Chinese colonizing Africa?

Chinese building ghost cities in Angola

BBC News - Angola's Chinese-built ghost town
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Credits
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    They need to come Trinidad
    Corrupt file likes this.

DSP
    Credits
    Those cities are old news. Some people(including myself) really not down with building crowded cities and apt buildings without having land for people to grow things. Was discussing on another board that there should be a new approach to urban development instead of status quo. They built similar ghost/planned cities in China with planned move ins but those cities in China are still empty I think, maybe I should double check. Plus with the way the Chinese design windmills and other cheap items, I'm not sure I trust their building code. Putting up structures too fast that crumble and building things with cheap low quality parts kinda kills the confidence..lol.
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Those cities are old news. Some people(including myself) really not down with building crowded cities and apt buildings without having land for people to grow things. Was discussing on another board that there should be a new approach to urban development instead of status quo. They built similar ghost/planned cities in China with planned move ins but those cities in China are still empty I think, maybe I should double check. Plus with the way the Chinese design windmills and other cheap items, I'm not sure I trust their building code. Putting up structures too fast that crumble and building things with cheap low quality parts kinda kills the confidence..lol.
    but that is a organic growth though.

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    but that is a organic growth though.
    I disagree. Nobody's there and it looks like it's planned to be crowded(I do hope I'm wrong). Outdated planning, building cities like it's the 70s/80s/90s IMHO. Even it was organic, reducing living space doesnt' make sense. People need space.

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    I disagree. Nobody's there and it looks like it's planned to be crowded(I do hope I'm wrong). Outdated planning, building cities like it's the 70s/80s/90s IMHO. Even it was organic, reducing living space doesnt' make sense. People need space.
    i wasnt refering to angolan city, just saying cities grow organically, as farms become less labour intensive people have migrated to the urban areas.

as for the design.. doesnt look good at all. for such a large area, not sure why there are so many tower blocks.

i didnt want to agree with namey namey, but it seems as if the project is geared for an influx of people from abroad.

Juan Dan
    good tred
    its quite evident most of the folks on these forums are only interested in bullshit
    big up namey namey
    A.K.K.S. likes this.

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    i wasnt refering to angolan city, just saying cities grow organically, as farms become less labour intensive people have migrated to the urban areas.

as for the design.. doesnt look good at all. for such a large area, not sure why there are so many tower blocks.

i didnt want to agree with namey namey, but it seems as if the project is geared for an influx of people from abroad.
    I thought about that too. On another board info was posted where some of the buildings were designed for low income housing. That's what influenced my thoughts on 70s/80s/90s urban style planning. I don't like any type of 'futuristic' urban planning that doesnt involve some type of space for community/individual agriculture and activity. I loathe current practices of agribusiness and feel people should not be solely dependent on agribusiness for food supply. It's not a truly secure way to live.

Credits
    I thought about that too. On another board info was posted where some of the buildings were designed for low income housing. That's what influenced my thoughts on 70s/80s/90s urban style planning. I don't like any type of 'futuristic' urban planning that doesnt involve some type of space for community/individual agriculture and activity. I loathe current practices of agribusiness and feel people should not be solely dependent on agribusiness for food supply. It's not a truly secure way to live.
    not all are bad though, human have increased the amount of food being produced and reduced the human hardship involved in the production.

But i agree some of the practices are appauling. including the entire mono crop culture, and reduction of specie diversity

it is interesting because what was considered ancient like crop rotation is once more in favour.
    DSP likes this.

Credits
    An Ethiopian guy that I know was recently complaining to me about the Chinese taking over his country and mixing with the local people and building business, etc.

Not exactly on topic but I found this thread....

Photos of mixed Ethiopians | Eritrea

Credits
    These cities are built for a reason. When you take into context the amount of wars, displacement of people ;refugees or poor people, theses ghost cities will be full one day. They don't build just because they can. They (bloomberg "Mr.Burns")promoted these small a$$ apartments here in NYC. I don't remember the square footage but my livingroom would be a 2 bedroom apt in that system.
    One tree makes a thousand match sticks, but one match stick can burn a thousand trees

When you truly are conscious in the knowing of yourself, your divine nature which is God as your Soul, there is no fear whatsoever.

Credits
    China has been working with Africa in a way that offends their former European colonizers.

China might have consensual trade that is mutually beneficial. This will help Africa in a way that Europe never wanted to. It will prove the true evilness of the "Caucasoid" race.

Ironically, the Europeans are looking for a potential controversy and disadvantaging practices from the Chinese.... Haha...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    China has been working with Africa in a way that offends their former European colonizers.

China might have consensual trade that is mutually beneficial. This will help Africa in a way that Europe never wanted to. It will prove the true evilness of the "Caucasoid" race.

Ironically, the Europeans are looking for a potential controversy and disadvantaging practices from the Chinese.... Haha...
    How does another set of people virtually re-colonizing these countries help the indigenous people? the chinies are all about profit. They do the same as any other power has done which is exploit. I dont trust it....Look at how they treat there own......
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.
    One tree makes a thousand match sticks, but one match stick can burn a thousand trees

When you truly are conscious in the knowing of yourself, your divine nature which is God as your Soul, there is no fear whatsoever.

Credits
    Good thread. China has not only been developing in certain African countries and the Caribbean, but have lent billions of dollars to these countries. Honestly, I've expressed concern on how much money some of these Caribbean islands keep borrowing from China.

Commonwealth of Dominica comes to mind.

"According to a white paper on China's foreign aid issued by China’s State Council on April 21, by the
    end of 2009 China had aided 161 countries and more than 30 international and regional
    organizations, including 123 developing countries. Of them, 30 are in Asia, 51 in Africa, 18 in Latin
    America and the Caribbean, 12 in Oceania and 12 in Eastern Europe. Asia and Africa, home to the
    largest poor population, have got about 80% of China's foreign aid."

It is a PDF article

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast