Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Caricom influece in Haiti

  1. #1
    Gladiator
    Guest

    Caricom influece in Haiti

    How is it Haiti fellow Caricom brothers seem to have little influence on what is going on in Haiti and INSTEAD its the European Countries and the US taking lead. I understand global health is needed because caricom dont have all the resources to assist Haiti but how is it Caricom is almost invisible in the rebuilding and recovery process ?..Whe shit hits the fan you really see who can take control and who just talk ..

  2. #2
    Registered User CoilyKinks's Avatar CoilyKinks is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Credits
    178,610
    From your above comment it appears you need to re-open the history books and read on what CARICOM nations have done and continue to do to help the troubled country of Haiti.

  3. #3
    Registered User Aquinhaiti4ever is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ATL/Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    1,142
    Credits
    4,843,699
    It seem like only heavy weight countries have power in Haiti right now even the Haitian governments can't say anything.

  4. #4
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,373,156
    Yeah, we don't even take each other seriously, how any other country/union outside the region gonna take us seriously. lotta work to do.

  5. #5
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyKinks View Post
    From your above comment it appears you need to re-open the history books and read on what CARICOM nations have done and continue to do to help the troubled country of Haiti.
    Caricome countries have had little impact compared to other nations and rae not the ones laeding the rebuildoing of Hai since the earthquake..put down your history books and read the news ..

  6. #6
    Registered User Aquinhaiti4ever is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ATL/Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    1,142
    Credits
    4,843,699
    US, France, and Canada they have more interest in Haiti than Caricom countries maybe that's why you hear more about these 3 musketeers the Canadian prime minister actually in Haiti right now and Wednesday French president next probably Mr Obama who knows.
    Last edited by Aquinhaiti4ever; 02-15-2010 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #7
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    US, France, and Canada they have more interest in Haiti than Caricom countries maybe that's why you hear more about these 3 musketeers
    ok cool..but not hear instead what i know from what has been published and advertised from countries imapct since the Hurricane and Caricom nations have very little imapct . Keep in mind Haiti is a caricom nation and neighbours caricom nations. Now honestly what is comical is the fact that Caricom like to run up dem mouths but when real shit happens they have almost no influence lol..and when i say contribution I am not only speaking in terms of finance, because tehre are many avenues a country can use to help assist another country.

  8. #8
    Registered User CoilyKinks's Avatar CoilyKinks is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Credits
    178,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Caricome countries have had little impact compared to other nations and rae not the ones laeding the rebuildoing of Hai since the earthquake..put down your history books and read the news ..
    The history is always part of the present. You cannot talk about the current situation without speaking on the past strains between Haiti and the CARICOM bloc.

    The Haitian interim government was the one that suspended regional relations after Jamaica decided to grant refugee status to Aristide (who was ousted with the help of the US government in 2004). CARICOM was forced to not support its neighbor because of the Haitian government's decision to not receive that backing. Despite this, CARICOM was still willing to recognize Haiti as a member-state of the region.

    And FYI Guyana is the largest donor to Haiti with Ghana coming in second.

    Neither the US nor France have sincere interests in Haiti and for you to compare their contributions to that of CARICOM nations is completely offensive.

    You truly need a history lesson when it comes to how Haiti has been treated by both the US and France, but it appears these countries have you just as blinded as the majority of those who do not know the geo-political history of Haiti.

  9. #9
    Registered User CoilyKinks's Avatar CoilyKinks is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Credits
    178,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    US, France, and Canada they have more interest in Haiti than Caricom countries maybe that's why you hear more about these 3 musketeers the Canadian prime minister actually in Haiti right now and Wednesday French president next probably Mr Obama who knows.
    And do you think that interest is in the least bit sincere??

    And to think Bill Clinton, one of the few US presidents to systematically help destroy the political, social and economic advancements of Haiti, is currently UN special envoy to the very same country.

  10. #10
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyKinks View Post
    The history is always part of the present. You cannot talk about the current situation without speaking on the past strains between Haiti and the CARICOM bloc.

    The Haitian interim government was the one that suspended regional relations after Jamaica decided to grant refugee status to Aristide (who was ousted with the help of the US government in 2004). CARICOM was forced to not support its neighbor because of the Haitian government's decision to not receive that backing. Despite this, CARICOM was still willing to recognize Haiti as a member-state of the region.

    And FYI Guyana is the largest donor to Haiti with Ghana coming in second.

    Neither the US nor France have sincere interests in Haiti and for you to compare their contributions to that of CARICOM nations is completely offensive.

    You truly need a history lesson when it comes to how Haiti has been treated by both the US and France, but it appears these countries have you just as blinded as the majority of those who do not know the geo-political history of Haiti.
    Where in any of my preevious post I mentioned anything about History. If you still dont get what this topic is targeting and not Haiti history of trade with other countries then you lost. ..or maybe you felt like talking about History today

  11. #11
    Registered User CoilyKinks's Avatar CoilyKinks is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Credits
    178,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Where in any of my preevious post I mentioned anything about History. If you still dont get what this topic is targeting and not Haiti history of trade with other countries then you lost. ..or maybe you felt like talking about History today
    NO, Lieutenant. The history of Haiti explains why "the European Countries and the US taking lead" and disproves your claim that "fellow Caricom brothers seem to have little influence on what is going on in Haiti".

    And Guyana's own contributions, separate from that of CARICOM's collective pledge also disproves your short-sighted observation that "Caricom is almost invisible in the rebuilding and recovery process".

  12. #12
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyKinks View Post
    NO, Lieutenant. The history of Haiti explains why "the European Countries and the US taking lead" and disproves your claim that "fellow Caricom brothers seem to have little influence on what is going on in Haiti".

    And Guyana's own contributions, separate from that of CARICOM's collective pledge also disproves your short-sighted observation that "Caricom is almost invisible in the rebuilding and recovery process".
    Guyana contribution is little compared to other nations if you cant see that then you are short sighted. Your explanation of caricom little influence is because of Haiti history with the US and Europe is weak. Something happens to T&T and England and the US has more influence in after process instead of fellow caricom nation we will here that same lame shit about T&T history with US and England..When shit hits the fan you see who and what is really effective in your own backyard.

  13. #13
    Registered User CoilyKinks's Avatar CoilyKinks is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,530
    Credits
    178,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Guyana contribution is little compared to other nations if you cant see that then you are short sighted. Your explanation of caricom little influence is because of Haiti history with the US and Europe is weak. Something happens to T&T and England and the US has more influence in after process instead of fellow caricom nation we will here that same lame shit about T&T history with US and England..When shit hits the fan you see who and what is really effective in your own backyard.
    Ignorance is truly bliss.

    Enjoy.

  14. #14
    100 % Ayisien-0% yankee haitianprince's Avatar haitianprince is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Posts
    4,069
    Credits
    1,034,229
    who said the caricom nations didn't donate to haiti, read below:
    but the u.s.,France,Canada are the most donated to haiti by billions of dollars , that why U.s.,France,Canada are mention the most ,instead of the caricom nations




    By Azad Ali
    Published: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:40 PM EST
    Eight CARICOM countries and the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) have contributed a total of $4 million towards the relief effort in Haiti, with Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana topping the list with pledges of $1 million each.

    This was revealed by CARICOM Secretary General Edwin Carrington during a news conference at the 15-member regional body’s headquarters in Guyana.

    In giving a breakdown of the pledges by the CARICOM members states to date, Carrington took note of Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Patrick Manning’s announcement that the $1 million his government has pledged to Haiti is “in the first instance.”

    He said there may be more pledges coming for other member states.

    He said the “information we have at the moment” is that in addition to the pledges from T&T and Guyana, the six other CARICOM states contributed as follows – Grenada $100,000, Suriname $1 million, St. Lucia $187,265 the Virgin Islands $8,000, Antigua and Barbuda EC$100,000 and St. Vincent and the Grenadines $100,000. In addition, Carrington said the CDB has pledged $200,000.

    In doing so, he and other senior CARICOM officials defended the organization from criticisms throughout the region that its response after the earthquake recently has been lacking.

    Carrington highlighted Jamaica’s immediate deployment of a contingent of troops to Haiti after the earthquake and its 10000-member strong CARICOM team there now.

    As for Jamaica’s willingness to accept Haitian refugees, CARICOM implementation Agency for Crime and Security executive director, Lynne Anne Williams said there are some concerns about ensuring the proper identification of any such Haitians, due to the escape of 3,780 prisoners when Haiti’s main jail collapsed during the earthquake.

    Williams said that among the procedures that must be put in place by CARICOM to deal with the refugee issue, is a system “confirming the documentation and identification of persons who wish to move to different CARICOM states.”
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.


    (Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

    I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

  15. #15
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by haitianprince View Post
    who said the caricom nations didn't donate to haiti,
    I dont know.Tell me who said Caricom nations did not donate ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •