Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CARIBBEAN AIRLINES will be the EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL CARRIER of JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits

CARIBBEAN AIRLINES will be the EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL CARRIER of JAMAICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Petit Bourgeois Leaders of Jamaica HAVE SPOKEN!

Caribbean Airlines to be Jamaica's exclusive national carrier

Published: Friday | February 12, 2010

R. Anne Shirley, Business Writer

The Government has agreed to ensure that Caribbean Airlines is designated the exclusive national carrier of Jamaica under the air services agreements between itself and other states.

This was stated in the non-binding letter of intent signed on January 22 by the Government, Air Jamaica Limited, Air Jamaica Holdings Limited and Caribbean Airlines, a company owned by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

Under this agreement, the parties are committed to making best efforts to sign legally binding agreements by March 31. In this regard, the GOJ and Air Jamaica will take all necessary steps to effect the cessation of operations of Air Jamaica on or before July 1, and as soon there-after close Air Jamaica.

Caribbean Airlines will commence its Jamaican operations on or before July 1 upon the cessation of operations of Air Jamaica. Effective as of the consummation of the closing, the Government has agreed that "Caribbean Airlines shall be the exclusive national carrier of Jamaica and, in this regard, will not request designation of national carrier status for any other air carrier for as long as the Jamaican operations maintain a minimum level of service and meet certain other criteria, which in each case will be set forth in the definitive agreements".

Prior to the cessation of operations, Air Jamaica will "implement revenue management and communication measures as determined by Caribbean Airlines and reasonably acceptable to the Government of Jamaica in order to actively manage market share, enhance passenger loyalty to the national carrier, and help preserve the competitiveness of the launch of the Jamaican operations (of Caribbean Airlines)".

Air Jamaica currently flies to five destinations on 13 routes. The destinations are the United States, Canada, Cuba, The Bahamas and Curaçao. Last year, the airline carried 1.1 million passengers on these routes.

In Appendix I, attached to the letter of intent, Caribbean Airlines stated it would start up its Jamaican operations by adding a network of routes to its international network.

Caribbean Airlines will also operate a Kingston, Port-of-Spain, Georgetown (Guyana) route one flight/seven days per week, but this route will not form part of the Jamaican operations.

In addition, Caribbean Airlines has indicated that possible intra-island flight between Kingston and Montego Bay is "to be considered". So the advantage that Air Jamaica passengers had to connect between Kingston and Montego Bay will likely be lost.

For the initial Jamaican operations, it is estimated that the routes will be operated with "five to seven aircraft with an estimated number of cockpit and crew, respectively, of 70 to 90 and 140 to 160".

The agreement expects that there will be "synergies and rationalisation in many areas including ground handling (flight and passenger) and distribution".

The Air Jamaica Frequent Flyer Programme will be integrated and rationalised into the Caribbean Airlines programme. In terms of the management and personnel to be employed to man the Jamaican operations, Caribbean Airlines shall have "absolute discretion in the selection and recruitment of any Air Jamaica employees on new contractual arrangements".

Airline tickets to be honoured

Also, the fuel hedge now enjoyed by Caribbean Airlines will be extended to the Jamaica operations.

Caribbean Airlines will honour airline tickets bought on Air Jamaica on routes which will comprise the Jamaican operation and have not yet flown at the time of the closing of Air Jamaica. On or before the closing, "the Government of Jamaica will pay to Caribbean Airlines an amount equal to 93 per cent of the passenger fare value of the Air Jamaica ticket fares".

In consideration for all of the above, the agreement shall contain an anti-dilution provision "to insure that Government of Jamaica retains no less than a 10 per cent equity interest in Caribbean Airlines after closing, giving effect to any equity funding post-closing needed to meet the requisite cash threshold. Such securities shall be of the same class of securities held by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and there shall be no securities senior to it".

The Government of Jamaica will also appoint one director to the board of Caribbean Airlines.
    Jamaica Gleaner News - Caribbean Airlines to be Jamaica's exclusive national carrier - Lead Stories - Friday | February 12, 2010

Credits
    lol @ peiti bourgeois.. the biggest benefitters will be the poor, the government can stopping wasting money on airplane, and invested in agriculture that will employ more people, and reduce the import food bill

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    My trini freinds told me her yardie freinds ain't too happy about the merger (I heard there was a protest in jama'ca about the merger). Well any how does this mean there are no yardie dishes served on air jama'ca flights instead there will be roti and trini dishesserved ??????????
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    lol @ peiti bourgeois.. the biggest benefitters will be the poor, the government can stopping wasting money on airplane, and invested in agriculture that will employ more people, and reduce the import food bill
    I'm looking forward to this Miracle in Jamaica.........

......which the rest of the Caribbean will be eager to Imitate

Credits

good luck to them competing with Delta, American, Jet Blue and others to JA. If Jamaicans were so proud of the national airline , we would have used it regardless. Its about service, so lets see how carribean airlines stack up against the others.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    good luck to them competing with Delta, American, Jet Blue and others to JA. If Jamaicans were so proud of the national airline , we would have used it regardless. Its about service, so lets see how carribean airlines stack up against the others.
    jetblue facked

Gladiator

Credits
    gonna boast on the jamaican facebook groups lol
    STATUS UPDATE: (6/11/11)
    Nigerians are great people

Credits
    Well @ least Caribbean Airlines is better than BWIA.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    with Abdul an dem fellas targeting de YanKKKee Airlines........

........that should BE ENOUGH to give people a hint WHO THEY SHOULD NOT FLY WITH!

Credits

Talking

I deadin wid laugh @ some of the comments.

#

* Expand ⇗

beverly sinclair [Moderator] 4 hours ago in reply to peebee
    so you are one of those people for the new world order. WE LOVE INDEPENDENT WE DONT WANT TO JOIN WITH NO ONE. MANNING IS THE HEAD OF THIS THING AND A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THIS AND DISAGREE.
    YOU CANNOT FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME..........PEOPLE OF JAMAICA BOYCOT CARIBBEAN AIR.
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #

Embarrassed Citizen [Moderator] 6 hours ago
    I will never fly Caribbean airlines. The Government of Jamaica is a disgrace to the honest and willing pilots who wanted to purchase the airline; and to its citizens. Jamaica is headed for the dumpster.
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #
    Concerned Jamaica In the USA [Moderator] 6 hours ago
    Concerned Jamaican, It is a dam disgrace that first many of our companies are now owned by Trinidad and Tobago and now Air Ja our national airlines is next to be owned by T & T what next our Government, our National Dish and what next?
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #

* Expand ⇗

Quackoo [Moderator] 6 hours ago
    I will not accept the fact that Caribbean Airline will be our national carrier! Call be delusional if you will, but I am a patriot, and refuse to be apart of this conspiracy to sell out our pride and heritage! Traitors!
    Flag
    #
    Jak01 [Moderator] 4 hours ago
    I will never travel on Caribbean Airlines
    Trinidad and Tobago will never get my fare
    I will now travel on American Airline, Spirit, Delta etc...
    I am so happy you did not get my vote and will not get it in the next election
    I have friends who this deal has now made them switch from your party
    This was a very bad move
    Trinidad people do not like us
    DO You KNOW HOW IT MAKES US JAMAICAN ABROAD FEEL
    Flag

#
    Earl [Moderator] 4 hours ago
    All a dem national heroes must be a tun inna dem graves now, when dem see what is happening in Jamaica di government don't know what it is doing.The government sold out all the good beaches in Jamaica because dem too licky licky it is just a matter of time and the the Jamaican people will own nothing inna Jamaica. In there "OWN" country they will be beggers,subservient and submissive to their "MASTERS" back to the 17's century.
    Flag

Stiggy [Moderator] 3 hours ago
    "In addition, Caribbean Airlines has indicated that possible intra-island flight between Kingston and Montego Bay is "to be considered". So the advantage that Air Jamaica passengers had to connect between Kingston and Montego Bay will likely be lost."
    This is just one of the many things that will affect us Jamaicans when these Trinidadians take over.
    PNP sold many of Jamaica's assets, now it seems like this Government is just finishing the job on high. I do hope the deal fall through. Di Trini dem a go mek wi feel it bad.
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #
    #
    jahman [Moderator] 3 hours ago
    Well done BRUCE ,i hope you will not sell GORDEN HOUSE or JAMAICA HOUSE to the TRINIDARDIAN.
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply

#
    john [Moderator] 3 hours ago
    now if only those damed trini people was white we wouldn't mind, would we?
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #
    john [Moderator] 3 hours ago
    now if only those damed trini peoples was white we would be rejoicing, wouldn't we?
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #

sheena [Moderator] 3 hours ago
    I am so disappointed with the Jamaican Government. Shame on you!
    Flag
    Like Reply Reply
    #
    BES in New Jersey [Moderator] 2 hours ago
    This is a sad situation. Well, now to figure what airline to travel on to come home! It will NOT be CAL, that's for sure!
    Flag
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    ::shrug::.....Like I said a while back I stopped caring. At least this whole "feud" is over
    I'm at peace with myself....you can have the bitterness.

Credits

Jamaican Working Class PROTEST their Petit Bourgeois Government Leaders decision

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    ::shrug::.....Like I said a while back I stopped caring. At least this whole "feud" is over
    Air J workers intensify protest - Breaking & Current Jamaica News - JamaicaObserver.com

Credits
    I would be vex too if trini was to lose their national airline. I have a jamaican friend who called me to tell me the news and boy I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So he starts off 'so mi hear trinidad a tek over air jamaica, that's y me nah like no bloodclaat trini, uno too badmind' lol so I there laughing because he real vex. So he's like 'the whole a jamaica in a mourning right now, dem a bun down the plane when it reach' lol. So I told him don't worry, u will get a nice roti and a solo to go wit it next time u fly to jamaica lol. But in all seriousness it will be good for the region. One carrier representing the caribbean is good.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast