Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By notorious saga
  • 2 Post By sharkie
  • 1 Post By Taj

Thread: Carnival Tips for Men - This is funny. I feel like most men are usually so ready.

Credits

Carnival Tips for Men - This is funny. I feel like most men are usually so ready.

1)Exercise and DIET is fundamental. You don’t have to workout to be the fella with the best abs on the road, just enough to get your fitness level up to help build your stamina for the two days of ‘palancing’.

2)If you weren’t satisfied with your physical appearance on the road the previous year, don’t wait one month before carnival and wish for a magical body transformation. Hard work pays off, hit the gym early and get into BEAST MODE!

3)Wear proper sneakers, I’ve seen people play mas in slippers already. Make sure your feet are well cushioned and protected at all times. Remember there may be broken bottles and other debris on the street.

4)Image is everything, be BOLD! Go all out and have a Monday wear with matching sneakers, board shorts and everything in between. Same applies for the full ‘foo-rah’ on Tuesday. Some men go all out by ensuring their board shorts are altered, sneakers/boots colour scheme is coherent with the costume, wear designer sunglasses, airbrush body designs, hair dye and custom haircuts in addition to ad-ons or subtractions in some cases to their costume. Whatever you choose, please don’t overdo it, seek advice from a friend.
    http://www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com/?p=8320
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    played mas in slippers 2 years in a row.. no problems.. u know them adidas slippers wit the velcro... First year i put rubber bands around my feet to help hold the slippers in place... had everyone laughing.. Second time i just wore slippers by itself and no problems again...

most of those instructions up there tho are for the women... no man is gonna care about color coordinating and all dat...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    I didn't click on the link but from tips 1.- 4, I hope it's a woman giving these tips. most fellas I know could careless what they or other dudes look like on carnival Mon and Tue.
    Socapro likes this.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    played mas in slippers 2 years in a row.. no problems.. u know them adidas slippers wit the velcro... First year i put rubber bands around my feet to help hold the slippers in place... had everyone laughing.. Second time i just wore slippers by itself and no problems again...

most of those instructions up there tho are for the women... no man is gonna care about color coordinating and all dat...
    that shit is ghetto lmao
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    that shit is ghetto lmao
    lolll
    not really... U ever see warriors in sneakers?
    is slippers they wore on their feel back in dem times so slippers complete the look
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    lolll
    not really... U ever see warriors in sneakers?
    is slippers they wore on their feel back in dem times so slippers complete the look

dat sound like it really want a lil spray-paint.
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    that shit is ghetto lmao
    HB is ghetto as sh!t

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    I didn't click on the link but from tips 1.- 4, I hope it's a woman giving these tips. most fellas I know could careless what they or other dudes look like on carnival Mon and Tue.
    Lol, when last you went home for carnival or watched a big popular band? ALL dem fellas coordinated.
    Mrs. Campbell and mz_JazE like this.

Taj
    Credits

i pop on and see this

ahhhh man I'm fukkkin dyyyyying right now

tears n shit as if the mas in slippers wasn't bad enough
    bktrini305 likes this.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel