a woman tries to or does marry a non Moslen it's not well seen nor really accepted. And since most women rather do not disturb their community and be the black sheep, they fall for the emotional blackmailing and do what they are expected to do.

The same applies to black women too. Do you see the kind of comments black men have when a black women relationship with a non black men ends? Sometimes, they don't even wait for it to end.
    Lol

+1

NaturalBornRidah
    Many of my cousins have chinese in them.My cousin in my family has eyes so chinky we used to call black china.In Guyana there has been a recent influx of Chinese except they are merchants opening up appliance stores instead of working as laborers.

Kakez868

Moreless.

Credits
    dem chinee ignant no rass...

I memba dis chinee gal got pregnant fuh mi friend...

her family tried to kill her...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ank View Post
    Why do you care about Chinese
    if you dont have anything to contribute to the thread then come out... simple. don't worry about what i care about.. it's chinese not japanese!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits

did you really ask me this stupid fckin question? if i didnt wonder about it, then i wouldnt have wrote it... smh...

i was actually asking to ascertain how many people had friends or relatives with chinese mothers and other race=fathers.... or if it was the same as what i had observed with the mixed race children having chinese FATHERS.... please don't come firing off at the mouth this early on a sunday.. i want to keep it kosher..

as for the rest of your post, yea, maybe you're right, more stigma for the women.... but wouldnt the black women have gotten flack for going iwth the non black person.. den again with the colonial thinking it would be approved i'm sure cos the child wud come out with "good hair".. steups...

i dont know why black women continue to let black men define their dating choices yes.. smh... half of them arent good dating choices so on to the next!

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

LB
    Credits
    I have two friends who are chinese-jamaicans. In both cases it was the women marrying black jamaicans. But it wasnt so easy for them at all for their choices back in time. One of my friends her mother went thru hell and fire because she married a "dark" black man in JA.

At least with my other friend her grandmother and mother had sense to marry a light-skinned Jamaicans.....(pls get the sarcasm)
    So culturally men can do things women cannot with more ease or at the very least, less community backlash.
    I think that is the same in any traditonal community.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I have two friends who are chinese-jamaicans. In both cases it was the women marrying black jamaicans. But it wasnt so easy for them at all for their choices back in time. One of my friends her mother went thru hell and fire because she married a "dark" black man in JA.

At least with my other friend her grandmother and mother had sense to marry a light-skinned Jamaicans.....(pls get the sarcasm)
    So culturally men can do things women cannot with more ease or at the very least, less community backlash.
    I think that is the same in any traditonal community.
    hmm interesting.. and true...

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    At least two couples immediately come to my mind in reference to this thread....My uncle Stephen (Afro-Trini) and my aunt Diane (Chinese-Trini) and my neighbors who live a few houses down from me. The husband is also black and the wife Chinese. Both are Bajan however.
    The smell of reality still burns my nose...Not content until it smells like a rose.

El que lo siente, lo sabe

DSP
    Credits
    In most cultures, from a traditional perspective the woman is the pride and virtue of the man, not the other way around. This is probably why a woman would catch a hard time for going outside the culture/religion/race. It would be as if the man(or men) have nothing to be proud about or cherish if your woman/women are accessible to 'everybody'.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    In most cultures, from a traditional perspective the woman is the pride and virtue of the man, not the other way around. This is probably why a woman would catch a hard time for going outside the culture/religion/race. It would be as if the man(or men) have nothing to be proud about or cherish if your woman/women are accessible to 'everybody'.
    that about sums it up.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast