Credits

Cell phone users in Trinidad and Tobago beware

The Gov't may be listening to ur sweet talk. What an invasion of privacy
    :mamba:

$40m spy

High-tech crime blimp to sniff out criminals

Anna-Lisa Paul alpaul@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, July 18th 2005

The high-tech blimp that suddenly appeared in the sky on Saturday, causing panic among some residents, cost $40 million and is the latest government initiative to arrest the spiralling crime situation.

TV6 News reported last night that the actual blimp cost $32 million while the high-tech equipment cost $8 million.

TV6 said the spyship was bought in the United States, shipped here two months ago in containers and assembled at the army base in Wallerfield.

The sky vessel has radar equipment which can listen in on cellphone calls and detect any illegal maritime activity, TV6 reported.

It is understood that American officials are in Trinidad and Tobago to carry out test runs, TV6 said.

TV6 also reported that security around the blimp has been beefed up after an apparent security breach at the blimp's Wallerfield base when someone tried to take a photograph of it.

Speaking at a press conference following the PNM's monthly General Council meeting at Balisier House yesterday, party chairman Franklin Khan confirmed that the white blimp which was seen circling areas in north and east Trinidad on Saturday was one of the anti-crime initiatives being implemented to try and curb criminal activity in the country.

The former works and transport minister described yesterday's meeting as "long and very detailed" because of presentations by National Security Minister Martin Joseph outlining anti-crime initiatives which are currently being implemented, and others which are soon to be implemented.

While yesterday's discussions "were not privileged information", Khan declined to reveal what some of the forthcoming initiatives were, adding that Joseph had already made numerous presentations to respective chambers of commerce and other stakeholders.

He would say only that details concerning the (Dr Stephen) Mastrofski Plan had been discussed and how it related to the training of personnel. Dr Mastrofski's $5 million crime plan is aimed at retooling, training and transforming the Police Service.

In addition, Khan said Joseph had furnished the General Council with an update on the procurement of modern equipment such as the blimp, vehicles, human resources, and legislative issues concerning the police service.

"The presentation was well received," Khan stated, adding that a comparison had been done with the 18-point crime plan presented by the Ken Gordon Crime Committee, and found that all recommendations from the plan had been implemented in phases - except for the state of emergency which was rejected.

Asked for an official explanation as to why Senator Howard Chin Lee had been appointed to act on behalf of Joseph for two days last week, Khan said Joseph had taken some time off to celebrate the birth of a new baby girl.

Questioned as to why authorities were less than cooperative about the reason for Joseph's absence, Khan replied: "If he wanted a couple days off...I think we should accept that."

Khan explained that Cabinet and acting appointments were based solely on the prime minister's prerogative, and that "the trend has been all over this administration that when ministers go abroad...other cabinet ministers will act for them and you do not have to swear in new ministers everytime."

"In no way, was it an act of irresponsibility or insensitivity on his (Joseph) part," Khan stated.

Strongly condemning Monday's bomb attack in Port of Spain, Khan said it would be premature to offer any conclusive statements on the incident until investigations are completed. Stating that the General Council was appalled by such actions, Khan concluded: "We have full confidence in the protective services to maintain law and order in the country."
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

sharkie
    privatesy

well my ppl eh in no bad business, so i eh worried fuh dem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    privatesy

well my ppl eh in no bad business, so i eh worried fuh dem.
    I just read your sig
    your a propper assssssss

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by WadadliEmpress
    I just read your sig
    your a propper assssssss

Credits

Angry well................

It is a price we the public pay for the actions of idiots! So when the police and patriots put a foot in the criminals ass, 'accidentially' has a mishap with the suspect on the way to the police station or if the criminal dies from an officers warning shots be supportive! Because we suffer for their inconsiderate bullshit and stupidity!

Credits
    i just hope they can find another way cuz they might end up doing dis forever
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    tahnx fuh d info but ah go still use meh cell when ah touch down in d land of pan.