Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap People

Credits

Cheap People

The theme cheapness has come up a bit today. So . . .

When you go to a restaurant with a group of your friends do you whip out the calculator when the bill arrives and calculate your portion?

I was once friends with these two girls who were cheap for days.

Girl A. Situation: We went to IHOP with about 13 friends. She so cheap she order a plate of fries and some tap water and ask for her food to be put on a separate tab. She played herself because my boyfriend at the time paid for everyone with the eception of her because of her blatant cheapness.

Girl B Siuation: Whenever we went out to eat, she get the check and start calculating on her phone what each person owes, taxes tip, etc. based on what they ordered. I think that is tacky.

I am a very picky vegetarian who usually orders the least expensive item compared to my friends, but in the spirit of true frienship, I always suggest splitting equal ways amongst all parties.

What do you all do?

TC
    Credits
    Tap water...doh lemmi dead!

TC
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds

When you go to a restaurant with a group of your friends do you whip out the calculator when the bill arrives and calculate your portion?

Girl A. Situation: We went to IHOP with about 13 friends. She so cheap she order a plate of fries and some tap water and ask for her food to be put on a separate tab. She played herself because my boyfriend at the time paid for everyone with the eception of her because of her blatant cheapness.

Girl B Siuation: Whenever we went out to eat, she get the check and start calculating on her phone what each person owes, taxes tip, etc. based on what they ordered. I think that is tacky.

I am a very picky vegetarian who usually orders the least expensive item compared to my friends, but in the spirit of true frienship, I always suggest splitting equal ways amongst all parties.

What do you all do?

I have some friends with some high etiquette rules...the person who called the party together pays...FOR ALL!

trini by bloodnotrelation trini2dboneny's Avatar trini2dboneny is offline
    Credits
    a vegetarian, ohhh i like that, keeping it healthy.
    i usually split it or if the friends insists on paying then i pick up the tip.

if yuh want 2 lock meh up ill be by de kiss cake truck!
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TehrryCherry

Lol cheapness at its finest

Credits
    u figure out what you are gonna do before or after the bill arrives. that way all controversy is avoided.
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

TC
    Credits
    I have some friends with some high etiquette rules...the person who called the party together pays...FOR ALL!

I think I better look for some new friends!...this can be expensive!

Credits

What do you all do?

tap water though??? she couldnt asked for bottled water at least????

me and my friend usually split the bill in half...when we go out...we both know neither one of us are ballers so we good...

Credits

Well that's what I do sometimes, especially when I am in England. But some people just take cheapness to a whole level that is unecessary.

TC
    Credits
    Well that's what I do sometimes, especially when I am in England. But some people just take cheapness to a whole level that is unecessary.

fuh real!

Credits
    So will u be buying me ah drink on saturday?

Credits
    I think I better look for some new friends!...this can be expensive!

I know. That's why I said I used to be friends with. Cheap people annoy.

And key here is to stress there is a difference between frugal or thrifty and CHEAP!

It was a nightmare going on vacation with them. Don't want to pay for a minivan in Miami, we can find other ways to the fete. FOR SIX OF US?!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimptress
    if wat we ordered are similiar in price etc then a little discrepancy doesnt matter but if people are ordering expensive items or drinking a lot and i'm keeping it simplet...then yes i leave the people to fend for themselves. if i only ordered something that was $10 and the bill come back and it 20+ per person you best believe i going to say something.

I work hard for my money. nuff said..*shrugs*

That's understandable. Perhaps I should say when people order within reason. If people are taking advantage, that's a different story.

But I think it's rude for a person who is dining with you to request their meal and tap water be placed on another bill.

Credits
    bwhahahahah dais the hardest..

but eh...i doh have no friend to go out with..so this neva happen to me

Credits
    The only time separate checks r requested is when my co-workers go to lunch as a working lunch....(and we're paying for our meals)

I usually have everyone give equal amts if the things ordered are close in price...

like trini2deboneny...I have a friend who always insist on picking up the tab...so I always insist on leaving the tip...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast