0 0%
  • Punish the store for President's comments

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Chick Fil-A ...."anti-gay so go away??"

Credits

Chick Fil-A ...."anti-gay so go away??"

So the president of this fast food chain comment "I think we are inviting God's judgment when we shake our fist at him and say, 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.'"

Now some mayors across the country are expressing their disapproval at those comments and their desire to keep Chick Fil-A out of their cities. City Council Member Christine Quinn, who is openly gay, spoke against these comments and wants NYU to sever all ties with Chick Fil-A...

What do u think? Are the comments outrageous and warrant censoring??? Do you care? Isn't this "God doesn't agree" arguement
    used elsewhere, ie abortion debate etc.

Where should we draw the line between Free Speech and unacceptable rhetoric...?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotgirl11226 View Post
    So the president of this fast food chain comment "I think we are inviting God's judgment when we shake our fist at him and say, 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.'"

Now some mayors across the country are expressing their disapproval at those comments and their desire to keep Chick Fil-A out of their cities. City Council Member Christine Quinn, who is openly gay, spoke against these comments and wants NYU to sever all ties with Chick Fil-A...

What do u think? Are the comments outrageous and warrant censoring??? Do you care? Isn't this "God doesn't agree" arguement
    used elsewhere, ie abortion debate etc.

Where should we draw the line between Free Speech and unacceptable rhetoric...?
    ..that corporation and the owners have a right to thier views (that is free speech) and freedom of religion

ppl also have a right to protest..(boycott) right to a public demonstration if they dont like it.

Why is it OK for the politicians to say "no gay marraige" and its ok..but an owner of a corporation cannot - it get the tag of unaccpetable rhetoric?
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post
    ..that corporation and the owners have a right to thier views (that is free speech) and freedom of religion

ppl also have a right to protest..(boycott) right to a public demonstration if they dont like it.

Why is it OK for the politicians to say "no gay marraige" and its ok..but an owner of a corporation cannot - it get the tag of unaccpetable rhetoric?

Credits
    Opti??

what de heck?

dude, you need to uplug for a while..i cant even watch that fool
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYLOC View Post

People most certainly do. Outside of inciteful, patenly offensive words...one may state an opinion. The guy isn't saying "these people should be burned at the stake" or anything.

As to boycotting, how to do u feel about a politician asking a private institution to sever its contractual relationship with Chick Fil-A. This isn't just say, "hey guys, don't eat there anymore."

Credits
    People most certainly do. Outside of inciteful, patenly offensive words...one may state an opinion. The guy isn't saying "these people should be burned at the stake" or anything.

As to boycotting, how to do u feel about a politician asking a private institution to sever its contractual relationship with Chick Fil-A. This isn't just say, "hey guys, don't eat there anymore."
    no thats ridiculous...honestly this pc nonsense is vexing the hell outta me, everyone is basically just walking around putting on a fake facade to avoid being put on blast, meanwhile it does nothing to stop discrimination or hate because everyone is still thinking the same shit they always thought.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Hail up Chick fil a.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Taj
    Credits
    why are ppl surprised?

the chain doesn't even open on sundays obv. they gonna have a certain stance on things.
    dey en say fiya fuh gays just that they can't get behind gay marriage what's the big deal.
    and i can't believe mayors from various states speaking out on something like this.
    they really want to boycott and bankrupt a company with a perfectly good product ova dis?
    optimizm likes this.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Dem have good waffle fries...
    T-MAKAA likes this.

Credits
    #TeamChikfilaSauce

Credits
    It's really scary considering this woman might be a mayoral candidate soon. God forbid your opinions don't run parallel to hers. I doubt NYU would give in to her pleas.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    no thats ridiculous...honestly this pc nonsense is vexing the hell outta me, everyone is basically just walking around putting on a fake facade to avoid being put on blast, meanwhile it does nothing to stop discrimination or hate because everyone is still thinking the same shit they always thought.
    I had a professor suggest that being part of an ethnic minority should make that group sympathetic to gays and homosexuals - as if it's the same thing....

Toppa_Toppa
    I had a professor suggest that being part of an ethnic minority should make that group sympathetic to gays and homosexuals - as if it's the same thing....
    You hear that on IMIX too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa View Post
    You hear that on IMIX too.
    One of my issues with that arguement is that African Americans have been for the most part, socially conservative. So it doesn't follow that they would simply sympatheze with another minority group that stands opposite their belief system just because that group is a minority. These two groups do not have the same history. There were no "gay bathrooms" and "straight bathrooms.". I don't recall gays for sale...or any being uprooted and and out on a transatlantic voyage anywhere...
    Toppa_Toppa, Colors and Nica like this.

Juan Dan
    One of my issues with that arguement is that African Americans have been for the most part, socially conservative. So it doesn't follow that they would simply sympatheze with another minority group that stands opposite their belief system just because that group is a minority. These two groups do not have the same history. There were no "gay bathrooms" and "straight bathrooms.". I don't recall gays for sale...or any being uprooted and and out on a transatlantic voyage anywhere...
    what of a black fish?
    do you sympathize?
    being that they went through slayvery

its either you care for the oppressed and marginalised or you dont

its either you care for YOUR INTERESTS or you care for ALL

I gave the fishes a lil respect when they were willing to add their support to anti stop n frisk
    they can prolly even stop it

SOMETHING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHURCH LEADER OR HAL SHARKTON CAN EVERRRRRR DO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast