Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnival - $200,000,000.00 to the New York City economy and zero return

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK View Post
    NYC West Indian Day Parade is not a Carnival maybe thats why... :
    OK.. Well West Indians will NOT move or cancel their "PARADE" to spite the city..

same thing applies.

Credits
    The Labor day parade have a good amount of potential and could reach it if a good amount ah dat money is invested in it...ahh well

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    NYC West Indian Day Parade is not a Carnival maybe thats why... :
    Now you done come in here and set it off! :
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    i think they should close down kings plaza

and we all should party in there

all 8 million of us

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post
    Now you done come in here and set it off! :
    Your hair on fire?!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    i think they should close down kings plaza

and we all should party in there

all 8 million of us
    I cracked the hell up at my desk but you may have a good point there. Have the thing out in that Aviation area and everyone is happy! LOL
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Your hair on fire?!
    LOL No silly.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dimes2020 View Post
    You thinking real small Shandy... Hell Yes! The carnival people should get a venue regardless of the number of days for the event. What was the total attendance of Yankees after 81 games? NY Labor Carnival had over 3 million in a six hour period. If Yankees or Donald Trump could do that - they would want ownership of the world.

How much money do you think MTA makes from just from Utica Ave train station on Labor Day? They run a rush hour schedule from six in the morning to 10pm at night both ways. And every train is full. You do the math. But maybe that's the problem carnival people can't do math.
    3 million ppl in a six hour period which is going to decrease to at least half when ppl realize they may have to pay to enter. So yuh amke money for 6 hours and then the next 364 days and 18 hours in the year yuh need to pay for maintenance and upkeep.

Credits
    Sorry Shandy, my mistake...

The city is not going to give up close to have a billion dollars. They can't believe the carnival people are that dum.

Credits
    btw the utica ave station is free for a good portion of the day to let traffic flow freely

Credits
    So in Vincy Carnival for example how does the Caribbean Community benefit financially in your own humble opinion..

R U SERIOUS?

I am SURE U R.

Well, the RESPONSIBILITY of VINCY MAS is UNDER the UMBRELLA of the MINISTRY of CULTURE. So this is a VINCENTIAN/GOVERNMENT RUN EVENT. Therefore, the VINCENTIAN BUSINESS sector and the GOVERNMENT are the ones who should BENEFIT from VINCY MAS.

The CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY BENEFITS because there will be MORE TRAFFIC coming to VINCYLAND during that TIME period. So in the case of BARBADOS, they will BENEFIT from VINCY MAS and so will other NATIONS that TRAVEL from other CARIBBEAN NATIONS to VINCYLAND.

But in TERMS of the REVELLERS, they will have a GRAND TIME when they come to VINCYLAND for VINCYMAS. Just to be in the GEMS of the ANTILLES is more than enough BENEFIT for NON VINCENTIANS to ATTEND VINCY MAS.

That SAID, it is the WEST INDIAN COMMUNITY under the DIRECTION of WIADCA who is SUPPOSE to BENEFIT the MOST from LABOR DAY on de PARKWAY, but I DO NOT BELIEVE this is HAPPENING. Being that the CITY is making 200 MILLION DOLLARS because of this EVENT, CLEARLY the WEST INDIAN COMMUNITY is GETTING the SHORT END of the STICK.

This is WE TING but it seems like DA CITY is the DEFACTO FINANCIAL WINNER of WE TING.

There is no WAY that a COMMUNITY who is GENERATING over 200 MILLION DOLLARS to the CONFERS of the CITY should NOT GET what it WANTS from the CITY.

Again, we NEED a CEO with a BUSINESS BACKGROUND and PREFERABLY with POLITICAL CONNECTIONS to RUN WIADCA. It is time to WRESTLE CONTROL of WIADCA from the LEZAMA FAMALEE.

YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Credits
    lol Almost a good monologue.. I expected you to go into a little history also but I guess you know me better by now..

One thing though, you do know that the 200million is not in direct dollars right?!... :

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by dimes2020 View Post
    Sorry Shandy, my mistake...

The city is not going to give up close to have a billion dollars. They can't believe the carnival people are that dum.
    You stop dey wit dat. Don't make assumptions on what the city will do. While the city gets a lot of revenue, it also generates massive expenditures as a result of this event. The NYPD, FDNY (EMS) and sanitaton overtime figures aren't small at all. To some it is far more hassle than it is worth. Now if the association could reasonably demontsrate the value of this commodity then this would all be moot. They once had trouble proving 5M only about 5 years ago to the state and I know this personally. So in all their years of existence if only 5 years ago they couldn't demonstrate on paper 5M of revenue directly associated with the parade, why the hell should the city, state, or anyone else for that matter give them anything? That 200M figure is astounding but can they even prove 10% of that realisticaly?

Credits
    $200,000,000.00 to the New York City economy and zero return

half of that going to mexicans pushing shopping carts selling flags made in china

so chinese r benefitting the most

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    $200,000,000.00 to the New York City economy and zero return

half of that going to mexicans pushing shopping carts selling flags made in china

so chinese r benefitting the most
    behave nuh

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast