Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chillin' wit the Homies...

Credits

Chillin' wit the Homies...

Chillin' wit the Homies, a female passes By so and i was in my jerkish mood...so i gave her a holler "hey georgous"...replied: Hi.

Me: can i walk with you?

Her: thatz on you?

By her appearance, i thought she was west indian..but I wrong she was American. (I stay away from Americans and Jamaicans) I have my reasons. But, exchanged phone numbers with her keeping an Open mind.

First, phone call....(she called me first)

we talked about some things lightly...but OUR convo' stalled out when she was discussing her 1 or 2 yr old (can't remember) B-day bash...She stated that she spent a thousand dollars on this party so far..so I stated to her that this was a Grown folk/ kiddie party...No!!!!!! Strictly kidz. Than she rambled on about how it made her so broke this week.

How could i respond to this, she should do what ever she likes for her child..thats her perogative. But, this kind of poor priority choices is where me and AMERICAN CHICKS BUMP HEADZ.

i'M SORRY I JUST CAN'T ENCOURAGE TRASH.

do yall agree, with me or disagree?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Roz
    Credits
    Thousand WHAT? She is mad...does she realized that investing that thousand would have worked out better for her childs future rather than a couple of hours of fun that the child probably would not remember! GIVE ME A FACKING BREAK!

Your response should have been "nice knowing you" and never call back again! That is ridiculous.

No wonder they call me the cheap one among my friends...My child's future is more important than a dam party.
    Last edited by Roz; 04-16-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Credits

I totally agree...

Originally posted by Roz
    Thousand WHAT? She is mad...does she realized that investing that thousand would have worked out better for her childs future rather than a couple of hours of fun that that child probably would not remember! GIVE ME A FACKING BREAK!

Your response should have been "nice knowing you" and never call back again! That is ridiculous.

No wonder they call me the cheap one among my friends...My child's future is more important than a dam party.

I've talking to her twice since the initial call...but don't have any plans on gettiing to know any more than that. iIt was pretty mucha Wrap, after that first Convo'. I', open minded person but...pleeeeaase!!! thers Ghetto and the theres' BuGhetto(BuJaetto). and thats was sTr-8 Ghetto.

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

Credits
    hmmmm I wonder what will be in de party bag.....

Pebbles362436

Exclamation

Here some information on the estimated cost for planning a kids birthday party.

Theme Elmo's World Birthday Party Supplies

Item # Description Price Qty. Status
    26361 Elmo's World Deluxe Pak $37.99 In Stock
    96366 Elmo's World Deluxe Pak & 8 Favor Boxes $66.59
    16361 Elmo's World Basic Pak $21.99 In Stock
    46366 Colorful Favor Boxes $4.50 ea In Stock
    3636 Elmo's World Additional Guest $1.99 In Stock

ADDITIONAL A LA CARTE ITEMS
    Item # Description
    (Click underlined description to see image) Price Qty. Status
    2636PL Elmo's World 9" Dinner Plates (8) $3.10 In Stock
    2636DP Elmo's World 7" Dessert Plates (8) $2.90 In Stock
    2636CU Elmo's World Cups (8) $3.10 In Stock
    2636LN Elmo's World Napkins (16) $3.10 In Stock
    2636IN Elmo's World Invitations (8) $3.60 In Stock
    2636TY Elmo's World Thank-You Notes (8) $3.60 In Stock
    2636TC Elmo Tablecover (54" x 89") $5.45 In Stock
    2636CN Elmo's World Honeycomb Centerpiece $4.99 In Stock
    2636WD Elmo's World Die-Cut Wall Decorations (4) $3.65 In Stock
    2636HT Elmo's World Hats (8) $3.35 In Stock
    2636BO Elmo's World Blowouts (8) $3.35 In Stock
    2636FB Empty 4" x 6" Red, Blue & Yellow Favor Boxes (4) $2.99 In Stock
    2636MB Elmo Mylar Balloon $1.99 In Stock
    2636BL 18 Balloons (Red, Yellow & Blue) $3.25 In Stock
    2636RB Curling Ribbon (Red, Yellow & Blue) $1.35 In Stock
    2636CR Crepe Paper (Red, Yellow & Blue) $3.25 In Stock
    2636FS Red Forks & Spoons (8 each) $2.15 In Stock
    2636CA Red Candles (24) $0.50 In Stock

Elmo's World Deluxe Pak
    Smiles and giggles abound when you celebrate your birthday with Elmo! Deluxe Pak for 8 includes invitations, 9" plates, cups, forks, spoons, 16 napkins, matching tablecover, centerpiece, 4 wall decorations, mylar balloon, 18 balloons in 3 colors, 3 rolls of 81' crepe paper streamers, 50 yards of curling ribbon, and candles. $37.99

Elmo's World Party Planning Guide
    Elmo's World Basic Pak
    Includes 8 invitations, 9" plates, cups, forks, spoons, 16 napkins, 18 balloons and matching tablecover. $21.99

Colorful Favor Boxes
    Each 4" x 6" box includes a rubber ducky, feather blowout, crayons, Elmo notepad, bounce ball, and sticker sheet. $4.50 each

Elmo's World Additional Guest
    Includes 1 invitation, plate, cup, fork, spoon, and 2 napkins. $1.99

Total $256 for 16 kids. This does not include food, drinks renting a location or Elmo's costume, cake, toys for party bags, music etc.

Visit www.birthdayexpress.com for more information on planning a birthday party for kids. It can be very expensive it depends on your budget. But to each his own when it comes to planning a party it depends on how elaborate you want to go and how much fun you want the kids to have.

Roz
    Credits
    Pebbles I understand that...but don't you think its over doing it with a 1k price tag....Tell me how many kids actually remember their birthday party at the age of 1 or 2? Even if you took that child to Chuckycheeze or Pizza hut I can guarantee they will have had as much fun.

Only my

Pebbles362436
    Roz I understand what yuh trying to say however I saw some holes in KCR intial statement. Anybody can do a party for a couple hundred less but it depends on alot of things. Renting an Elmo/clown in a costume is an additional $200. Some people spend an average of $20- $50,000 plus on a wedding but they still don't own a house or have a pot to piss in after the wedding Personally, I would prefer to invest that money into purchasing a home but that's my opinion and We sometimes don't all think, see or do things the same way thank goodness. But what may be good for me may be bad for someone else.
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 04-16-2004 at 09:36 PM.

Pimptress
    when i was a child my birthdays were very simple...my family, my friends, home cooked food (or order out pizza), a cake....i was a happy child. :)

and goody bags

Credits
    Pebbles you serious girl. See you could plan that wedding for real.

Anyway to answer the question, unless I am making way and I mean way over six figures, there is no way I am spending that kind of money on some 1-2 year olds party. Maybe an older child, but definitely not a child that young. That party is not for the child, that party is for the woman and her friends.

Credits
    Originally posted by Pebbles362436
    Renting an Elmo/clown in a costume is an additional $200.
    This I think is the funniest thing any parent can do. My cousin rented an Elmo for her son's 1st or 2nd (one or the other)......

But ppl, stop and think for a second. Elmo on TV is a 6-inch tall character; the doll is maybe a foot tall tops.

My little cuz was scared to death from the time that 6'2" tall Elmo walk in de house, crying and running from he all afternoon long.....and Elmo end up ah scrape he yeye pan de ceiling

Pebbles362436
    Originally posted by MysticReveller
    This I think is the funniest thing any parent can do. My cousin rented an Elmo for her son's 1st or 2nd (one or the other)......

But ppl, stop and think for a second. Elmo on TV is a 6-inch tall character; the doll is maybe a foot tall tops.

My little cuz was scared to death from the time that 6'2" tall Elmo walk in de house, crying and running from he all afternoon long.....and Elmo end up ah scrape he yeye pan de ceiling

lol My son did the same thing So poor thing Elmo took his head piece off for a min b/cuz it was the middle of summer and he was burning up like hell in the ass costume. My son almost had another heart attack. So then he was crying that it was not Elmo in the costume

Zele when you have kids sometimes you often have to decide to put their needs and happiness before your own personal needs. I just blew over $2,000 on myself just to play mas in Trinidad. However, bottom line I made sure I had a damn good time and that I got my monies worth with everything.:) No one said having kids was going to be cheap but I always want the best for my kids. If I'm able and lucky enough to afford it and I can get it for them then I do. I rather blow my money on my kids future than paying Uncle Sam
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 04-16-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Credits
    Dropping a grand on a friggin' birthday party is too much. My last birthday party was when I was 4. I had cake and three kids from the neighborhood...and look how happy and well-adjusted I turned out...

De iron hav me so bazodee de iron de bottle's Avatar de iron de bottle is offline
    Credits
    i never understood why we does spend so much money on a kiddie birthday. half the time yuh spending money on liquor and food dat de dam kidz doan take part in. i went to a party for a 2year old, i said where is de baby? de mother say oh she sleeping
    she had blown her cake candles earlier in the day. if you have the money then fine do wha de hell yuh want to do. but if you know yuh gone be broke after ah party you shouldn't have one.

Pebbles362436

Talking

Originally posted by Bake 'N Shark
    I had cake and three kids from the neighborhood...and look how happy and well-adjusted I turned out...

Oh really. Don't worry I'll plan your next birthday party for below $100 :p
    Last edited by Pebbles362436; 04-16-2004 at 05:17 PM.

Credits

Thumbs up Well received....

thanx Pebbles362436 for showing the FACTZ of Childrens B-day parties in 2004'....All the statics and price guides were right on point. i'm still stuck in the 70's..i guess. but i did say it was her "Perogative to do for her chile as she pleases."---"Post Master General

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast