Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CASTER SEMENYA RETURNS HOME TO SOUTH AFRICA to a HEROINE'S WELCOME

Credits

CASTER SEMENYA RETURNS HOME TO SOUTH AFRICA to a HEROINE'S WELCOME

Credits
    I looooooooooooooove Winnie Mandela

Amanza, Awatu!
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I looooooooooooooove Winnie Mandela

Amanza, Awatu!
    I POST that SPECIFICALLY for U.

YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I POST that SPECIFICALLY for U.

YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Thank you!
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Thank you!
    No PROB.

Spoogie
    My dik is bigger than "her" dik

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    My dik is bigger than "her" dik
    For your SAKE, I HOPE so.

Credits
    Caster Semenya comes home to defiant welcome•
    • South Africans reject doubts over runner's sex
    • 'Walk tall' president tells 800m world champion

David Smith in Johannesburg
    guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 25 August 2009 19.46 BST

Caster Semenya flies in after her victory in Berlin Link to this video They sang, they flew flags, they danced until the floor shook beneath their feet. South Africans made a patriotic show of defiance today to give Caster Semenya, the world champion athlete at the centre of a sex testing row, what was billed a "heroine's welcome".

Semenya, 18, looked overwhelmed by the rapturous reception but, after meeting South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma, relaxed into smiles and laughter as she recalled winning the women's 800 metres race in Berlin. Zuma attacked the world governing body for athletics for subjecting Semenya to a "gender verification test", prompted by her physique and dramatically improved performances.

Appearing shy and awkward, Semenya simply said, "Hello, everybody," as she was mobbed by hundreds of supporters at Johannesburg's OR Tambo airport. The crowd ululated, blew plastic horns and waved placards with messages such as "Our golden girl" and "Caster you beaut!". Travellers with luggage trolleys looked bewildered as they were caught in the melee.

Among those feting the teenager was Phomla Shezi, 24. "She is a female, she was born a female, God created her a female," the receptionist said. "We should be appreciating what she did. She made us proud. We can be the best country in the world."

The discourse of race and the liberation struggle, never far from the surface in South Africa, soon became indistinguishable from what had begun as a sporting controversy. At the arrivals gate a boisterous group sang African National Congress anthems and "Wathint'u Caster, wathint umbokodo" (If you strike Caster, you strike a rock). The floor trembled as they performed the toyi-toyi, a protest dance used against police during the apartheid era.

At an airport press conference attended by her father and grandmother, Semenya was embraced by Winnie Madikizela-Mandela as "my grandchild". The ANC MP and ex-wife of former president Nelson Mandela said: "To the world out there who conducted those pseudo-tests: test our gender? They can stuff their insults, this is our little girl and nobody is going to perform any tests on her.

"We've had difficult situations in the history of this country. Don't touch us, don't touch us because if you dare, we will repeat it again if those who want to challenge us continue to insult us using our own people."

Semenya was silent and looked bored and uncomfortable as politicians criticised the media and made allegations of sexism and racism. Julius Malema, the president of the ANC youth league, compared the battle to exonerate Semenya with the defeat of the "most brutal, nonsensical apartheid regime". He asked: "Where are the white South Africans to welcome Caster?"

Leonard Chuene, the president of Athletics South Africa, said Semenya had been "traumatised" by the media attention, adding: "For a long time in this country we let people set the agenda for us. Let us set the agenda for ourselves. We are not going to allow Europeans to describe and define our children."
    Led by a 10-motorbike convoy , Semenya and South Africa's other medal winning athletes, men's 800m champion Mbulaeni Mulaudzi and long jump silver medallist Khotso Mokoena, then met Zuma at the presidential guesthouse in Pretoria.

Zuma made no secret of his "displeasure" at the International Association of Athletics Federations for its handling of the affair. He said: "It is one thing to seek to ascertain whether or not an athlete has an unfair advantage over others, but it is another to publicly humiliate an honest professional and competent athlete.

"We extend our support to Miss Semenya and her family during this difficult period. Continue to walk tall. We are proud of you. We love you. These events should not distract us from celebrating your outstanding achievement on the track."

The IAAF is expected to announce the results of Semenya's sex test in about a month. Asked what he would do if the IAAF revoked the medal, Zuma said: "They're not going to remove the gold medal. She won it. So that question does not arise." Semenya took the microphone and, in her distinctive deep voice, smiled as she told the press conference: "I don't know what to say. It's pretty good to win in a good manner and bring it home. I didn't know I could win that race for the first time in my life in the world championships seniors. I couldn't believe it, man.

"I called [my coach] after I ran the semi-finals and he said, 'You know girl, you can do it.' Before the final, he just told me, 'You can let them lead, then last 200, kill them'."

Officials brushed aside reports that the head coach of the South African team, Ekkart Arbeit, is a former East German coach who was accused by a female athlete of giving her so many anabolic steroids that she was forced to undergo a sex-change operation and live the rest of her life as a man.

Chuene said: "Arbeit was not in the picture. Arbeit does not work with these girls. Arbeit was never part and parcel of this little girl, so there was no way Arbeit was going to be injecting her."

He failed to respond to claims that tests carried out before the world championships showed Semenya's testosterone level to be three times higher than those normally expected in a female sample. The results were believed to have contributed to the IAAF's request for a sex test.

Chuene said the best judges of Semenya's sex were her mother and father. "The only scientist I know, the only scientist I believe in is the parents of the child. Show me a scientist who knows her better than her mother who raised her for 18 years."

He appealed for privacy for Semenya, saying she wanted to spend some time with her family and then catch up on her work as a university student.
    Caster Semenya comes home to defiant welcome | Sport | The Guardian
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 08-25-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Spoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    For your SAKE, I HOPE so.
    Would you take head from "her" ?

Just head...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    Would you take head from "her" ?

Just head...
    Like I TOLD you PREVIOUSLY, this issue is not ABOUT what I would DO or NOT do. This is about a young lady who has been pushed into the SPOTLIGHT by the MEDIA because of her DOMINANCE in the 800m race.

If you want to SPEAK to that ISSUE, FEEL FREE to do

Credits
    Julius Malema, the president of the ANC youth league, compared the battle to exonerate Semenya with the defeat of the "most brutal, nonsensical apartheid regime". He asked: "Where are the white South Africans to welcome Caster?"[/B]
    It just HIT me as I REREAD that part of the ARTICLE.

Wasn't ZOLA BUDD a SOUTH AFRICAN who was the 800m WORLD CHAMPION back in the APARTHEID DAYS??

Could it be it was the WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS who were the MAIN CULPRITS BEHIND this STORY????

YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

Credits
    Caster Semenya's testosterone levels are off the charts

August 25, 6:58 PMNY Celebrity Fitness and Health ExaminerSamantha Chang

South African runner Caster Semenya has elevated testosterone levels, tests show.
    The 18-year-old is now undergoing an exhaustive gender verification test. (AP Photo)South African runner Caster Semenya has three times the level of testosterone in her body as a "normal" female does, according to the results of a preliminary test she took several weeks ago.

Semenya, 18, is at the center of an international debate concerning her gender. Two weeks before Caster competed at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, she was asked to undergo a gender verification test over concerns that the muscular, husky-voiced runner was really a man.

On Aug. 19, Caster crushed her competitors when she won the 800-meter finals at the world championships in 1:55.45, which is the fastest time in the world this year for a female. After her rivals accused her of being a man, Semenya was asked by the IAAF, the world governing body for track and field, to undergo an exhaustive gender test by a team comprised of a gynecologist, endocrinologist, internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist.

The IAAF is now trying to determine whether Semenya's abnormally high testosterone levels are due to doping or to her being naturally born more biologically male than female. So far, there's no suggestion Semenya has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

However, Caster's association with Dr. Ekkart Arbeit, the former East German doping expert, has fueled suspicions of cheating. And doctors say Semenya's testosterone levels are suspicious.

"Athletes' [testosterone] levels are usually not high," Dr. Michael Elstein, an expert in hormone therapy tells the Daily Telegraph. "If anything, they actually may be low because of the stress of competition and release of cortisol, which is a stress hormone and can push testosterone down."

Adds Elstein: "It does not point to her being a male, but it does point to her advancing her performance with testosterone. The question is whether the testosterone is naturally occurring or introduced...that's what the IAAF needs to determine.''

Meanwhile, Caster's family insists she is female. "She is my little girl," says her dad, Jacob Semenya. "I raised her and I have never doubted her gender. She is a woman and I can repeat that a million times."

Spoogie
    VP I hope you're ready to give "her" a blow job ...

Spoogie

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Caster Semenya's testosterone levels are off the charts

August 25, 6:58 PMNY Celebrity Fitness and Health ExaminerSamantha Chang

South African runner Caster Semenya has elevated testosterone levels, tests show.
    The 18-year-old is now undergoing an exhaustive gender verification test. (AP Photo)South African runner Caster Semenya has three times the level of testosterone in her body as a "normal" female does, according to the results of a preliminary test she took several weeks ago.

Semenya, 18, is at the center of an international debate concerning her gender. Two weeks before Caster competed at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, she was asked to undergo a gender verification test over concerns that the muscular, husky-voiced runner was really a man.

On Aug. 19, Caster crushed her competitors when she won the 800-meter finals at the world championships in 1:55.45, which is the fastest time in the world this year for a female. After her rivals accused her of being a man, Semenya was asked by the IAAF, the world governing body for track and field, to undergo an exhaustive gender test by a team comprised of a gynecologist, endocrinologist, internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist.

The IAAF is now trying to determine whether Semenya's abnormally high testosterone levels are due to doping or to her being naturally born more biologically male than female. So far, there's no suggestion Semenya has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

However, Caster's association with Dr. Ekkart Arbeit, the former East German doping expert, has fueled suspicions of cheating. And doctors say Semenya's testosterone levels are suspicious.

"Athletes' [testosterone] levels are usually not high," Dr. Michael Elstein, an expert in hormone therapy tells the Daily Telegraph. "If anything, they actually may be low because of the stress of competition and release of cortisol, which is a stress hormone and can push testosterone down."

Adds Elstein: "It does not point to her being a male, but it does point to her advancing her performance with testosterone. The question is whether the testosterone is naturally occurring or introduced...that's what the IAAF needs to determine.''

Meanwhile, Caster's family insists she is female. "She is my little girl," says her dad, Jacob Semenya. "I raised her and I have never doubted her gender. She is a woman and I can repeat that a million times."
    U POST this to SAY what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast