Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Are Caribbean people abroad being selfish?

Credits

Are Caribbean people abroad being selfish?

Are Caribbean people like us living abroad (2nd/3rd gen included) being selfish while our families back home suffer from corruption, high crime rates and "brain drain"?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    Are Caribbean people like us living abroad (2nd/3rd gen included) being selfish while our families back home suffer from corruption, high crime rates and "brain drain"?

what should be expected of caribbean people living abroad?

and are 2nd and 3rd generation people even still considered caribbean?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Many people living in the Caribbean are better off than those living abroad so it all depends.

If you are doing well abroad then you can always transfer money regularly to family and friends in the Caribbean who are suffering if you still care for them and believe that will make a difference.
    Lucianite likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    I don't think so.
    The amount of barrels we does send home lol

I think Caribbean people in the uk are further removed from the Caribbean than those int the us

Credits
    If I recall, the WI in the UK are not exactly living the high life.
    Lucianite likes this.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    I don't think so.

I think Caribbean people in the uk are further removed from the Caribbean than those int the us
    What is it with Caribbean people in the US than tend to hang onto their culture more?! I'm more "west indian" than my Mother...

Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    If I recall, the WI in the UK are not exactly living the high life.
    Very true but not the Women, Black Caribbean women do better than white women (earnings)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    I don't think so.

Caribbean people abroad who does send barrel home just plain chupid, half ah dem people home doing better that the people abroad. I know half of my fam that will only come foreign to visit, no way they will pack up and move. I also know nuff people out here that give up their good jobs at home to come here and work in stores.
    Socapro, dollbabi and agroDOLCE like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Caribbean people abroad who does send barrel home just plain chupid, half ah dem people home doing better that the people abroad. I know half of my fam that will only come foreign to visit, no way they will pack up and move. I also know nuff people out here that give up their good jobs at home to come here and work in stores.
    hmm...maybe this is de case for trinidad.

Credits
    What is it with Caribbean people in the US than tend to hang onto their culture more?! I'm more "west indian" than my Mother...

Yeah good question

This struck me when I was in the uk how when I asked Caribbean people where they from what i was expecting to hear Jamaican or Lucian or whatever - they would say " British"

Maybe British society there is a higher pressure to be British vs America as a place where people can be more fre to be another culture

Credits
    I had a relative come here this summer and is iPhones they buying unlocked from Apple store....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    hmm...maybe this is de case for trinidad.
    Anybody I know that could afford to go carnival fetes, carnival boatrides and play mas for $$$$ deh eh need no barrels or money. I hate when people go home and play big timer but working 2-3 damn jobs just to make ends meet, there is a lot of this going on. Thats why people home think foreign is ah bed of roses no matter what you tell them, tell them anything different and they think you just dont want them to come up.
    Lucianite likes this.

Credits
    People home only want name brand.... Don't give or send no generic chit lol
    agroDOLCE likes this.

Credits
    Anybody I know that could afford to go carnival fetes, carnival boatrides and play mas for $$$$ deh eh need no barrels or money. I hate when people go home and play big timer but working 2-3 damn jobs just to make ends meet, there is a lot of this going on. Thats why people home think foreign is ah bed of roses no matter what you tell them, tell them anything different and they think you just dont want them to come up.
    The grass is always green.....

But the truth is besides for crime and now a racist government that they can vote out come next elections most Trinis are better off at home than the ones living abroad.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    But you can home broke lol
    Or doh let your money finish lol

Credits
    But you bet not home broke lol
    Or doh let your money finish lol

The amount talk u go get and people take u for a pappy show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast