Thread: Children and their exposure to outside religions

Credits

Question Children and their exposure to outside religions

If you were raised in one religion, and when yuh got older you found yourself not agreeing with it and found a new religion you are more connected with, how would you feel about your parents pushing yuh prior relationship on your child?

Example...you were raised Buddhist but are now practicing the Chrisian faith...how would yuh feel if yuh parents always tellin yuh child kiss de Buddha man Pray to de Buddha man love de buddha man?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trini-gyal
    If you were raised in one religion, and when yuh got older you found yourself not agreeing with it and found a new religion you are more connected with, how would you feel about your parents pushing yuh prior relationship on your child?

Example...you were raised Buddhist but are now practicing the Chrisian faith...how would yuh feel if yuh parents always tellin yuh child kiss de Buddha man Pray to de Buddha man love de buddha man?
    Is your children...u raise them how u believe...if it goes against your beliefs for them to worship other gods...then they have to respect that...

I have a cousin who's rasta, and she doesn't want her children eating meat...especially pork...her mother eats pork, but my cousin is adamant that her mother does not feel the children pork, 'cause it's against her beliefs...it's her kids, and she has every right to demand as she pleases...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by triniprincess76
    Is your children...u raise them how u believe...if it goes against your beliefs for them to worship other gods...then they have to respect that...

I have a cousin who's rasta, and she doesn't want her children eating meat...especially pork...her mother eats pork, but my cousin is adamant that her mother does not feel the children pork, 'cause it's against her beliefs...it's her kids, and she has every right to demand as she pleases...

The grandparents need to respect the way the parents want to raise their children.