Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catering to home contractors...

Credits

Catering to home contractors...

Ok so, we have guys working on our house for about a week--week and a half now. They were hired to do over the roof, recement the driveway, put down new tiles on our patio, clean the bricks, etc. Well day one dudes came ringing the bell asking for coffee. My mom obliged since it was their first day. Well like she form bad habits cause everyday they ring the bell asking for coffee. I told her okay once, twice is cool but not every day. What we look like Dunkin Donuts. She told me I am not being nice, what do you guys think? Mind you she she has to stop getting dressed for work in the morning to go make their coffee.

Credits
    I've done stuff like that before in the past....dudes working on my fence once in the hot summer (some spanish dudes) so I bought them a couple bottles of Snapple.

Sounds like these contractors starting to take advantage of the situation though.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Prinzez Diva View Post
    Ok so, we have guys working on our house for about a week--week and a half now. They were hired to do over the roof, recement the driveway, put down new tiles on our patio, clean the bricks, etc. Well day one dudes came ringing the bell asking for coffee. My mom obliged since it was their first day. Well like she form bad habits cause everyday they ring the bell asking for coffee. I told her okay once, twice is cool but not every day. What we look like Dunkin Donuts. She told me I am not being nice, what do you guys think? Mind you she she has to stop getting dressed for work in the morning to go make their coffee.
    Tell them to cut that shit out...you not obligated to provide coffee...unless it getting deducted from the contract

Credits
    They could get a glass of tap water and use d bathroom (no dumps), but dais it.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    I've done stuff like that before in the past....dudes working on my fence once in the hot summer (some spanish dudes) so I bought them a couple bottles of Snapple.

Sounds like these contractors starting to take advantage of the situation though.
    Yeah that is normal, cause when they were working on the roof it was hot as all hell. I went and bought a couple Gallons of water and cups for them. But every morning so man...come on. I told my mother she just catering to them because she afraid they are Al Queda (they are from Pakistan). See how yuh on IMIX corrupting my thinking. LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jack Bauer View Post
    They could get a glass of tap water and use d bathroom (no dumps), but dais it.
    She going stand by the bathroom door and if she smell anything she say stop

PTM
    Credits
    She should make a pot of coffee and have it ready if she doesn't want to disrupt her morning routine of getting ready for work.

But dem guys sound real greedy. You don't want to be rude and make it the job into a drawn out process. contractors could be fcuked up sometimes and you don't need the headache.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by p'tanimas View Post
    She should make a pot of coffee and have it ready if she doesn't want to disrupt her morning routine of getting ready for work.

But dem guys sound real greedy. You don't want to be rude and make it the job into a drawn out process. contractors could be fcuked up sometimes and you don't need the headache.
    I had to get up under some them skin for picking my sugar apples...they picked a few one day and it was ok but the third day they had like 9 of them lined off and I had to tell them off

Trini Exhibitionist
    eh heh..is like feeding ah stray animal...they keep coming back for more...they need to do like every other working person and walk with their stuff for work. or at least wait for the owner of the home to offer you something to drink or eat.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by p'tanimas View Post

She could ask them to do minor stuff fuh she in exchange...to underscore the fact that she ent dey mudder or wife.

From de minute she hand dem de coffee and aks dem tuh sweep de back yard fuh she same time...ah bet they start walking wid dey own thermos.

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Credits
    Girl I know what u mean...When I had guys working on my first house, the first day I Bot them some Coronas and ting..cool no problem...secod day mommy cooked for them ( you know how trini people do) ...from then on they expected food and drinks can u imagine...lol I had to laugh....

PTM
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    She could ask them to do minor stuff fuh she in exchange...to underscore the fact that she ent dey mudder or wife.

From de minute she hand dem de coffee and aks dem tuh sweep de back yard fuh she same time...ah bet they start walking wid dey own thermos.

Good one.

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits

can any of you recommend someone to put up an iron fence, 7ft high, incl. security gate around a property of about 1 acre?

Credits
    Hey at least your contractors are on time and hell

THEY SHOWED UP!

Although its hard to be petty, the situation you mentioned is annoying.

sometimes you have to act out of your character and hail as I hear u trinis say: "haul ur mudda cvnt and get to work"

But yes it is such a challenge dealing with Contractors.
    Leaving thier lunch trash around.
    not showing up on time
    not making planned progress on projects

The only driving force u must use against them is them getting paid.

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Credits
    while we on the topic...anyone know of a good plumber?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast