Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnival Love "Re-Connections"

Credits

Cool Carnival Love "Re-Connections"

Taken off Trinidad Carnival Diary..............my feelings on this is if yuh didnt make the necessary contact with the person when they right in front yuh face why bother now.

Your eyes meet across the crowded bar at a fete, you smile, he smiles backs. She steals a wine, you oblige before she escapes yet again to turn up at another fete, another time. It must be serendipity that you both are playing mas in the same band… same section. Yet somehow you let the person slip away without a name, a phone number or even an email address… blame it on the alcohol!

If any of you have seen my Facebook status the past few days you must be thinking I have gone insane; yes folks I am looking for a man! Not for myself, of course, but for a Carnival lover who happened to run into a guy she met in 2008; he was blessed then by a sweet wine in a fete, and a memory was created. Fast forward to 2009, she again sees him at various fetes and even on the road for 2009 yet though they chat, dance and keep running into each other, they part ways not even establishing a follow up connection. The hunt is on to find this mystery guy, feel free to “macco” my Facebook profile and check out his photo.

While pursuing this matter on behalf of my friend I was encouraged to write today’s post by others who are also seeking out a Carnival sweetie…..much like the “I SEE YOU” segment in some City Newspapers!

If you will like to make a Carnival Connection send in a photo of the person you would like to get in contact with via email : trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com. Please use "Carnival Connection" as the subject of the email.

http://www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com...nnections.html

***mods please let it run its course b4 yuh put it tuh die in CC**
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    ahhhhh the memories

at least we were smart enuff to exchange info before we separated....

Credits

Never happened to me but I know enough ppl that been thru it. Picong when yuh head gone in a fete or on the road too much going on to pull out yuh phone and get contact info. I know I can't stand for ppl to try to converse when music loud in my ears...i hate to keep saying "huh..what". Plus I guess ppl feel like another opportunity will come up but then you lose them in the crowd and that's that.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    ahhhhh the memories

at least we were smart enuff to exchange info before we separated....
    Tell us your stories (c)PJK
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Exactly... but it might be less embarassing by email? lol.. it might have been really just a wine and the other thinks is more.

Credits
    sh!t I had many of those
    You never realize how the big your Mas Band is until you drunk trying to find someone

I lost many potentials My list longer than Madoff of whines I never collected

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Tell us your stories (c)PJK
    lol well its not a dramatic story but i met this fella through a friend of a friend. Real sweeeeeeettttt indian fella. But i wasn't checking him like that when i first met him. I was introduced to him on the way to a fete and i left it at that, until he kept checking for me so i gave my friend my number to give him and we talked and ting, hung out and ting...yunno. Carnival day, we hung out and ting, wine and ting yunno, And as i got to know him, i realized he's cool and i liked him. Since i came back we talk just about everyday but he's not looking to come here and i'm not going back anytime soon(unless unfortunate events happen) so thats where its at......

Credits
    lol well its not a dramatic story but i met this fella through a friend of a friend. Real sweeeeeeettttt indian fella. But i wasn't checking him like that when i first met him. I was introduced to him on the way to a fete and i left it at that, until he kept checking for me so i gave my friend my number to give him and we talked and ting, hung out and ting...yunno. Carnival day, we hung out and ting, wine and ting yunno, And as i got to know him, i realized he's cool and i liked him. Since i came back we talk just about everyday but he's not looking to come here and i'm not going back anytime soon(unless unfortunate events happen) so thats where its at......
    Sounds like you found yuh carnival lover. Just keep in touch and enjoy the lil tension then plan to reunite every carnival...well unless you get involved w/ someone here and doh feel carnival is excuse to horn.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Sounds like you found yuh carnival lover. Just keep in touch and enjoy the lil tension then plan to reunite every carnival...well unless you get involved w/ someone here and doh feel carnival is excuse to horn.
    yea...i plan on going back in december sooooo......

Credits
    yea...i plan on going back in december sooooo......
    ummm hmm...doh forget to post yuh stories when yuh reach back

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    So did jep sting yuh naina? lol
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Chinky...loooool

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    So did jep sting yuh naina? lol
    and the rum and roti went down good too lol

Credits
    ah wonder wat was d final story wit she fren
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio