Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children who do not want to eat

Credits

Children who do not want to eat

My daughter has never been a big eater but now it's really getting on my last nerve. She refuses to eat, always claiming that she is not hungry. In the morning, it's always a fight. At school, well I don't know, she always eat her main lunch but the snacks are usually still in her lunchbox. For supper, well it's always an argument and she always keeps the food in her mouth, looking at me with super sad teary eyes.

To me, she is too skinny so I took her to the doctor , and old school one from the Czech Republic, he told me not to worry and that it's better she is skinny than far. My worry is because she is very active and has speed skating practices 3 times a weeks, plus swimming and soon snowboarding too. I really don't think that she us getting enough calories to sustain her. I don't want to give her pills to increase her appetite but I am tired if fighting.

Any suggestion?
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    she will eat when she ready, she hasnt had any health issues has she? just make sure the food always available...

DSP
    Credits
    Google

YouTube

j/k

I was like that... really really skinny and didn't want to eat.

I eventually started eating alot as time went on
    Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance can be entertaining.

Goodle this you 50 year old crusty vagina

--oh yes jigger boozers ever lasting wahr with the "lovers of empresses and hafrican queens" should be ashamed ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

--I like disrespect especially ones that dont involve cursing and nugga nugga nugga watch subject matter ~jigga boozy aka Carlo Pagan

Credits
    She will soon.
    One of my yutes was like that.....now he shovels food down his throat.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    Don't feel as if you MUST answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Google

YouTube

j/k

I was like that... really really skinny and didn't want to eat.

I eventually started eating alot as time went on

Credits
    make food fun.. like let her have a role in preparing supper... let her learn about food and the nutrituional values in it and what it was do for her...and prepare those foods
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Most children who i knew were like that pretty much grew out of it and turned into bottomless pits.

Credits
    My main worry is about her activity level and her food intake. I just thought that she might need more "fuel" in her system. I guess I will stop fighting her then. But what about the mornings?
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

LB
    Credits
    Have you asked her if she even likes the food she is given? And if she doesnt like the meals prepared why not?
    That may be a simple place to start. She just may not like the food.

Then like HAB said, get her involved in her meal selection and preparation may very well help.

But if not and she just isnt an eater forcing the issue makes in worse in my opinion. You could threaten me with the devil himself and I wouldnt open my mouth to swallow a damn thing. She will grow out of it and will gravitate towards what works for her eventually.
    If she is healthy now then so be it.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Taj
    Credits
    please dont force her

even if she doesnt know what she needs, the body does and when it needs it she will eat

i understand ur worried as a mom but seriously kids can be beanpoles to a certain age plus dont put that "too skinny for my liking" in her head.

plus metabolism and energy its different for adults

kids can play all day on half a sandwich and not feel faint etc
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    My main worry is about her activity level and her food intake. I just thought that she might need more "fuel" in her system. I guess I will stop fighting her then. But what about the mornings?
    Ppl say don't force her.. But I disagree to a level. I wouldn't force her to eat something she dislikes, but if that is not the issue, she willllll eat whats on her plate! Give her smaller portions but make her understand the importance of eating and hat she will not waste food that a starving child would kill her for!

I would also supplement her with a pediaensure or something I make certain she's getting all of her nutrients.. Also, enfuse her water with fruits and make her tasty smoothies with spinach, beets, carrots, flaxseed..(get a nutribullet).. And have her drink it.. Play with the recipe to make it tasty
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    I'm no kitchen queen but the little that I know how to cook usually comes out fine. She doesn't like meat /chicken nor fish. She tends to have phases. When she was younger she used to be on a lasagna kick. That's all she wanted to eat. Then, it was shepherd's pie and after it was spaghetti. Now it seems to be nothing.

Also, it's not really possible to make cooking this great fun adventure. She knows she has to eat and at her staking they often talk about nutrition. I suspect that part of the problem maybe because she gets complimented a lot about the fact she is slim. So now she has in her mind that she does not want to gain weight.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    Ppl say don't force her.. But I disagree to a level. I wouldn't force her to eat something she dislikes, but if that is not the issue, she willllll eat whats on her plate! Give her smaller portions but make her understand the importance of eating and hat she will not waste food that a starving child would kill her for!

I would also supplement her with a pediaensure or something I make certain she's getting all of her nutrients.. Also, enfuse her water with fruits and make her tasty smoothies with spinach, beets, carrots, flaxseed..(get a nutribullet).. And have her drink it.. Play with the recipe to make it tasty
    I did this.
    Pediatrician said I should stop. Let him eat.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    I'm no kitchen queen but the little that I know how to cook usually comes out fine. She doesn't like meat /chicken nor fish. She tends to have phases. When she was younger she used to be on a lasagna kick. That's all she wanted to eat. Then, it was shepherd's pie and after it was spaghetti. Now it seems to be nothing.

Also, it's not really possible to make cooking this great fun adventure. She knows she has to eat and at her staking they often talk about nutrition. I suspect that part of the problem maybe because she gets complimented a lot about the fact she is slim. So now she has in her mind that she does not want to gain weight.
    so that's what its really about
    you're trying to make sure she isn't starving herself to maintain the image others have of her not that she simply isn't enthused about food at this point in time.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    I did this.
    Pediatrician said I should stop. Let him eat.
    i can believe this..was thinking it wouldnt hurt short term...but in retrospect, it may not be the best option...
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast