Thread: Celeb Japan Tweets cross line

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits

Celeb Japan Tweets cross line

"Its all good Till B'tches see there Christian Louboutions Floating down da street sh't gone get crazy (quote-50 cent rapper)

" Japan is really advanced. They don't go to the beach.The beach comes to them (quote-Gilbert Gottfried)
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

T-MAKAA
    That wasnt 50 first tweet..his first was sincere..then he started acting up... This was his last.

"Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool wiehter way" 50 cent

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits
    Gottfried lose his AFLAC job for dem tweets though,...............it was funny though, lol
    Live life in concert with your values!
    Never be paralyzed!
    Don't wait for people to change! - Dr. Robert Brooks

Credits
    the aflac guy got fired...

The Aflac duck lost its voice Monday after the insurance giant fired the comedian behind the commercial quack for tweeting jokes about the earthquake and tsunami that has devastated Japan.

The Columbus, Georgia-based company fired Gilbert Gottfried less than an hour after discovering the tweets, according to a news release from Aflac.

"Gilbert's recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac," Michael Zunda, the company's senior vice president and chief marketing officer, said in a statement.

So far, the earthquake and tsunami have left more than 2,400 people dead, and thousands more in shelters or missing.

Tsunami survivor almost drowned

Radiation risks rise in Japan

Japan nuclear crisis continues

Japanese village washed away by tsunami Most of the tweets attributed to Gottfried make light of the natural disaster in either a flippant or sexual manner.

The tweets include this, posted at 12:33 p.m. Saturday:

"Japan called me. They said 'maybe those jokes are a hit in the U.S., but over here, they're all sinking.'"

Another tweet, posted at 11:06 a.m. the same day, said:

"I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said 'is there a school in this area.' She said 'not now, but just wait.'"

Zuna said, "Aflac Japan -- and, by extension, Japan itself -- is part of the Aflac family, and there is no place for anything but compassion and concern during these difficult times." He added that the company was giving the International Red Cross 100 million yen (U.S. $1.2 million) to aid in disaster relief.

Zuna also noted that Gottfried had not provided the quack for the Japanese version of the Aflac duck.

Gottfried is perhaps best known as a character actor in such Hollywood movies as "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane," "Problem Child 1 and 2" and "House Party 3." His high-pitched, gravely voice also provided the dialogue for Iago, the parrot sidekick of an evil sultan's advisor in the Disney cartoon movie, "Aladdin," as well as subsequent sequels.

He was also a one-season cast member of "Saturday Night Live" in 1980.

Gottfried could not be reached for comment Monday.

Zuna said Aflac, "will immediately set plans in motion to conduct a nationwide casting call to find a new voice of the iconic Aflac Duck."
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Taj
    Credits
    well isn't gottfried a comedian?
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    50 can go take some grammar lessons....a lotof celebs can't spell worth a damn...i chuckled at gottfrieds tweet tho...that was totally heartless of me thogh...
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    Tasteless but funny nonetheless. Why companies feel it necessary to express that somones personal thoughts on their twitter accound doesn't reflect the opinion of the company? It would be one thing if his account profile was named Aflac Duck or something.