Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken pox outbreak on campus

Credits

Chicken pox outbreak on campus

6 people have so far contracted chicken pox at Grambling. Just so happens that they are all Lucians in their first semester. I wonder if they came up wid it. (lucians doh jump meh back plz)

Anyhoo a notice is posted asking students who never had chicken pox before, to go to the health center to get the vacine. Symptoms were listed on the notice and while reading them I started feeling them almost immediately. VSB tell me I'm a hypochondriac, never thought I was that.

I got chicken pox before but it was not terrible. I only got blisters on my inner arm and on my the sides of my abdomen; they were not many either. Now because I got a mild case of it I'm wondering if I can get it again. I don't really want to go get the vacine. I'm not afraid of needles anymore but I'm not in the mood to get chook today.
    Last edited by Nica; 09-25-2006 at 05:25 PM.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Taj
    Credits
    mebbe they got someone to falsify their shot info cuz ur supposed to get a bunch of those shots before you are a student and begin matriculation.

Even if you get up here, At HU they put a hold on your account and you can't register for classes or pretty much anything regarding your student account until you go to the health center start a file and get evaluated for what shots you have and haven't had...and ya gotta have proof so if u left your immunization card at home you SOL u gots to pay for all dem shots
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    6 people have so far contracted chicken pox at Grambling. Just so happens that they are all Lucians in their first semester. I wonder if they came up wid it. (lucians doh jump meh back plz)

Anyhoo a notice is posted asking students who never had chicken pox before, to go to the health center to get the vacine. Symptoms were listed on the notice and while reading them I started feeling them almost immediately. VSB tell me I'm a hypochondriac, never thought I was that.

I got chicken pox before but it was terrible. I only got blisters on my inner arm and on my the sides of my abdomen; they were not many either. Now because I got a mild case of it I'm wondering if I can get it again. I don't really want to go get the vacine. I'm not afraid of needles anymore but I'm not in the mood to get chook today.

elq
    Credits
    $10 imix dollas dat dem all get turned out by de local campus butch and now dem all got she cooties........

ok 15 imix dollas...island gyals too sweet...

Credits
    *raises hand*

um, i never had chicken pox and sometimes im scurrrred that some mampie will carry it to work from one of her kids

maybe i should go to the docter and let them give me a dumbed down version of it just to get it over with

Credits
    Last edited by Dr Insane; 09-25-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Essiquibo View Post
    *raises hand*

um, i never had chicken pox and sometimes im scurrrred that some mampie will carry it to work from one of her kids

maybe i should go to the docter and let them give me a dumbed down version of it just to get it over with
    yes you should
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    lol nah man mayb dey had it froom lucia. well stay far from dem eh!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    yes you should
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    mebbe they got someone to falsify their shot info cuz ur supposed to get a bunch of those shots before you are a student and begin matriculation.

Even if you get up here, At HU they put a hold on your account and you can't register for classes or pretty much anything regarding your student account until you go to the health center start a file and get evaluated for what shots you have and haven't had...and ya gotta have proof so if u left your immunization card at home you SOL u gots to pay for all dem shots
    yup I came up without my card and i had to take dem shots again
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Fugitive View Post
    like that is all yuh see huh perv
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits

I got chicken pox before but it was terrible. I only got blisters on my inner arm and on my the sides of my abdomen; they were not many either. Now because I got a mild case of it I'm wondering if I can get it again. I don't really want to go get the vacine. I'm not afraid of needles anymore but I'm not in the mood to get chook today.

yes you can get it again. I had chicken pox twice! Once when I was way younger and the other time I was like 19, 20. Good luck eh girl.............

Credits
    *raises hand*

Chicken pox as an adult can be twice as worst than if you get it as a child...it is more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by lucian maddness View Post
    lol nah man mayb dey had it froom lucia. well stay far from dem eh!!!!!!!!!
    Unlikely...you can't be a carrier. More likely is that they were exposed to it here. Many of us foreigners have never been immunized against the virus and so are prone when newly arrive here to contract it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness4Life View Post
    yes you can get it again. I had chicken pox twice! Once when I was way younger and the other time I was like 19, 20. Good luck eh girl.............
    I don't think it's medically/scientifically possible to contract the virus more than one time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Chicken pox as an adult can be twice as worst than if you get it as a child...it is more dangerous.

Unlikely...you can't be a carrier. More likely is that they were exposed to it here. Many of us foreigners have never been immunized against the virus and so are prone when newly arrive here to contract it.

I don't think it's medically/scientifically possible to contract the virus more than one time.

but watch...all my sisters had the pox. i remember although my lil sis had it, we still used to roll around all over the floor playing and i never caught it.

Credits
    but watch...all my sisters had the pox. i remember although my lil sis had it, we still used to roll around all over the floor playing and i never caught it.
    Not everytime yuh play in traffic car go hit yuh...doh mean yuh should keep playing in traffic

Seriously though...at worst, why risk walking arung wid a pock-marked face? I knew this Indian nurse at my last job during college who face was peppered with pock marks because she contracted the virus as an adult...and this is just one mild result to contracting it as an adult.

Credits

I got chicken pox before but it was not terrible. I only got blisters on my inner arm and on my the sides of my abdomen; they were not many either. Now because I got a mild case of it I'm wondering if I can get it again. I don't really want to go get the vacine. I'm not afraid of needles anymore but I'm not in the mood to get chook today.

yeah you can.... bettah start disinfecting.......spray tuh undah arm wid lysol....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast