Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon network Adult swim. I dont get it??

Credits

Question Cartoon network Adult swim. I dont get it??

I watch Cartoon networks "Adult swim" and "Toonami". I also know a few of yall on here watch it to and have favorites such as Boondocks , Family guy or Inuyasha.

I am also Aware that the cartoon Networks late night shows are not aimed for younger viewers (especialy Boondocks with its N*gger talk ) ....am i right????

SO can somebody please tell me why "Pee Wee's Play house" was added to the Adult swim line up!!!??? I just dont get it ..... I know its a old saturday Morning Tv show for kids.....I was just wondering why they have it playing at 11:00 ..(i dont even know why they brought that gay show back .)

Is it because he (the guy who plays pee wee) was caught playing with him self in a movie hall????
    Last edited by ~Urbane~; 08-02-2006 at 02:29 PM.
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    I think they brought back Pee-Wee's playhouse for the same reason they brought Saved by the Bell in that line up. I'm going to assume that the numbers from polls taken by viewers showed that they are from the same generation. I mean I liked it back in the day, but I gotta admit I was on some other sh!t when I was little. That dood is weird as sh!t! lol

Credits
    for real the pee wee shit is rel annoying.
    err time i see that shit come on i jus tun de tv.
    n de fella does act so ghey.

Credits
    that adult swim shouldn't even be on the cartoon network. deh think it doh have kids up late looking for cartoons to watch? especially in the summer time.

Muzikal Revolushan crownprincemuzik's Avatar crownprincemuzik is offline
    Credits
    Yea, pee wee's playhouse is weird as hell, I see now, why I didn't watch it when I was younger, it's like a drugged out "Mr Rogers Neighborhood"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ting
    that adult swim shouldn't even be on the cartoon network?.
    why not?

its ADULT swim

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    why not ?
    b/c some of those shows are not for children to be watching. it's summertime.. u tink it eh have children up late? when my daughter wants to watch cartoons the first channels she does go to is cartoon network or nick.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    b/c some of those shows are not for children to be watching. it's summertime.. u tink it eh have children up late?
    -not all cartoons are for kids

-adult swim is for adults

-parents should make sure their kids are not watching that chanel @ night
    same way they censor HBO

NICKELODEON is 24/7 has kid programs

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    -adult swim is for adults

-parents should make sure their kids are not watching that chanel @ night
    same way they censor HBO

NICKELODEON is 24/7 has kid programs
    cartoon network has been a channel for kids for sooo long and there used to be kids cartoons 24/7 on that channel. and if they had kids programming 24/7 for how long then they know that children watching tv late at night. why all of a sudden deh wanna put adult programming on at night? steups.

plus.. how many parents do you really think knows that there is adult programming on a channel called THE CARTOON NETWORK? i know but not all parents do.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 08-02-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Credits
    I was asking myself the same question Thursday night when I was up and watching Pee Wee Playhouse. I said why this isn’t on earlier. They don't want kids to scream at the word of the day like we use too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie
    I was asking myself the same question Thursday night when I was up and watching Pee Wee Playhouse. I said why this isn’t on earlier. They don't want kids to scream at the word of the day like we use too.
    because deh backwards.... deh have kids programming showin in de middle of adults programming and adult programming showing on a network dat shouldn't even be showing adult programing.

Muzikal Revolushan crownprincemuzik's Avatar crownprincemuzik is offline
    Credits
    Adult swim has been in going on since at least '02... Sooner or later the parents need to be aware of what is on the TV simple... Regardless of what channel

Credits
    that adult swim shouldn't even be on the cartoon network. deh think it doh have kids up late looking for cartoons to watch? especially in the summer time.

Pee Wee playhouse is the WORSE. I have no idea how I thought it was funny when I was younger.

In my opinion to the response above: that is why parents should monitor what their children watch. When u give your 5 year old child their own TV in his/her room with cable attached, there is no telling what they are watching. That is also why they created parental guides and parental locks for certain shows.

Credits
    I think they just like to do odd stuff sometimes. A few months ago, they had some "bad 80's shows" thing or something like that and they were showing Saved By the Bell. I guess instead of replaying the same shows over and over, they'd rather throw on an odd choice of a show, but one that they know from when they were growing up.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    cartoon network has been a channel for kids for sooo long and there used to be kids cartoons 24/7 on that channel. and if they had kids programming 24/7 for how long then they know that children watching tv late at night. why all of a sudden deh wanna put adult cartoons on at night? steups.

plus.. how many parents do you really think knows that there is adult programming on a channel called THE CARTOON NETWORK? i know but not all parents do.
    Dougla,
    cartoon network includes ALL cartoons

not just CHILDREN cartoons

I and many other adults want to see our adult cartoons
    on cartoon network they made a whole slot just for them

the block is not on till 11pm

the black it self is called A D U L T swim and if i remeber correctly they have a watermark at the bottom right during the block

aaand on top of this there is a warning before the segment begins

after they have done if parents still dont know what there kids are watching @ night
    they probably need to pay closer attention to their children(NOT saying you Dougla)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast