Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carl lewis snubs usain bolt

Gladiator

Carl lewis snubs usain bolt

From ANDY DUNN in Philadelphia, 11/07/2009

CARL LEWIS did not see Usain Bolt's jaw-dropping run in Lausanne but he doesn't really need me to tell him what happened.
    He knows what's coming. I tell him anyway. Tell him that Bolt sauntered through a Swiss storm to record the fourth-fastest 200 metres in history.

And his look, his theatrical shrug of the shoulders tells more than a thousand words. But he gladly adds the thousand words.

Lewis experienced and saw many things in a controversial career that spanned two decades, four Olympic Games and nine gold medals. But he has never witnessed anything quite like the astonishing feats of the 22-year-old Jamaican.

He says: "He (Usain Bolt) could be the greatest sprinter of all time. I don't know.

"But I think it's interesting how in our sport, in our times, how someone can make that sort of dramatic change. But for someone who ran 10.00 seconds and now they are talking they can run 9.4 seconds the next year, it just boggles the mind

"I was in Osaka (for the 2007 World Championships) and I saw the 200m. I saw Tyson Gay just drill him (Bolt) and one year later he (Bolt) breaks the world record.

"Wow, that's a huge improvement in a year. And in the 100m it's gone from ten flat to nine seven. It's a huge improvement."

As much as he has been stunned by Bolt's stratospheric development, Lewis has been equally shocked by the absence of a challenge to his supremacy.

Bolt looks nailed on to surpass Lewis's tally of Olympic golds and it would be one of the biggest ever sporting shocks if he didn't clean up at next month's World Championships in Berlin.

But Lewis believes American sprinters are now suffering from the same disease that has blighted British athletics . . . a tolerance of the average.

He explains: "I don't understand why you don't have too many athletes. And one of the things contributes is that you accept mediocrity. Honestly I do. In America it's the same. We seem to say all the Caribbeans are going to win. Are you freaking kidding me?

"We've dominated and then all of a sudden, one Olympics and these Jamaicans come along and run these crazy times and performances and all of a sudden everyone says now they are the fastest. It's like everyone just lays down.

"Really, it's ridiculous. People need to get over it, go to work - and stop whining. We're worse than England. How can you tell me that a country the size of Philadelphia (Jamaica) is gonna beat the United States?
    It's not possible. So we need to get over it and get back to work."

Carl Lewis on Usain Bolt | Track king talks frankly on sprinter | Sport | News Of The World

Credits
    Carl Lewis should stfu and know that the yankees are getting caught "juicing".
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    there is no such thing as bad publicity..

you just have to know how to spin doctor
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Credits
    Lmfao.

It might sound like hating, but Bolt really has made unprecedented improvement in the last year.
    The man win the 100m gold and ah doh think he had run a dozen 100m races yet.

And ah know training methods have improved, but this man seems to have no upward graph towards a peak. Is like dude can just go out there and run however the frig fast he want.

If it was ah Yankee ah woulda surely say he on drugs

Credits
    Carl F@gwis is a jealous f@g that still angry from the time Buju first dropped boom bye bye.

Spoogie
    The #################### American pride

Gladiator
    I really dont believe he would say the same if bolt was American..but I still hate the fact that some non americans quick to assume that an american sprinter is taking drugs whenever him/her run fast...right now Sanya Richards and Tyson Gay flying the american flag high and haters quick to assume they using drugs

Spoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    I really dont believe he would say the same if bolt was American..but I still hate the fact that some non americans quick to assume that an american sprinter is taking drugs whenever him/her run fast...right now Sanya Richards and Tyson Gay flying the american flag high and haters quick to assume they using drugs
    I wonder if it's because they have this history of cheating ? Win at all cost attitude.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    I wonder if it's because they have this history of cheating ? Win at all cost attitude.
    did michael johnson, allen johnson, maurice greene had that win at all cost attitude..??..or maybe they work and train very hard and also had potential ? ....or you going to be one that say they were never tested alot..??
    Last edited by Gladiator; 07-14-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Lmfao.

It might sound like hating, but Bolt really has made unprecedented improvement in the last year.
    The man win the 100m gold and ah doh think he had run a dozen 100m races yet.

And ah know training methods have improved, but this man seems to have no upward graph towards a peak. Is like dude can just go out there and run however the frig fast he want.

If it was ah Yankee ah woulda surely say he on drugs
    But unlike yankee's who just some how pop out during the crutch time and running tings... he has been unbelievable from junior level....and everybody knows Jamaica's high school track program is one of the best in the world.

gay-arl Lewis better start getting use to it...because Bolt is going to put the record away for a few decades well unless he has son that come and break it and after that he is going to f#ck up the 400m...and if Asafa gets a head doctor it's going to be 1 and 2 next month in the 100's.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    But unlike yankee's who just some how pop out during the crutch time and running tings... he has been unbelievable from junior level....and everybody knows Jamaica's high school track program is one of the best in the world.

gay-arl Lewis better start getting use to it...because Bolt is going to put the record away for a few decades well unless he has son that come and break it and after that he is going to f#ck up the 400m...and if Asafa gets a head doctor it's going to be 1 and 2 next month in the 100's.

Breds I agree Bolt is the main man and main contender for the title this year but i dont see asafa coming second at all...you see how Gay undress him in the last race !! ??..and whats scary is that Gay look like him still had alot more energy at the end of the race.

Spoogie
    Breds I agree Bolt is the main man and main contender for the title this year but i dont see asafa coming second at all...you see how Gay undress him in the last race !! ??..and whats scary is that Gay look like him still had alot more energy at the end of the race.

Go suk yuh mumma wid yuh badmind trini self ...

Bout gay undress powell... weh di bumboclat this me a read inna night yah ?

Credits

Sanya is Jamaican that were she got introduced to track and field...if they ever find her with a key of Coke or some weed...the news is not going to read American sprinter Sanya....they going to say Jamaican born American sprinter Sanya.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    Go suk yuh mumma wid yuh badmind trini self ...

Bout gay undress powell... weh di bumboclat this me a read inna night yah ?

LOL *dead*..does not matter if am trini..look at the race, the man get undressed

Credits

Gay man as still not ran as fast as Powell or as his record for consistent fast times...Asafa Just needs a psychologist....Since the pressure is of him seeing that Bolt is carrying Jamaica on his shoulders I expect him to do better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast